The Most Perfect Date In The History of Forever... Or Something...

Onhohoho

 

So ummm... sorry?  I know it has been forever and most (all?) of you know why.  If you don't, go look at my blogs or something.  I moved to Korea and real life happened and I really didn't have the time or energy for fanfiction.  Things are starting to settle down now so back to writing it is!!!  But I am attempting the NaNo this year so Onho is still kind of on the back burner.  But I promise it is almost done (5? chapters left and half are already written) and it will be finished before the end of the year!!!  Anyways... you guys don't care.  Go read and enjoy my darlings!


 

“Oh my god Key I can’t possibly wear that!” Onew exclaimed, absolutely horrified as he stared at the scrap of blue jean material that Key kept referring to as pants— obviously their definition of what qualified as actual clothing was vastly different— as if they caused him physical pain just to think about putting them on.

 

“What is wrong with them?” Kibum asked, his tone exasperated.  They had been at this for over an hour and Kibum’s patience was obviously being tested now.
 

“It’s so… so… provocative!” he finally articulated, not finding the right words to describe how opposed he was to this particular article of clothing (he refused to even call them pants because the word itself suggested that they covered something).

 

“Hyung you guys are already dating!  It’s okay to show some skin!” Kibum said with an eye roll.

 

“But—“

 

“Are you seriously nervous about your boyfriend seeing your legs?” Kibum asked, cutting him off.
 

“Yes?” Onew replied, but his tone held little conviction. 

 

“Put on the damn pants hyung,” Kibum said, forcing the material into his hands.        
 

“I just can’t do this okay!  I am going to call and cancel.  This is too stressful!” Onew said, finally cracking.  He threw down the pants and flung himself on his bed, rolling up in a blanket and clutching his pillow protectively as he turning away from Kibum. 

 

“What is wrong with you?” Kibum asked tiredly.

 

“I don’t know how to date okay!  This is all new and Minho is going to think I am retarded or something and why do we even have to go out anyway?  Can’t we just like, I don’t know, watch a movie here?  What is wrong with that?  We have popcorn here!  There is absolutely no reason to ever leave the house!”  Onew’s rant was high pitched, stress dripping from every word.

 

“Do you really want to be a hermit couple?” Kibum questioned, trying to pull on the blanket covering his face but the older boy was relentless.

 

“What’s wrong with hermits?  I’m sure they lead happy, fulfilling lives!” Onew retorted. 

 

“Hyung it is just a movie!  I honestly have no idea why you are so freaked out right now,” Kibum replied tiredly. 

 

“Because Minho is perfect and he is going to wake up and realize how un-amazing I am,” Onew mumbled.

 

“Hyung I’m pretty sure that isn’t even a word.”

 

“I don’t care okay!”

 

“Minho is like obsessed with you so there is nothing to worry about so will you just try on the pants?  You are going on this date if you like it or not so just put some clothes on!” Kibum finally said in annoyance.  

 

“Where are my sweats?” Onew asked, slowly starting to unravel his blanket.
 

“Lee Jinki I swear to god if you try to leave this house in sweatpants to go on a date I will cut your throat out!” Kibum screeched, absolutely appalled that Onew would suggest such an idea. 

 

“That is disgusting Kibum-ah," Onew responded coolly, having finally learned to not take Kibum’s violent threats seriously at all.

 

“Then put some real clothes on!” Kibum shot back.

 

“But I don’t want to go!” Onew whined, pouting cutely.

 

“Seriously, why are you even dating him if you are terrified to spend time with him?”

 

“I’m not terrified.  I’m just nervous okay!”

 

“But you’ve been out with him before!”

 

“Yeah but this is different.  We are like official.  We are both on the same page and he is going to have… expectations,” Onew replied, insecurities surfacing once again.  

 

“Oh my god, do you hear yourself?  This is Minho we are talking about.  Minho.  His only expectation is that you show up!  You wasted an awful lot of time and energy getting him to notice you if you are too scared to talk to him now,” Key shot back, rolling his eyes at Onew’s stupidity.

 

“I know okay!” Onew exclaimed.

 

“If you know then get out of bed already!” Kibum practically screeched at him.

 

Onew finally lessened his death-grip on blanket and looked at Kibum, mustering up the most pitiful look he could before continuing, “Kibum-ah, it’s so cold outside.  I can’t wear those, I’ll freeze to death.”

 

Kibum was visibly softening, obviously not used to the older boy’s use of his naturally pouty lips, “Okay fine, but will you please just put some pants on now?  As lovely as you is in those boxers you are just really not my type okay.”

 

“Oh my god Kibum!” Onew exclaimed, utterly scandalized as he quickly grabbed at a less provocative pair of pants that was lying across his desk chair, shoving his limbs through the legs as quickly as possible.  His hasty movements only served to unbalance him and send him tumbling back onto the bed in a very ungraceful fashion. 

