Taebaby Has A Secret :D

Onhohoho

Before you even read it... don't judge me okay!  You all already knew about my issues...


 

After the last bell Onew hurried out of the school and rushed to the subway.  He tutored a few days a week after school to make some extra money, however the times did not mesh well so he always had to hurry to get there on time. 

 

It was actually his first day working in awhile however since his regular student had been out for personal reasons. 

 

He rushed into the building, giving the receptionist an apologetic bow when he knocked over the umbrella stand by the door before slipping into the office to see Taemin, his student, already waiting for him.

 

“Hyung!” The younger boy exclaimed, jumping up to give him a hug.

 

“Hey Taemin-ah!  How are you?”  Onew said with a chuckle.

 

Taemin shrugged, his smile slipping from his face, as he seemed to know which questions were to follow.

 

“You’ve been gone for awhile.”  Onew stated pointedly.

 

Taemin nodded.

 

“And you transferred schools?”  Onew pressed gently.

 

Taemin’s eyes remained glued to the floor. 

 

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” Onew said quietly.

 

“It’s not that hyung, I just don’t really like talking about it.  Maybe some other time?”  Taemin muttered, glancing at Onew nervously. 

 

Onew smiled kindly, “that’s fine Taemin-ah.  Just know that I’m here for you, I am your hyung after all.”

 

Taemin smiled, “Thanks hyung.  Now enough about me!  What has been going on with you?”

 

“Oh nothing much, just school and stuff.  There is this new kid at my school though!  He is so cute Taemin.  I can’t even tell you,” Onew began, the obvious excitement radiating from the older boy.

 

“Oh really?  Do you have a crush hyung?”  Taemin questioned playfully.

 

“God Taemin, I feel like a middle school girl right now.  That is how bad it is!  He is just so tall and has this mysterious thing about him and just, wow.  He is gorgeous,” Onew rambled, happy to be able to tell someone other than Jonghyun about Minho.

 

Tamin giggled, “You are really into this one huh?”

 

“God Taemin, he is just, I can’t even begin to tell you.  His name is Minho and he is a bit younger than me but why does that matter really?  He is really quiet though.  I keep trying to get him to talk to me but he acts like he is scared of the world or something,” Onew trailed of slightly as he noticed Taemin’s glazed over expression.  “Taemin-ah?  Are you listening?”

 

“Oh!  Yeah hyung.  I was just thinking about something.  So what are you going to do about this crush of yours?  You obviously like him a lot so are you going to ask him out?”  Taemin said quickly, trying to make up for his lack of attention earlier.

 

“I already did actually!  But he hasn’t agreed yet.  I really don’t think he likes me,” Onew said with a pout. 

 

“You already asked him out?”  Taemin asked, rather surprised.

 

“Yeah, I got some tickets for the soccer game this weekend so I invited him but he hasn’t given me a response yet.”

 

“Well I’m sure he will tomorrow hyung.  Don’t even worry about it.  I don’t have much homework since I just transferred in so why don’t we go do something else?”  Taemin suggested, an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“Umm sure.  What did you have in mind?”  Onew replied.

 

“Well, we have to get you ready for your big date!  I’m calling in reinforcements, hang on,” Taemin said, a sudden forcefulness in his tone.  He pulled out his cell phone and quickly scanned through his address book.

 

--“Hey hyung!

--Yes I’m doing fine.  I actually wanted to ask you if you wanted to go shopping!

--I know I said I would never go with you again but you know I was just kidding right?

--Well I have a friend who needs a little fashion help and I know how you love to spend other people’s money.

--Yeah, we will meet you there in twenty minutes or so. 

-- Great!  Thanks hyung!”

 

Taemin hung up the phone with a satisfied smile.  “Okay hyung lets go!  Key doesn’t like to be kept waiting.” 

 

“Key?”  Onew asked curiously.

 

“A friend of mine.  Trust me, he knows fashion.  You will look amazing when he gets done with you.  One thing though, try not to question him or anything, he has a mean streak and he isn’t afraid to show it,” Taemin warned seriously. 

 

They headed towards the subway, Taemin frantically texting on his phone the whole way before they quickly arrived at the mall where Taemin had agreed to meet up with Key.

 

They found the boy dressed in head-to-toe neon and leaning casually against entrance with a look of boredom on his face.  He brightened considerable at the sight of Taemin, giving the young boy an affectionate smile and a warm hug before turning a critical eye onto Onew. 

 

He assessed him with a fierce gaze, twirling his finger in an obvious ‘turn around’ motion. 

 

Onew complied awkwardly, turning slowly to let this stranger see him from every angle. 

 

“Well, I’ve seen worse,” was all Key said, turning on his heel to lead the trio into the building and making a beeline for his favorite store. 

 

~~~

 

“These pants are florescent orange!”  Onew cried in disbelief.

 

“And?” Key responded, raising his eyebrow in question.

 

“I look like a traffic cone!  Not to mention they are so tight I don’t even think I can bend my knees to walk.”

 

“Taemin you friend is being difficult,” Key remarked with annoyance. 

 

Taemin just giggled in response.

 

“Can we just find something in blue jean material.  Normal blue jean material,” Onew pleaded. 

 

“Oh fine,” Key relented with a huff, pushing Onew back into the dressing room muttering something that sounded vaguely close to “ungrateful” and “fashion emergency.”

 

Onew had barely managed to peel the atrocious orange pants from his body before a mound of blue jean material appeared over the top of the door. 

 

He took them without comment, not wanting to aggravate Key further before grabbing a pair at random and throwing them on.  They were still far too tight but they were definitely an improvement in Onew’s opinion.  He stepped out of the small room, doing a little twirl on the ball of his socked foot. 

 

Key gave him a quick glance. 

 

“No.  Next pair.” 

 

“What’s wrong with these?”  Onew asked, exasperatedly.

 

“Do not question me.  They are awful,” Key hissed. 

 

“Okay!  Sorry,” Onew muttered, turning back to try on the next pair. 

 

The pants seemed to be getting progressively tighter and therefore Key was getting progressively happier with the result. 

 

“Oh I like these.  They make your thighs look marvelous.  And you almost have an !”

 

“You don’t think they are a little too, I don’t know, provocative?”  Onew asked, his fingers nervously pulling at the frayed threads outlining the rather prominent rips all down the front of his legs.  

 

“Do you want to get the boy?”  Key asked.

 

“Yeah,” Onew said quietly.

 

“Then buy the pants.  You could pick up a straight guy in those things,” Key said with an air of finality.  When he saw how unconvinced Onew was he called for Taemin.

 

“Minnie tell him how great he looks in these pants,’ Key commanded.

 

“Wow hyung!  You really do look awesome.  I’m sure Minho will like them too,” Taemin said with a mischievous smile as he gave a pointed look towards the rips across the top part of Onew’s thighs.

 

Onew felt like he was missing out on something rather important when both Taemin and Key began laughing. 

 

“Great!”  Key said quickly before Onew could question anything, “Now get back in that dressing room, I’ll go find a shirt to go with those pants.”

 

Onew groaned.  He never knew he could hate shopping so much.

 


Ohhhh Taebaby and Key seem to know something that Onew doesn’t!  Goodness this story is getting fun to write!  :D

And I will not apologize about writing Onthighs and those stupid pants into every single story.  We all know I have these es and you are just going to have to deal. 

Those pants are always relevant okay!

Shut up.