Mysterious Minho AKA No Personality

Onhohoho

Onew was rather excited for school the next day.

 

The school had been in quite a stir since learning of the new transfer student.  It was a rarity in their small district and rumors had already begun to spiral out of control.  

 

By the end of the day the stories for why Minho transferred had escalated to the point of absurdity.

 

Knocking up a teacher, recently released from a juvenile detention center, and being imported for the schools abysmal athletic department were among some of the worse. 

 

All it had taken was for this beautiful stranger to stroll into the school in his perfectly cut jeans and a tee shirt to complete his registration and the school was in an absolute tizzy.

 

While the guys were still trying to assess if it would be better for their reputation to befriend him or fight him, half the females were planning out their wedding colors and talking about "how good he would look in a tux." 


Yes, Onew was excited to see what would happen now that this Asian version of a Greek god was attending his school. 

 

It only made matters worse that this new kid was beyond quiet about who he was and why he was here.  Onew was dying to know more about him but the boy remained completely tight-lipped to all, that fact only helping to spur the ridiculous rumors on.  Minho appeared to be reserved and polite but made no effort to stand out at his new school.   

 

All in all, Minho was mysterious. 

 

Onew liked mysterious. 

 

He had worried all morning about how to approach the younger boy, since they weren’t in the same grade it would be unlikely that their paths would cross naturally, however Onew was delightfully surprised to see Minho show up in his second class of the day.

 
Onew immediately slid into the seat next to him, giving Minho a blinding smile.  After all, Onew had a reputation to uphold as the friendly one at school, he might was well use it to his advantage. 


"Hi! I'm Jinki but you can call me Onew. Your name is Minho right?"

 

Minho gave him a polite smile and nodded. 

 

"Well nice to meet you Minho.  How do you like the school so far?  Is everyone being nice?  You tell me if they aren't okay?  I'll go teach them a thing or two."  Onew said, internally cursing himself for rambling.  The new boy just made him so nervous.


Minho actually chuckled at this.  Nothing about Onew was intimidating.

 

"Everything is just fine, thank you."  Minho replied in his deep, reverberating voice.

 

Onew smiled widely again.  He had managed to not only make Minho speak, but laugh as well.  Maybe this whole seduction thing wouldn't be so difficult.

 

"Well class is about to start so we will have to talk later but find me at lunch okay?  Some of the girls are already circling you like vultures, you do not want to go into the cafeteria without a game plan and a reasonable exit strategy."  Onew told him in a serious tone but his eyes never lost their playful sparkle.


Minho chuckled softly again and simply nodded. 

 

Onew smiled to himself, he liked being able to draw that sound out of the younger boy.  Onew pretended to turn his attention back to the front of the class as their teacher began to lecture but he spent the next hour stealing glances at the perfection seated next to him. 


~~~~

 

Onew’s shoulders slumped as he entered the cafeteria to find that Minho did not have the same lunch schedule as him. 


"What's wrong hyung?"  Jonghyun asked as they slid into their usual booth. 


"Oh nothing Jong.  I was just hoping to see someone."  Onew muttered. 


Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at him.  Onew had never shown much interest in anyone at their school before, so this behavior was abnormal to say the least.

 

Onew didn't care.  He had really hoped to see Minho outside of their class.  Since they were in different grades it was unlikely he would see him for the rest of the day.  Onew had never been particularly fond of his health class but now since it was his only chance to see Minho it had immediately become his favorite hour of the day. 


"Huung this wouldn't have to do with the new guy would it?"  Jonghyun asked with a sly smile.


"What? No! Of course not! Why would you think that?"  Onew sputtered stupidly.


Jonghyun rolled his eyes, "Wow.  Subtle hyung."

 

"I- what?" 

 

"Whatever. Well Since you insist that this is definitely not about the new guy than said new guy is most definitely not staring at you right now."  Jonghyun said casually.


"What?!" Onew exclaimed, whipping his head around to scan the crowd of students behind him. 

 

"My god hyung. You are so bad at this; it isn't even fun for me anymore."  Jonghyun replied, sighing exasperatedly. 

 

"You are such an . Why do I talk to you?"  Onew grumbled.


"Oh whatever. Quit looking like I strangled your puppy. You go to the same school, you will get your chance to talk to him."   Jonghyun said, trying to appease his unhappy hyung.


"He is in one of my classes and I even talked to him this morning," Onew stated proudly. 

 

"Good job hyung!"  Jonghyun mockingly praised him as if he were a child. 


"Oh shut up.  He is absolutely gorgeous, I can't help it." 


"Whatever you say hyung.  I can tell you the school will be in an absolute uproar when they find out you're gay though.  You can kiss that reputation of yours goodbye," Jonghyun responded rather seriously.


Onew’s face fell slightly.  "I know. That's why I don't advertise it.  But if I found someone I really liked I might be willing to make that sacrifice."


"Someone like Minho perhaps," Jonghyun said jokingly. 


"Yeah," Onew replied dreamily. 

 

"Oh god you are pathetic.  You just learned his name yesterday," Jonghyun said, annoyed with Onew’s star-struck attitude.


"You wouldn't understand Jong," Onew said with a sigh.


"Well I don't believe in this "love at first sight" nonsense, so no, I really wouldn't understand,” the younger remarked.


Onew laughed, "I didn't think you believed in love period.  I thought were only believed in casual in the janitors closet with random, probably disease ridden, s." 


"Oh my god that was only like four times hyung!"  Jonghyun replied in a chastised tone. 


"You mean four times last semester?" Onew chide. 


"I hate you.  And I totally got tested after that last one and I am fine okay.  Fine!" Jonghyun exclaimed loudly, causing some awkward looks for the surrounded tables. 


Onew just chuckled.

 


I want it to be known that Jonghyun is my absolute favorite character in this story.  FAVORITE. 

Bff Jongyu is the best. 

Sorry this story is coming out rather slow.  I am trying to work a few chapters ahead of what I am posting.  So I'm almost done with chapter 3 and working on ideas for 4.  However I have like a 10 page paper due this week and I haven't started it yet so... yeah.  I'm a bit busy. 

But hope you all enjoy the chapter.  :D

Now i'm going to sit here and watch Blues Clues with my baby niece (I tried to talk her into Hello Baby but she wasn't having it) while working on my tumblr.