Minho Says A Full Sentence For the First Time Ever...

Onhohoho

This picture kind of sums up this story perfectly in my mind...

Just less ... because this story is totally PG.


 

It was Friday morning and Onew was both terrified and excited for school that day.  The game was the next afternoon so this was Minho’s only chance to take him up on the offer and the younger boy looked too excited about watching soccer to say no.  Onew thought he had done a good job of getting into his head the day before so hopefully he would feel guilty enough to agree.  That was his plan at least.  

 

Onew went through his morning routine quickly, making sure he looked fabulous, or at the very least presentable, before heading down the stairs to greet his mother before she left for work. 

 

“Well don’t you just look dashing this morning,” his mother said with a smile. 

 

Onew rolled his eyes, pouring himself a glass of juice before plopping down in his seat.

 

“Any plans for this weekend Jinki darling?”  She asked, anyways using what little time she had to spare before work to catch up with her son.

 

“I might be going to a soccer game tomorrow,” Onew said, trying not to get his hopes up too high before he heard a response from the younger boy. 

 

You are going to a soccer game?”  His mother questioned with a raised eyebrow.  “You know that soccer is a sport right?”

 

“Funny,” Onew replied dryly. 

 

“Alright, alright.  I have to go but you will have to tell me about this later,” his mother said with a smile. 

 

She pulled out a few bills out of her purse and leaving them on the table telling him to, “Be sure to eat something good.” 

 

Before Onew had a chance to protest she was out the door.  Onew felt he was a little old to be taking an allowance from his parents but he knew how much his mother loved to spoil him.  He pocketed the money, making a mental note to buy his mother some flowers before he quickly finished his breakfast and headed out the door to get to school on time.  

 

Onew bounced with nervous energy all morning.  He didn’t ever remember his first class being this long, however the minutes kept dragging by slower and slower.  The only problem was the closer he go to his class with Minho the more nervous he became. 

 

What if Minho actually said yes?

 

What if he said no?

 

Onew honestly didn’t know which answer he was more frightened of.

But when the bell finally rang he realized that he was about to get the answer to his question, no matter how unprepared he actually was.

 

He strolled into the classroom, trying to look unaffected and casual as he took he usual seat, sighing in both relief and disappointed to see that Minho wasn’t there yet. 

 

Onew tried to make himself appear to be busy, ruffling through his papers to find his homework and pretending to look for a pencil when Minho walked into the room and silently took his seat.

 

Onew could feel the younger boy’s eyes on him however he continued his façade of looking busy. 

 

“Onew-ssi?” Minho’s said quietly in his deep, memorable voice.

 

Onew’s hands faltered.  He tried to remain calm as he looked up into these big, chocolate brown eyes. 

 

“I didn’t mean to upset you yesterday.  I never meant to give you the impression that I didn’t like you.  I had already made plans with my little brother for Saturday, which is why I didn’t know how to respond.  However, he canceled on me last night, so if the invitation still stands I would like to go to the game with you tomorrow.”

 

Onew stared at him for a moment.  That was the most Onew had ever heard Minho say and he was still a little stunned by the power of his voice.

 

Minho watched him curiously as Onew shook his head slightly, trying to clear his jumbled thoughts before shooting Minho a blinding smile. 

 

“Oh that’s alright, of course the offer still stands,” Onew said, trying to hide is excitement.

 

Minho smiled kindly, relief shown in his eyes.

 

Onew’s fingers tightened their grip around his bag as he tried to refrain from bouncing in his seat. 

 

He officially had a date with Choi Minho.

 

The Choi Minho.

 

Well, in his mind it was a date.  To Minho it was probably just a soccer game with a new friend.

 

But Onew could worry about that later.

 

At the moment he was too focused on not squealing like a schoolgirl.

 

“Maybe we should exchange numbers?” Onew offered, trying to keep his voice level but failing.

 

Minho smiled at him before pulling out a scratch piece of paper and jotting down his phone number and passing it to Onew.

