The Ferris Wheel

The Point is, I love you

 

He swung an arm around me as we walked. We were walking around the streets of Hongdae as we stopped at some shops, tasting their specialties and desserts. We both laughed at some jokes that he told me. His attitude didn’t seem like he just saw his parents fight again. Or was he just used to it already?

“So where’s Krystal?” I asked.

“She’s busy. Being a daughter of elites, it must be hard for her.” He replied.

I know Krystal’s rich and all but can’t she at least give some of her time to him? It’s not like I want them together but I am NOT against my best friend’s happiness! Shoot. If she could have been here for him, it could have been a lot easier to let him go.

We finished eating at a shop and headed out to roam again. He was still hyper and wouldn’t stop on telling me jokes.  Around six, my phone vibrated from my mum’s call asking me to go home since Myungsoo’s mum was there looking for him. I told it to Myungsoo making him roll his eyes. All of a sudden, he grabbed my wrist and started dragging me towards a Ferris wheel. We lined up and he let go of me.

“Hey! We’re supposed to be going home already. You know that your mum would worry if we won’t get home soon.” I told him as he was looking around, trying to ignore me.

“Hey!” I nudged him.

“Okay. So we’ll go home after this. Please? We’ll just enjoy thi-“ he was cut off when he turned to my direction.

All of a sudden, he looked dazed.

“Myungsoo?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. He still didn’t respond so I just followed his gaze.  There was Krystal. She was with Victoria and Amber. *Wow. She sure looks busy.* I sarcastically thought. Before I could snap out of it, I heard the operator of the ride shout.

“Sir! Sir! Please don’t jump over the fenc—“ He was cut off and before I knew it, I saw Myungsoo jump out of the fence and run over to Krystal.

“Myung-“ I trailed off. I was about to follow him as well but it was already our  MY turn to ride on plus the guard was also over the fence now, guarding if ever someone else would jump off as well.

*SHOOT THIS! YOU WE’RE SAYING?!?!?! WE’LL JUST ENJOY THIS?! WE?! WHERE’S WE NOW HUH?!* I screamed in my mind, remembering what he just said a while ago.

------------------

“Miss, Miss!” The attendant called my attention.

“Oh.” I paused then turned to him, “Yes?”

“Please get on now.” He said and well, I decided to take it since I was so pissed off I could cry and I really needed some emo time. I was about to close the little gate on it when the attendant stopped me.

“Eh?” I asked.

“Sorry Ma’am but if you’ll ride that alone, It’d be dangerous ‘coz the ride won’t be balanced. He explained and immediately screamed, “Uh.. Is there anyone else in the line available to accompany this lady???”  He took a good look at the line and so did I, hoping that there’d be no one.

*Psh.* I thought and smirked knowing that there’s none when suddenly, the attendant who went to see if there was anybody available came back with a guy around my age as well, along with a little girl.

“There. Ma’am would you be okay if they’ll come aboard with you?” he asked.

“Uh... I thought that there should only be two people onboard?” I asked.

“Well, the kid doesn’t really count and I’m pretty sure that you aren’t that heavy. I’m also quite sure that it’d be well balanced with her.”

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. The next thing I knew, the kid hoped on and so did the guy. The ride started moving and we we’re silent. Talk about awkward. I could even see the kid look as if she’s dissecting me from the corner of my eye.  I bit my lip when she suddenly spoke.

“Unnie... Can I sit beside you?” she asked.

“Uh...” I stuttered.

 *Shoot this! I’m not good with kids! What the hell should I do?* “Sure...” I replied.

*asdfghjkl. That sounded more like a question! Oh please don’t cry!* I screamed in my thoughts and snapped out of it when I felt her snuck beside me. Without hesitation but with a lot of nervousness, I slung an arm around her. She looked at me and then started moving again. *What are you doing?* She sat on my lap as she continued to her ice cream. I looked at her and we met eyes, she giggled and accidentally placed ice cream on the tip of my nose. I smiled back at her as I got my handkerchief to wipe it. Just as when I was going to, I felt someone touch my hand.

“Oh no please! You might get it dirty. Sorry! Here. Use mine.” The guy that I almost forgot was there handed me his handkerchief.

We met eyes and I felt a bit embarrassed for no reason why. I was lost for words when I suddenly felt cold. Some of the little girl’s ice cream dropped on my arm that was around her. I was going to wipe it when he stopped me again.

“Oh please. I insist.” He said and wiped the ice cream off my arm. I’m seriously feeling embarrassedly awkward now. *Am I an alien or am I really anti social that I can’t talk to strangers?!?! Asdfghjkl.* He held his hanky in front of me and I didn’t know why.

“Uh.. Are you asking me to clean your handkerchief for you?” I asked after he wiped the ice cream off my arm and he laughed. “What?”

“Look. I’m not that bad to ask a lady to clean my handkerchief for me. I was thinking that you may want to get that cream of the tip of your nose.” He replied.

*shoot!* I remembered.

“Or were you expecting me to do it for you?” he trailed off.

My eyes widened when he leaned in and wiped the cream of my nose.

*AWKWARD.AWKWARD.AWKWARD!!! *

I heard him laugh and I snapped out of it. “Give me that!” I snatched his handkerchief and continued to wipe my nose, making sure it’s gone.

“Hey...” he said making me look at him. “I told you I’d wipe it off and it was gone that very moment I did. Still, you continued to rub your nose with my hanky. Do you love it that much already?” he teased.

*UGH! THE NERVE OF THIS GUY!* I threw him the handkerchief back and fortunately for me, the ride just ended.

“Thank you very much! And for your information, I didn’t even think that you were a good guy!” I yelled and stormed off.

*DAMN! SERIOUSLY?! UGH! THAT GUY EVEN MADE MY DAY WORSE!* I screamed in my thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you again<3 Please continue to support my stories<3