 

The bemused snort from Kibum did not go unnoticed. 

 

~~~

 

Onew shifted nervously, pulling his coat tighter around himself to brace against the cold as he waiting at the bus stop for Minho. 

 

He really didn’t even know why he was so nervous.  It wasn’t their first date.  And this time he knew Minho liked him back so logically he should be more relaxed, not the other way around.  However, there were still butterflies fighting in his stomach, viciously attacking him every time he so much as thought about Minho, his longs legs, his perfect hair, his big, honest eyes staring into his soul…

 

A date seemed like a very, very bad idea at the moment. 

 

Onew nearly jumped out of his skin when a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist, hugging him from behind but melted instantly when a warm breath danced across his cold ear with a familiar voice, “hyung, you didn’t wait long did you?”

 

Onew tried not to shiver at the comfortable embrace and the deep, reverberating tone of the younger boy’s voice.

 

“No Minho-ah, I just got here a few minutes ago.”

 

“Good.  Are you hungry?  What do you want?”

 

“Hmmm,” Onew glanced around the busy street, colorful lights assaulting him from every angle as he tried to pick a place for them to eat.  “How about ramen?”

 

“Really hyung?  You can have anything and you pick ramen?” Minho questioned with a playful smile on his lips.

 

“Minho-ah, it’s cold!  And nothing tastes better than a streaming bowl of ramen when you are freezing,” Onew argued back, an adorable pout on his face.

 

Minho chuckled, “whatever you say.”  He wrapped a warm, comforting arm around Onew’s shoulders as he led the way to the restaurant.

 

They scurried inside, both sighing happily at the delicious wave of warmth that washed over them as they walked past the heater before settling down at a quiet table in the back.  Minho quickly pulled his gloves off, grabbing Onew’s bare hands— he was never good at dressing for the weather— and rubbing them to try to get his circulation flowing once again.  Onew’s cheeks glowed at such public attention but Minho seemed so concerned that the older boy didn’t have the heart to ask him to stop.   

 

Onew subtly pulled away when the waitress walked up, pulling off his heavy down coat as Minho ordered for them both.

 

“So what movie do you want to see tonight?” Minho asked.

 

“Anything is fine.  I don’t even know what is playing these days,” Onew confessed, trying not to feel too embarrassed.  It was his idea after all so he probably should have put some thought into it.

 

Minho smirked mischievously, “were you not really planning on watching the movie hyung?”

 

“What?  I mean, we can do something else if you want.  I just threw out movies as a suggestion.  I didn’t really have a specific one in mind so we can do anything you want.  I like whatever really.  What kind of movies do you even like?  I feel like we should have talked about this beforehand or something.  Oh well, mental note for next time I guess.  I didn’t mean for that to sound presumptuous or anything, I just assumed there would be a next time,” Onew began to ramble, feeling uncomfortable that he couldn’t read the bemused look on Minho’s face.

 

“You are too cute hyung.”

 

“I— what?”

 

“I said you are cute.  We can just pick a movie when we get there because it seems neither one of us are too invested in actually watching it anyway,” Minho punctuated his words with a casual hand on Onew’s thigh, placed just a bit too high for comfort.

 

“Minho!” he exclaimed, utterly scandalized when he finally caught onto the subtext of the conversation.

 

Minho laughed loudly, giving Onew’s leg a firm squeeze before pulling back, folding his hands across the table in a sign of innocence as the waitress made her way to their table with a streaming bowl of ramen for them to share.

 

Onew’s leg tingled in a painfully pleasant way where Minho had touched him and his cheeks burned with embarrassment as he slowly reached for his chopsticks.

 

“Hyung I was just teasing you, we won’t do anything you don’t want to okay?” Minho said, giving him a worried look, obviously feeling a little guilty about laughing at Onew’s expense. 

 

“I know Minho-ah, I just didn’t even mean it like that and I didn’t think,” Onew began to babble again, his nerves taking the front seat to anything else in his head.

 

Minho held up a hand, signaling him to stop, “You don’t have to explain yourself, I understand.  Let’s just eat before it gets cold okay?”

 

Onew smiled gratefully as the subject was dropped before he could embarrass himself too much by saying something along the lines of how much he really did want to waste two hours in a dark movie theatre not watching a movie with Minho.

 


So here is part 1 of their date!  Jinki is innocent and perfect and I just want to fold him up and keep him in my pocket... and bbs are being all flirty and suggestive and and it is wonderful.  Don't worry guys... they kiss a lot in the next part.  A LOT OKAY!


Also, I kind of forgot I called him Onew in this story so I kept writing Jinki on accident... I think I fixed them all but maybe not.  happens.  Also, commas are the devil. 

 

I'm going to write like a crazy person these next few days and try to get everything done/mapped out before November so I can focus on my NaNo so hopefully I can post the next few parts quickly. 

 

Okay, that is all for today.  Hope you enjoy and look forward to more updates soon!  <3