The In These Chapters Right Now...

Onhohoho

 

Nadine was whining... I WAS BUSY WATCHING MY DRAMAS OKAY!  SCREW YOU!

And then she kept distracting me on Twitter while I was trying to edit. 


 

They walked in silence for a few minutes, slightly awkward but still strangely comfortable before Minho finally spoke up, disturbing the stillness that had settled over them.  “Hyung are you still too embarrassed to talk to me?” he asked with a ridiculously fake pout. 

 

Onew smiled, “Only a little, I was just thinking though.”

 

“Thinking about what?” Minho pressed.

 

That should get everyone together and do dinner or something,” Onew replied, mentally weighing the pros and cons for letting Jonghyun actually meet Minho.  

 

"Who is everyone?" Minho asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Well, us, and you can officially meet Jonghyun, maybe Taemin and Key.  Nothing big or flashy, just hanging out," Onew said slowly, ticking off the names of the important people in his life.

 

"Jonghyun?  The short kid you always sit with at lunch?" Minho asked.

 

Onew giggled, "Yeah, but don't ever say that in front of him.  He is a bit sensitive about the whole height thing."

 

Minho hummed in understanding, playing with Onew's fingers as they walked down the empty sidewalk, "You two are really close aren't you?"

 

"Yeah I guess, he's kind of an most of the time but he's really just a softy.  He is one of my few friends and I guess I'm luck to have him," Onew replied honestly.  While him and Jonghyun argued and teased each other, deep down they really did care about each other.  Jonghyun understood him better than anyone and Onew knew he could always count on the younger to be there with him.  They had made it though their awkward phases in middle school together, from acne to girl problems, they had even made it through the painfully uncomfortable post coming-out months and ultimately became closer because of it.  They were best friends and Onew really did want to introduce him to Minho.  He would just have to trust that Jonghyun wouldn’t embarrass him too badly. 

 

"Hyung what are you talking about?  You have tons of friends," Minho said with a frown.

 

"Minho-ah there is a difference between knowing people and having friends,” Onew replied.  When Minho gave him a confused look he continued, “If we were to announce our relationship tomorrow how many of those people would still talk to me?”

 

Minho fell silent.

 

"Real friends are few and far between and— hey wait, how did you know we sit together at lunch?" Onew said, his brain trying to connect dots that weren’t there.

 

"I... Umm..." Minho stuttered, his face turning red.

 

"You've been spying on me during lunch?" Onew questioned, an air of disbelief in his tone.

 

"I wasn't spying!" Minho argued quickly.

 

"Minho-ah that is so cute!  And creepy, but mostly cute!" Onew said, beyond thrilled that he had inadvertently managed to make Minho embarrassed.  It was a nice change since it was usually him who was flushed and stuttering around the younger.

 

"Shut up.  You pretty much stalked me," Minho threw out as a feeble attempt to distract him.

 

"Mere coincidences," Onew said dismissively with a wave of his hand.

 

"Right.  You accidentally followed me to basketball practice every day?" Minho replied, no malice in his words.

 

"This isn't about me!" Onew shot back.

 

"Well I just happened to notice you in the cafeteria one day, okay.  You were sitting with your friend and you two looked really comfortable together.  End of story," Minho responded simply.

 

"You should have stopped by and said hello," Onew replied calmly, a smug smile permanent on his lips still.

 

"I didn't want to interrupt," Minho replied, his tone stiff as if he wanted to say something else.

 

"What?" Onew asked, picking up on Minho’s not so subtle mood shift.

 

"Nothing you just... you two seemed really comfortable with each other," Minho said, giving Onew a rather pointed look.

 

Onew stared at him in confusion for a second before bursting out in a fit of giggles. "You were jealous of Jjong? That is so silly."

 

Minho pouted, "How was I supposed to know?  You two were always laughing and playing and touching and just looking so damn happy to be around each other."

 

"Minho-ah, do you want to know what we talked about at lunch?" Onew said with a bemused smile.

 

"No,” Minho replied stubbornly, trying but failing to hold back a smile of his own.

 

"We talked about you," Onew said, ignoring Minho’s words entirely.

 

"W-what?" 

 

“I said we talked about you.  Whose idea do you think it was for me to become the basketball manager?  I didn’t even know our basketball team had a manager before this year,” Onew replied.

 

Minho smiled fondly at him, “Well then we should definitely get them all together for dinner; I should thank him properly.”

 

“Thank him?” Onew questioned.

 

“Well it is as much his fault as it is Taemin’s that we finally got together,” Minho stated simply.