 

Onew started at the wide rule paper in awe, studying the messy but still elegant curve of his handwriting, trying to commit the digits to memory in case something unimaginable should happen to the precious paper before he was able to input it into his phone. 

 

Onew knew he must look ridiculous, like he was radiating sunshine with the intensity of his smile.  He just couldn’t help it.  Thankfully the teacher called their attention to the front before Onew had a chance to embarrass himself by trying to speak.

 

Onew’s mind was a clouded mess of nerves and excitement all throughout the class.  He tried not to look at Minho simply because he thought he heart would explode with happiness if he did. 

 

The hour simply flew by without Onew’s knowledge or approval.  A sudden call of “Onew oppa,” brought him out of his daze.  He turned to see his friend Luna waving excitedly at him from the hallway.  Onew smiled brightly, waving back before quickly packing up his things.  In all the excitement he had forgotten his plans to meet her before their class to compare homework.

 

He was in such a hurry as to not leave Luna waiting that he barely managed a quick, “I’ll talk to you later,” towards Minho before he was out the door.

 

~~~

 

“Oh my god hyung just send the damn text,” Jonghyun groaned, his forehead falling onto the tabletop in agitation. 

 

Onew simply continued to start at the device in front of him as if it would explode at any moment.

 

“Hyung!”  Jonghyun whined, “He told you to text him.  I don’t see what there is to be nervous about.”

 

 “What if I sound awkward?”  Onew asked in panic.

 

“You always sound awkward.  He should be used to it by now,” Jonghyun responded with an eye roll.

 

“What if I sound more awkward than normal?”  Onew questioned, not even registering that he should be offended by Jonghyun’s words.

 

Jonghyun sighed in defeat, deciding not to respond when he realizing his hyung’s delicate state.

 

“Hyung you realize if you don’t send the text that he will think you are an for inviting him and then flaking, right?”  Jonghyun said pointedly.

 

“I know!  But that doesn’t make it any easier okay!”  Onew said in an exasperated tone. 

 

Jonghyun’s arm shot across the table, grabbing the device before Onew could react. 

 

“Oh my god, Jong don’t!”  Onew yelled, lunging at him but to no avail.

 

“I’m just doing what you are too scared to do,” Jonghyun responded, typing frantically on the phone before Onew had a chance to steal it back.

 

Onew continued to make grabs at the device and planting vicious kicks towards Jonghyun’s shins.

 

“And done!”  Jonghyun cheered, a victorious smile on his face.

 

Onew slumped onto the table, “I think I’m going to be sick.”

 

“Oh please.  I didn’t write anything stupid, I’m not that much of a ,” Jonghyun said with an eye roll.  “Wait!  You have Jessica’s number?  She told me she doesn’t have a cell phone!  I’ve been trying to get with her since last year!”

 

“Umm well we are friends so yeah, I have her number.  And she doesn’t give it to you because thinks you’re a prick,” Onew replied simply.

 

“Shut up.  Doesn’t matter now, I just texted her number to myself,” Jonghyun said, a self-satisfactory smile on his face.  

 


Oh course they are going to the soccer game!  DUH! 

Because this story is all about being fluffy and cliche. 

And Minho has to see Onew in those pants... because no one could resist Onew in those pants. 

Ummm... yeah that's about it. 

Nope, no it's not.

I realized I hadn't written in Onew having any friends besides Jonghyun and it was kind of part of the foreword that he was popular.  And he is.  The only problem is that I don't know girl groups AT ALL so I can't exactly give them personalities as characters... so most of them will make short, impersonal appearances.  Like Luna and Jessica in this chapter.  They exist, they just aren't terribly important to the actual plot so i'm not spending much time on them. 

 

So i'm working on the actual date part now and then we will start getting a bit on background... I just haven't quite figured out how I want to write it because I don't want to just do an info dump.  Because that is boring.  Anyways... i'm rambling again.