The Late Christmas Eve

For You It's Separation, For Me It's Waiting

 

“Woaahh,” just that, the word that came from Minah after seeing all the thing prepared by Donghae. Simply we can say that it was a romantic candle light dinner. There were two plates on the table; two glasses of juice –wait, JUICE??- Oh well, Donghae couldn’t drink an alcohol, LOL; and there were many side dishes on the table, and all the food were Minah’s favorite.

Donghae pull a chair, and asked Minah to sit. Minah blankly followed what Donghae asked. She flustered. She couldn’t say anything right now.

Donghae sat across to her, he looked at Minah, and he felt satisfied.

“Do you happy?” he asked happily. But Minah managed herself to keep quiet.

“The foods were made by Ryeowook, and I managed all the things here. This is Siwon’s pavilion. I borrowed it for one night. I know that you have so many questions and complaints right now. But please, this night only. Just pretend to be my summer again. I just wanna spend my Christmas with the one I love,” he begged.

“Ya, you know it’s wrong,” Minah said. “Your management forbidden me to ‘touch’ their artist anymore. Why do you always bugging me like this,” Although she was touched by Donghae’s surprise, she managed herself to keep her promise to SMEnt.

“Who cares? I just wanna show you that this time I’m serious. I will never make a mistake anymore, even a single mistake.” Donghae stared at Minah, he ruffled her hair affectionately.

Suddenly, Yesung, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, and Sungmin popped from nowhere, they sang ‘Neurago’ in acapella version. Donghae moved from his seat, he kneeled down, and gripped Minah’s hand, the other hand of him was holding a small box. They boys behind kept singing, beautifully.

Donghae opened the box, and it was a ring inside. “Let’s us engaged. I got my mom’s permission.” He said happily.

“Donghae, I can’t,” she said firmly. “Look, I just lost my family. I can’t think right now, and I have signed the agreement between your management, I can’t betray that. What if they find about this? What if your fans know about it? I gained lots of antis because of this misunderstanding. I don’t wanna be a burden for everyone,” she continued.

“Is it because of him?”

“Who do you mean by ’him’?”

“Shim Changmin,”

Minah laughed sarcastically, “Okay. I’m appreciated the entire thing that you’ve been prepared. I can’t accept this, and it doesn’t have any relation to HIM. I’ve forgiven you, Hae. You agreed that we will be a friend. I don’t know where the part of f-r-i-e-n-d that you don’t understand,”

Donghae sighed and signed the boys to go back to their place.

“Hae, I’m sorry. You have to understand. We’ve been a couple, and now it’s over. I can’t start over anything with you anymore. The pain is just too deep, and it will always be a scar. If you really love me, you have to let me go,” Minah started to cry. Donghae held back his tears. He hugged Minah tightly.

“Don’t ask me to let you go,” he said in husky tone. “Don’t ask me to forget you,” ~~~~~~~~~

----Siwon’s POV----

This morning Hae came to me and asked whether he could borrow my pavilion or not. I asked him that he could use my pavilion since I didn’t need it, and I gave him the key. I noticedthat he looked very happy. I saw Ryeowook and Yesung hyung busy in the kitchen. I wondered what they did, and they answered me in unison that it was a secret.

I’m on my way to the gym when I saw Hyukjae taught Hae how to park the car. Well, it was a rare moment. We know that Donghae is a bad driver. I stopped by and asked them, and their answered was the same with Ryeowook and Yesung hyung.

When I came back to the dorm, Leeteuk hyung dragged me to his room. He said that Donghae was going to propose Minah. My heart fell down. Now I understood that everything happened this morning was Donghae’s plan. Leeteuk hyung tried to reassure me. He said that I’ll get a better girl than Minah. He said that I had to let her go and gave Donghae a chance. I know, if I get angry I’ll be a selfish man, so I just accept that.

So, here I’m now, waiting on the up stair until the ‘party’ done. I heard hyungs and Ryeowook sang Neurago. Well, I think Donghae is trying his best to catch Minah again. I’m happy for Donghae, but my heart hurts. So today I decided that I’m officially given up on her. I want to see Donghae and Minah happy. I just want to see a girl that I love is all the way happy, even it’s not with me. ~~~~~~~~

---------------------------------------------

Changmin still waiting outside the pavilion, he sat patiently and he never let his guard down. He saw Minah out from the pavilion with heavy tears. Donghae tried to catch her but she refused and kept running. Changmin started the car, he followed Minah quietly.

