I Promise the Depression Stops Soon...

Onhohoho

Sorry it's a bit late children.  Real life and whatnot.


 

The next morning Onew woke up to the feeling of his lungs being crushed by a pair of strong arms that had him in a death grip.

 

He groaned, trying to pry the younger boy's fingers off of him so he could squirm away.  He was far too warm under the thick blankets, especially with Jonghyun pressed so tightly against his back.

 

"Jjong let go," Onew grumbled, kicking at him under the covers.

 

"Hyung stop," Jonghyun muttered, still half-asleep as he nuzzling his face in the back of the older boy's neck.

 

"Kim Jonghyun let me go right now!" Onew hissed, pinching his arm rather viciously.

 

Jonghyun yelped, flailing wildly at the sudden assault.

 

Onew took the opportunity to roll away, getting up quickly before Jonghyun tried to suffocate him with love again.

 

Jonghyun scowled, rubbing at his injured arm with a pout but Onew simply smiled innocently.

 

"I'll shower first," he called happily as he made his way to the bathroom, ignoring Jonghyun’s angry mutterings.

 

They both quickly got ready for school and made their way down stairs to grab a bite to eat.

 

Onew's mother had already left for work so the two helped themselves to sugary cereal as they joked around loudly, having juice chugging competitions and seeing who could hang a spoon off their nose the longest.

 

"So what do you think is going to happen tonight at practice?" Onew asked as they strolled down the sidewalk on the way towards school, taking their sweet time to get there even though they were already running a bit late.

 

"I think Minho is going to be pissed," Jonghyun said with a shrug.

 

"That's what I'm afraid of," Onew muttered with a heavy sigh.

 

"Well what are you going to wear?"  Jonghyun asked, veering off topic from Onew’s obvious insecurities.

 

"Ummm, my school uniform?"  Onew replied, confused by the question.

 

"Seriously hyung?  You didn't bring anything with you?"  Jonghyun asked, staring at him.

 

"Should I have?"  Onew replied, getting more and more nervious.  Should he have brought a change of clothes?  How was he supposed to know that?  Did he have time to run back and get some?

 

Jonghyun sighed, "Yes you should have.  Honestly you are just hopeless."

 

"Why is this a big deal again?"  Onew questioned, confused why he couldn’t be seen in his school uniform while at school.  It seemed like common sense to Onew.

 

"Because ill-fitting navy blue and gray does nothing for you," Jonghyun said with a tired sigh.

 

"You sound just like Key," Onew muttered.

 

Jonghyun studied him for a moment before speaking, "here is what we will do, ditch the blazer, roll up your sleeves, loosen your tie and the top two.  Casual y.  I guess that is the best we can do since your pants are beyond help."

 

"Okay, lose the blazer, tie, open the buttons, roll the sleeves.  Got it," Onew repeated obediently after him.

 

"No, the tie stays on, just loosen it.  It gives you that 'ready to fall into bed' look and will give him all kinds of thoughts," Jonghyun corrected him.

 

"That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  He sees me in a tie every day," Onew replied, rolling his eyes at Jonghyun’s ridiculous logic.

 

"A tied tie says business, but a loosened tie says ," Jonghyun said stubbornly.

 

"Where do you even hear this stuff?"

 

Jonghyun shrugged noncommittally.

 

Onew rolled his eyes, "well nothing we can do about it now, we will just have to work with the uniform today," He said as the two of them arrived at the school.

 

"Well good luck hyung.  I'm sure it will be fine.  I'll come by your house tonight afterwards and you can tell me all about it!"

 

Onew smiled weakly, nodding his head as he went to his locker before heading towards his first class.

 

~~~

 

His class with Minho was a whole new level of awkward.  Minho had decided to stop trying to avoid him as to not draw attention to them further.  However, Minho didn't acknowledge his presence or greeting when Onew took the seat next to him, simple nodding his head when Onew sat down before training his eyes to the front of the class.

 

Onew sighed softly, he hadn't really expected anything different but yet he was still disappointed.

 

He was getting tired.

 

If Minho didn't like him, or at least didn’t like him enough to want to date him, then maybe he should just give up.

 

Maybe he shouldn't even bother with all this.

 

Because it was starting to hurt.

 

It stung every time Minho gave him those cold, angry eyes, and Onew wasn't sure how much more he could take.

 

But as his mind clouded with doubt once again he would remember the younger boys bright smile, his boisterous laugh and they way he eyes sparkled.  He would remember their date; the only time Minho had dropped his guards around Onew.

 

No, he wasn't ready to give up just yet.

 

He squared his shoulders, focusing on getting through the day. He had to prepare himself for basketball practice.

 

~~~

 

His first day went surprisingly smooth all things considered. He knew many of the players already so he was welcomed with ease.  Everyone was nice and helpful. Well, everyone except Minho.

 

The younger boy looked livid when his eyes fell on Onew as the coach introduced him to the players as their new manager.  His whole appearance tense and angry, his large eyes narrowing as he watched Onew hover by the sideline, unsure what he should do.  Onew avoided his eyes, studying the seams in the flooring with fascination trying to ignore the accusing eyes boring holes in his back.

 

No one else seemed to notice the awkwardness between the two since Minho kept to himself but Onew could feel the tension.  He could feel the anger and resentment that was directed towards him.

 

As he sat on the bleachers watching the team run drills as he waited for the end of practice so he could just leave.

 

He was really second guessing his decision now.  It was only making the situation worse.

 

Minho didn’t like him.

 

Not even a little bit.

 

And he was practically stalking the younger boy now.

 

He wouldn’t be surprised if the younger boy got himself a restraining order soon.

 

He let out a sigh of relief as the whistle blew and the players trooped like lemmings into the locker room, Minho leading the pack.

 

Onew set to work quickly, putting away the equipment in the storage room before cleaning the floor, his only goal to get out of the building before Minho stepped back out of the locker room.

 

Onew didn’t think he could take any more rejection today.


 


I really can't resist writing fluffy Jongyu bromance.  I just can't.  I love it so much.  And we all know Jong Jong is a cuddler.  And everything about Onew is just begging to be squeezed. 

 

So yeah, Minho is still all pissy and stuff. 

And poor little insecure Onew isn't handling it well.

I'll try to edit it again later, it's barely had a read through so... sorry.

Ummm... not much to say today... probably going to take a nap with my niece so... later.