And It All Begins...

Onhohoho

"Hey Minho, what are you doing this weekend?"  Onew asked when he reached the classroom that morning.  He flinched internally.  That was not how he intended to start that conversation.  He had spent the whole evening and most of the night mulling over what he would say to the younger, planning out every word and breath.  He had rehearsed it the entire way to school, trying to keep his voice level and give off an air of indifference while still remaining inviting.   However, the moment he actually saw Minho’s face all his planning went right out the window. 


Minho looked up in mild surprise at the sudden question.


"Because I kind of have tickets to the soccer game on Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to go, you know, with me," Onew said quickly, holding his breathe waiting for a response from the younger boy.  Maybe being painfully blunt was the best way to handle Minho.


Onew noticed how Minho's eyes sparkled at the word 'soccer' but his responded with a rather emotionless and guarded, "why would you want to take me?”

 

Because I want to do everything with you,’  he blocked that thought quickly.

 

Even Onew knew that was an inappropriate response so instead he replied simply, “I thought that would have been obvious, I want to get to know you.” 

 

Minho simply stared at him in confusion.

 

Onew’s smile slid off of his face, “Do you not like soccer?  Or do you find me that annoying that you really could bear to spend an afternoon with me?”  Onew asked quietly, insecurities clouded his voice. 

 

Minho’s eyes widened, apparently shocked that Onew would suggest such a thing.  “Of course not!”

 

Onew bit his lip, trying to hold off his emotions as he turned towards the front of the room, “just forget it.  I won’t bother you anymore.”

 

“Onew-sshi I-” Minho began before Onew cut him off.

 

“Class is about to start,” Onew stated simply. 

 

It took all his willpower to refrain from looking at the younger boy throughout the class period.  As soon as the bell rang Onew slid out of his seat and rushed through the doors without glancing back in Minho’s direction.

 

~~~

 

“Okay I did everything you said Jonghyun.  I invited him, laid the guilt-trip on him and ignored him the whole class.  I didn’t say anything stupid and I promise I didn’t even give him a chance to talk to me!”  Onew blurted out as soon as Jonghyun sat down at the lunch table. 

 

“Good, very good hyung.  Now I’ve never tried to pick up a guy before but when you ignore a girl it always makes them come running.  Don’t ask me why, some defect in their genetics or something.  So hopefully it will work on your prince charming too.”  Jonghyun said. 

 

“I sure hope so.  You should have seen the way his whole face lit up at the mentioning of soccer.  He is definitely interested.  I just wish I knew why he is so guarded.  Why won’t he talk to me?  It’s as if he doesn’t want to make any friends here,” Onew mused.

 

“I don’t know hyung, but that isn’t really something you can force someone to tell you.  I’m sure he has his reasons, and he must be pretty serious about it if he is going to turn down those tickets.”  Jonghyun replied, his voice dripping with longing at the mentioning of the coveted soccer tickets.

 

“I hope you are right,” Onew said in a distracted tone, his mind was filled with all the negative outcomes. 


What if Minho really wouldn’t come with him?

 

What would he do then?

 

What if he did come?

 

What would they talk about?

 

Would Minho talk at all?

 

“But you so owe me for those tickets.  I had to beg Songdam noona’s boyfriend to get those.  You know how much I hate that guy.”  Jonghyun grumbled, breaking Onew’s train of thought.

 

“Oh my god Jonghyun, what if he says yes?”  Onew exclaimed, his voice laced with terror.

 

“That’s that whole damn point hyung.  What do you mean ‘what if he says yes’?”  Jonghyun replied sharply.

 

“What will we talk about?  He doesn’t talk Jonghyun!  It’s like pulling teeth to get a yes or no answer out of him!  Oh my god, all alone with him for the whole afternoon?  I’ve never heard him say a full sentence before!  I can’t do this.  Oh my god I really can’t do this.  How do I un-invite him?”  Onew asked, his tone hitting full-on panic mode.

 

“Seriously hyung, shut up.  You aren’t un-inviting him.  You can talk for like seven people, I don’t know why you are freaking out right now,” Jonghyun replied tiredly.  

 

“Jonghyun you are not helping right now,” Onew said, glaring at the younger boy.

 

“Well just keep him occupied or something so he doesn’t realize how incredibly awkward you are,” Jonghyun suggested, a smug smile pulling at his lips. 

 

“Keep him occupied how?”  Onew asked desperately.

 

“I don’t know.  Talk about interesting things.  Give him food.  Something.  If all else fails you can go with my foolproof plan.  I’m not sure how well it will work out for you though,” Jonghyun said with an evil smirk.

 

“Well what is it?”

 

“Make out with him.  No need for talking when both your mouths are occupied,” Jonghyun replied.

 

Onew’s face turned a violent shade of red, “I can’t believe you just said that.  He won’t even talk to me and you are suggesting that we e in public!”  He said in an angry whisper. 

 

“e?  Really hyung?  I said you should kiss him, not go down on him in the stadium!  God how do you twist around someone’s words like that?”  Jonghyun replied, his tone slightly annoyed at Onew’s ridiculous conclusion. 

 

Onew squeaked, shooting a nervous glance around the vicinity to make sure no one overheard their discussion before smacking Jonghyun in the arm.   “Don’t say like that!  Unlike you, I actually have a reputation to uphold at this school.”

 

“Oh please hyung, your embarrassment has nothing to do with your reputation,” Jonghyun chide. 

 

Onew sent him a scathing glare in response. 

 

Jonghyun sighed, “Such a prude,” he muttered under his breath, ducking down quickly as Onew’s fist aimed for his head this time.   

 


I say this in every AN and I will say it again, JONGHYUN IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THIS WHOLE STORY.  Well, I have the feeling Taemin is going to be kind of awesome too.  But Jonghyun...

I like that Onew gets embarrassed over words like "e."  It's just so... him.

I'm having a lot of fun with this story, nobody else seems to care but whatever.  It is just bursting with cuteness and I am enjoying it.  I was getting all excited the other night wondering what was going to happen next and then remembered that i'm the author so I kind of have to figure that out all by myself... :/

 

Anyways!  I'll try to re-edit later.