The Hanky Guy

The Point is, I love you

 

Guy’s POV

“Thank you very much! And for your information, I didn’t even think that you were a good guy!” The lady yelled at me as she stormed off the ride.

My jaws just dropped open when she did that. Like seriously? I already cleaned her arm and nose! And this is what I get?! The nerve of that girl!

“Oppa! Was she mad at me?!” Min Kyu tugged my jacket.

“Oh! No No No! I think that lady’s just PMS-ing or something.” I replied. “Are you tired now?” I asked her as we got off the ride.

“Nu-uh.” She answered and accidentally placed some cream on my cheek. “Haha. You cute little girl! You keep on putting your ice cream on people!” I told her and roamed my hands to search for my handkerchief. I got it from my pockets and wiped the cream off my cheeks when I suddenly smelled some sweet smell. I glanced at the handkerchief. It was white with lines of different shades of red. My eyes widened as I thought, *is this hers?!*

BACT TO YOUR POV                                                         

I continued to walk randomly. Away from that place where Myungsoo left me for Krystal and from where I met that conceited evil THING!

I soon found myself tearing up as I remembered how Myungsoo ignored everything else around him including me for her. Of course I didn’t cry! But I was teary-eyed. I quickly searched for my hanky since I’m nearing home already.

*Ah there.* I took it from my bag and wiped my tears when suddenly, Instead of a soft fabric, CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM spread near my eyes! What the hell?! I immediately took a look at it. It was a light shade of blue with some lighter lines as well that formed a pattern. *is this his?!?! AISHT!*

A little while later, I’ve also realized that the hanky I lost wasn’t just any hanky of mine! It was the handkerchief that my dad has given me before I left for Seoul! *Oh hell noooooooooooooooo!*

--------

I just decided to sleep all my frustrations away that day and now, Its Tuesday. A week had passed and much to my dislike, Myungsoo again, DIDN’T EVEN APOLOGISED NICELY NOR DID HE CAME TO TALK OR MAYBE AT LEAST MAKE SOME EFFORT TO SAY SORRY! I DIDN’T EVEN THINK THAT HE FELT GUILTY! What he did? All he did was wave hi to me the very next day and TEXT me, ‘sorry for leaving you at Hongdae’ with a very frustrating happy face! What the hell?! Great! Just great!  So much for ‘Just like yesterdays, Best friends forever’!

Anyways, although I’m really mad about it, I don’t show it at all. There’s a lot more things to worry anyway aside from Myungsoo. I’ve been preparing for this retest of ours in math wherein all of us failed. Well, I sure hope, I’ll get this. Krystal’s my seat mate and I think I’m smarter than her. ACADEMICALLY that is. She’s a pro at everything else after academics, everything else wherein I at.

The test soon ended and dismissal came. My precious handkerchief that got lost struck my mind again.

*That guy really! Ugh! I hate him!*

Instead of taking the bus home, I took a bus heading to Hongdae hoping that I’d find him there to retrieve my hanky. I was about to ride it when Krystal called me.

“Seomi! Seomi!” she screamed.

I turned my head around and looked at her. *Where’s Myungsoo?* I thought since Krystal was alone.

“Hey Seomi! Would you like to come with us? We’ll be buying gifts for Sungyeol!” she said. Okay. So Krystal’s actually friendly. It’s just that I love like Myungsoo. Though I do, I still won’t do anything to stop them from being happy. I have a sad life you know? Not just sad; COMPLICATED.

“Gifts? Oh yeah! It’s his birthday!” I replied, pointing my index finger upward.

“Yes. So will you go out with me?” she asked.

“Uh... Only the two of us?” I asked, feeling awkward.

“Actually, Amber and Victoria unnie’s at the mall already. I’m just going to catch up with them when I spotted you.  I thought maybe you wanted to... I mean, you are Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s best friend right?” she said, rubbing the back of her head.

“Yes... I was actually going to somewhere but since I missed the bus...” I trailed off.

“Sorry...” she said in between my words.

“So yeah... No choice. I’ll just go with you guys.”  I smiled, knowing that I’ll be awkward with them later on...