Jongkey Is Totes Adorable

Onhohoho

I feel weird using this pic because it makes me think of MaE....


 

"So everyone was nice and stuff?"  Jonghyun questioned, as he lay sprawled out on Onew's bed, a bowl of chips balanced precariously on his chest.

 

"Yeah the team is great.  Everyone was helpful and welcoming, well, everyone but Minho," he responded with a sigh.

 

"Maybe you should try making him jealous?  Who else is on the basketball team that you could start hanging out with?  Pick somebody hot!"  Jonghyun said with a playful smile.

 

"Jjong shut up.  I'm not going to pretend to date someone else.  I don't want to and that would be unfair to them," Onew responded tiredly, rolling his eyes.

 

"Don't you watch movies hyung?  You get them to agree to it, you don't have to deceive them!  And then you two will fall madly on love and Minho will suddenly realize he wants you and you are already over him!"  Jonghyun’s voice was full of irrational excitement, the bowl teetering on his chest, threatening to dump its contents all over Onew’s comforter. 

 

"Jonghyun, sometimes I question why we are friends," Onew replied, looking at him in confusion and annoyance.

 

"Because you love me hyung!"  Jonghyun said happily, his tone bright and colorful.

 

"That is debatable," Onew muttered. 

 

"Hyung," Jonghyun whined, pretending to pout.

 

"Jjong your aegyo ," Onew responded mildly.

 

"Oh shut up.  Girls think it's adorable," Jonghyun argued, a real pout pulling at his face now.

 

"Maybe I should just stop.  I really don't think he is interested," Onew said quietly, turning serious once again.

 

Jonghyun paused, he looked uncharacteristically pensive and serious, "hyung I told you before; if he can't see what he is missing out on then he doesn't deserve you."

 

"Thanks Jjong. I just, I know I should let it go and forget about him, but I can't seem to make my heart give up on him.  Every time I see him I can't focus on anything but him."

 

"You can't help how you feel," Jonghyun responded gently.

 

"And what is worse is that I know he likes me too, but obviously not enough," Onew said sadly.  If Minho just didn’t like him back it would have been easier to deal with.  To just let it go and move on.  But instead Minho did like him and it planted that seed of hope it his heart.  He could feel the younger boy’s eyes on him during class, when they randomly passed each other in the hallway, when Minho though he wasn’t looking.  His heart jumped into his throat each time it happened but would plummet as the younger kept walking, when the younger pretended to be completely unaffected.  It hurt.  It hurt to know that he wasn’t good enough for Minho.  He wasn’t enough for the younger boy.  And he was starting to think that he never would be. 

 

"Well it's something you have to decide for yourself hyung.  I just want you to be happy," Jonghyun said softly, as he looked towards the other boy in concern.

 

Onew sighed heavily.

 

They say in comfortable silence for a moment, both deep in their thoughts before Onew's mom knocked on the door, her gentle voice calling for him as she opened it fully to reveal herself and Key standing in the hallway.

 

"Jinki darling your friend Kibum is here," she said with a soft smile, leading the younger boy into the room before slipping away quietly.

 

Key bowed politely to her, setting his bag down on the desk chair and shutting the door once she left.

 

Key was dressed simply, wearing dark green sweat pants that were rolled up his calves and a simply black tee shirt. He looked rather plain in comparison to what he normally wore but the dark colors contrasted wonderfully with his blond hair. 

 

“Hey hyung!”  Key called happily as he dung through his bag, pulling out supplies.  His satchel was apparently a bottomless pit of hair supplies that he began emptying out on Onew’s desk.

 

“Hey!”  Onew responded with a fond smile, “Key meet Jonghyun.  Jongyun, Key,” He said, introducing them quickly. 

 

“Sup,” Jonghyun responded, waving two fingers unenthusiastically to him. 

 

Key snorted, a small laugh breaking through, “He is just like you said hyung.”

 

“What has he been saying about me?” Jonghyun asked, glaring at Onew.

 

“Nothing terrible, just that you are an idiot,” Key said, laughing as Jonghyun began throwing chips at Onew in response. 

 

“I never said that!  Key, tell him I never said that!”  Onew defended himself fruitlessly.   
 

The younger boy just continued to laugh as Jonghyun jumped on Onew and began beating him with a pillow.

 

~~~

 

The strong fumes filled his nostrils as his head hung over the bathroom sink, Key and Jonghyun standing overtop him, the sound of their bickering was muted by the towel wrapped around his head.

 

“Guys how long do I have to leave this in?”  Onew muttered.

 

“Just five more minutes.  Then we can do the highlights!”  Key responded happily. 

 

Onew groaned, “Why did I let you two talk me into this?”

 

“Because you are going to look amazing.  Just wait,” Key responded simply. 

 

“It’s true hyung!  Would we ever lie to you?”  Jonghyun asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

"That was meant to be rhetorical hyung," Jonghyun responded, his annoyance clear.

 

“Would you move?  You are in my way,” Key spat at Jonghyun.

 

“I am just trying to help!  God, are you always this y?”  Jonghyun whined.

 

“Don’t call me a !  You don’t even know me,” Key shot back, venom dripping in his tone.

 

“Why would I want to?”  Jonghyun muttered.

 

“Guys can you not fight right now?  This is really starting to itch.  Please wash it out,” Onew pleaded, shifting uncomfortably.

 

“Who is fighting?”  Key questioned, confusion clear in his voice.

 

“Yeah hyung, what are you talking about?”  Jonghyun asked.

 

“Whatever, just wash it out,” Onew whined back.  How the two of them could fight like siblings after knowing each other for only an hour Onew would never understand.  But apparently they weren’t fighting.  That was simply their way of talking.  He should have known better than to introduce those two to each other.   
 

“Oh fine,” Key muttered, unraveling the towel and pushing Onew’s head back down under the faucet and began rinsing the dye our of his hair. 

 

“Jonghyun-ah hand me the comb.”

 

“Don’t tell me what to do.  And I’m older than you, how about a little respect?”

 

“Stop being an and hand me the damn comb.  It’s on your side of the sink.”

 

“Fine!  Here.  Just shut up.”

 

“That’s a brush idiot.  I said comb.  It’s the little flat one with the teeth,” Key said with an eye roll.

 

“Don’t patronize me!”

 

“Oh that’s quite a big word for you isn’t it?”

 

“Would you two just stop!”  Onew cried into the porcelain basin, accidently cracking his forehead on the sink stopper.   

 

“Hyung why do you keep yelling?”  Key questioned.

 

“What are we doing to upset you so badly anyway?  We are just talking,” Jonghyun said with confusion.

 

Onew sighed, allowing Key to manhandle him in an upright position as he roughly toweled his hair dry so he could start on the highlights.

 


More fluffies and stuff.

And you all thought it was going to be romantic!Jongkey rather than bro!Jongkey being y and adorable didn't you?  They just write themselves okay.  They wouldn't stop bickering and being y and perfect.  Jongkey = me and one of my roommates in college.  We bickered nonstop about nothing.  Drove our other roommates crazy.

 

These chapters probably seem like fillers don't they?  Maybe a little.  But I really enjoy them so whatever.  Probably one more chapter of filler-ish/Onew being emotional chapters before more plot development.

 

It's a bit rushed, sorry if it shows.  Jongtae decided to be all ual and stuff and messed up all my plans for writing yesterday.