 

“And what about me?  Who was the one who had to actually put up with you being a jerk this whole time?” Onew questioned with a frown.

 

“Aww, now who is jealous?” Minho teased.

 

“Shut up,” Onew said, full-on pouting now.

 

“Well let me give you an extra special, private thank you,” Minho said, suddenly stopping only to press Onew’s back against the cold bricks of the nearby building, leaning in close before whispering, “Thank you hyung.” 

 

Minho paused, bodies deliciously close as he studied Onew’s face, “I know you said no kissing but I don’t think I can agree to that anymore,” he whispered. 

 

Onew had no problems with that, his initial embarrassment had died down some and as his rational side kept pointing out, not kissing would in no way reverse the damage to Minho’s neck, so there was no use denying himself what he really wanted. 

 

Their lips touched gently, the kiss slow but sensual as Minho’s body molded against Onew’s chest.  His arms wrapped around the younger boy’s waist, pulling him impossibly closer as Minho’s fingers tangled in his hair once again, their lips moving in perfect sync.  Both seemed to forget about the frigid air nipping at their skin as the kiss naturally deepened, tongues caressing and teeth softly pressing into tender flesh until they were both breathless and panting.

 

“Hyung,” Minho’s voice was gravelly and rough, “I think we should match.”

 

Onew had no idea what he was talking about but the tantalizing way Minho’s lips were working their way down his neck left little room for brain function.  However, when Minho pushed his jacket out of the way, teeth scraping against his exposed collarbone Onew seemed the get the idea, but it felt so good he couldn’t find it in himself to care.  At least Minho was marking him in a place that would be easier to hide.  Onew’s head fell back against the hard wall, biting his lip to keep from making a sound as Minho’s tongue worked over his sensitive flesh.  The frigid air immediately made his skin prickle under the trail of saliva Minho was leaving on his neck, making his senses heighten and the sensation that much more intense.   

 

Minho slowly pulled back, eyeing the abused flesh with a satisfied smirk as he placed a gentle, chaste kiss to Onew’s lips, a stark contrast to what they had been doing earlier.  “There.  Now everyone will know you are taken as well.”

 

Onew rolled his eyes, feigning normalcy but didn’t try to respond since he was still breathless and just short of panting, but he definitely liked the sound of that.  The idea that Minho was possessive of him was still so strange but so satisfying.  It made his toes curl in delight just thinking about it.  To imagine that Minho had ever been jealous of someone else touching him made bubbles of happiness erupt inside him. 

 

After everything that had happened Onew was still insecure, thinking that maybe he was more interesting in Minho than the younger was in him, but he was slowly starting to feel how much Minho wanted him as well.  It was all the little things, the hand holding to keep him from getting cold, the way he hung on every word Onew said like it was the most important thing he had ever heard, the way he worried that he took his teasing too far.  He was considerate and sweet, always being playful but with an undertone of affection that Onew had yet to get used to.  The feeling was strange, so incredibly foreign, but so welcomed.    

 

“Come on hyung, your bus should be here any minute,” Minho said, zipping up the older boy’s coat all the way and grabbing his frozen fingers once again to lead him down the sidewalk.

 

As they turned the corner he caught sight of the bus already pulling up to the stop but they were still over a block away.  Minho pulled him along, breaking out into a run but it was hopeless.  They stopped, Onew a bit breathless because he wasn’t the athlete that Minho was, when they realized there was no chance of making it before the bus pulled away. 

 

“I’m sorry hyung,” Minho said, looking slightly miserable that he was the reason Onew missed it when they were so close to the stop the whole time.

 

“It’s okay Minho-ah, it isn’t like it’s the last bus or anything,” Onew replied good-naturedly. 

 

“Yeah but still, it’s cold and now you have to wait for the next one,” Minho said, obviously upset. 

 

“Well whatever will we do while we wait,” Onew said teasingly, pressing up against Minho’s chest and wrapping his arms around the younger boy’s slim waist. 

 

“Lee Jinki, are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting?” Minho asked playfully.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about Minho-ah,” Onew whispered, leaning up for another kiss, ignoring the painful cold around them as he melting into Minho’s embrace.  As far as he was concerned they had all the time in the world and he planned to enjoy every second of it.

 


Gahhhh Onho will be the death of me I swear it.  My bbs are being all ual and ... idk what to do with myself. 

 

I swear I am going to try and get the last two chapters finished up quickly.  This story has been strung out for far too long as is.  I started this in what?  The spring?  Damn...

 

I need to go to bed though so AN over.