He saw Minah sat on the bench at the park. He wore his disguise and he walked to Minah. He handed a hanky. “Don’t cry. It will make your beauty fade away,” he said.

Minah lifted her face, “Oppa, I thought that you already left. Why are you here?” she asked in husky tone.

Changmin pointed his head, “I have radar. I’ll know when you feel upset or when you cry, because I can feel it too,” he said. He wiped the tears from Minah using his thumbs. “Uljima,” he whispered.

“Oppa, what should I do now? First, they made a gossip about me and Siwon oppa. But then, Siwon oppaconfessed to me that he like me. And days ago, I lost my family when I’m not around, they were all burnt, I couldn’t save them. Donghae come to me again and again, it makes me think that now he really wants me to comeback. I know I owe him because I called him that day, and he brought me to Mokpo. But I just can’t… Ah oppa, what should I do? I’m tired being like this. Being like a , being gossiped by many people. I don’t think I can bear it anymore,” Minah said behind her tears.

Changmin hugged Minah, he patted Minah’s hair gently, “Minah, you know that it is usual when people come and go in your life. They enter your life because they have a purpose, that is, they want matured you, with all good or bad things they bring. I lost Jaejoong hyung, Yoochun hyung, and Junsu hyung in the past. You know how much it hurt me, but seeing Yunho hyung in tensed alone I realized that I have to wake up. I did everything to make our comeback. It’s an amazing moment when I saw red ocean in front of us, by that I realized that, still, there are many people waiting for the time when I come back. It’s just the same with you. Your family left you alone. You think that in this world you’ll struggle alone for the rest of your life. Minah, you have to open your eyes, your mind, heart, and even your ears. There are so many people waiting for you to come back. I know that being an idol is hard. So now, just forget about Siwon hyung. If you don’t love him, tell him the truth. And if you still love Donghae hyung, just tell him how you feel. Sometimes being honest is everything. You won’t know the result after trying, right?” Changmin said everything in his mind. It’s hard for him, encouraging Minah to confess her feeling to other man, but he had to do it since he concluded that Minah was still loving Donghae.

Minah just looked at him. She thought that the way Changmin gave her advices was the same with how her father did.

“Oppa –“

“Minah, look at me. Let us scream together,” Changmin cheered.

Minah pouted, “I don’t think it is a good idea. How if they hear us? They’ll surely recognize us,”
“Oh oh, let’s go. Let’s go, I have an idea,” Changmin dragged Minah to the car. He buckled Minah’s seatbelt.

“Oppa, where will we go?” Minah asked curiously.

“Shhh, You’ll know when we arrive,” Changmin said.

He drove the car carefully. Sometimes he glanced at Minah without her noticing.

“Oppa, gomawo,” Minah said, she smiled to Changmin.

He nodded, “You don’t have to say thanks,” he said.

They arrived at the hill. The hill was full of snow. Minah went off from the car, she tightened her coat, and Changmin followed him from behind. There was no one there.

“Woaahh, oppaaaa. It’s beautiful!” Minah screamed cheerfully.

Changmin just gave her a smile.

They walked to the bench there, and they sat.

Changmin took a deep breath, and then he screamed, “HAAAANNN MINAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! YOU PABOOOOOOO!!! HOW CAN I FALL FOR YOU AND YOU IGNORE MY FEELIIIIINGGGSSSSSS!!!!” he said powerfully.

MInah flustered with what Changmin said, and then she pretended to laugh. She punched Changmin’s arm playfully, “Ha, oppa. You’re so funny!” she said.

“What is the point of the funny thing? Do you think that I just playing with that sentences? See, you are pabo, stupid, insensitive. I love you Han Minah, when will you say yes and believe that I’m in love with you to death,” he said.

Minah grabbed Changmin’s cheeks. She faced him, “Look at me, oppa. What do you expect from a woman like me? You’re Choikang Changmin, the greatest member of TVXQ, and yes… I’m just an ordinary woman, a leader of not-so-popular girl band who failed in order to do my jobs as a leader. You deserve to get a better woman. So, forget about me. I’ve promised to your agency that I’ll never keep in touch with their artist anymore. I hope this is the last time we engaged a conversation like this,” Minah said firmly.

Changmin closed his eyes for a while, and then he bravely embraced Minah, and laid a kiss on her lips. He kissed Minah tenderly. At first, Minah tried to release herself from the kiss, but then she kissed him back. She finally understood that she already fell for Changmin, too.

--------------------------------------------