Argument and Bet

Forever friends?

“Wahhhh!” Zelo squealed upon seeing the food and his lips hungrily. Hyeri’s face also brighten at the sight of food and ignored Daehyun’s pleading for forgiveness. “I will eat well!” Everyone said together and started digging in. No conversations were going on and only the sound of everyone slurping on their noodles could be heard.

I looked up and smiled at the sight of the 6 boys hungrily eating their food. Well, except for Daehyun who was still sulking and playing with the food, stealing glances at Hyeri once in a while, probably because of the failure to get forgiven. Youngjae was also looking at Daehyun, we exchanged glances and he nodded to say that I should take action.

Hyeri was just happily eating her noodles, oblivious to Daehyun’s sadness. I kicked Hyeri’s feet from under the table. She jumped and looked at me with wide eyes. I jerked my head towards Daehyun, gesturing for her to forgive him.

She rolled her eyes and continued eating. I gritted my teeth and kicked her again, this time even harder. Her head shot up and stared at me as I stared back even harder. This staring contest went on until she finally gave in. She scooped some soup, blew to cool it and tried to feed Daehyun. Daehyun’s face lit up immediately from seeing Hyeri’s sweet action and quickly drank the soup happily.  

She smiled at him and pushed his hands to his bowl of noodles, asking him to eat. He nodded happily and started eating. Hyeri faced me again and stared, as if saying ‘Happy?’, before continuing to eat. I giggled and continued to eat too.

Suddenly, from under the table, I felt someone’s leg kick mine. I jerked up in surprise and look around. Himchan was looking at me with an amused expression. I scoffed and continued eating and ignoring his consequent kicks. I could feel my tummy do flip-flops and mentally jump for joy at the small physical contact.

 After finishing our supper, we thanked the lady for the food and started our way back to TS Entertainment as they still had practice. On the way back, we passed by several road side stores and started to shop a little. Daehyun and Hyemi disappeared from the group having their own mini date while the rest of us were just walking around.

Something caught Himchan’s attention and he tugged on my hand to follow him. He started to look at some hair accessories and asked me to try some on. “Try this one…. Hmm… What about this?” I was practically having a mini hair fashion parade before I spotted this particular purple hair band.

I stared at it and touched the delicate and detailed beading. “Try it on!” Himchan said and put it on for me.

“You look beautiful..” Himchan softly said.

“Thanks…” I shyly replied, blushing immediately. “We’ll get this” Himchan paid and dragged me away back to the group. I turned into an even darker shade of red when he touched my hand.

Does he have any idea how he can make me crazy by such simple actions? I sighed inwardly for the umpteenth time.

“Wahhh! Noona, you look so pretty with that hairband!” Zelo complimented. “So I wasn’t pretty without this hairband?!” I feigned hurt. “Noona! You know I didn’t mean it that way!” Zelo pouted. “Just joking~” I said while ruffling his hair.

“Should we go? The earlier we start, the earlier we can end.” Yongguk suggested. Everyone shrugged or nodded to show that they didn’t mind. “Youngjae, go find Daehyun and tell him that we’re leaving.”

Youngjae opened his mouth to complain but ended up sighing and walking away to find the couple. They soon returned and we walked back to the practice room together.

When we reached the practice room, B.A.P started doing their stretching while playing around.

“Noooooo! Hyung! Im sorry!” Zelo’s screams and pleads could be heard through the entire building as Himchan tried getting his revenge on his dongsaeng. When Himchan was stretching and not looking, Zelo secretly tied Himchan’s shoelaces together and ran away.

Himchan ended up falling over and Zelo was immediately accused as the culprit for being the first to laugh, and for laughing the loudest. “Noonaaaa! Savee meeeee!” Zelo begged as he hid behind me.

“Get away from her and face me like a man!” Himchan angrily scolded Zelo and stomped towards me. “Don’t bully my Junhong! Or I won’t be nice on you!” I threatened Himchan and spread my arms to protect Zelo.

“What!? Kori-ah, please look at who is wrong!” Himchan said in disbelief. “He is younger than you! As his hyung, you should let him!” I then started lecturing him about being the older one and how he should be nicer.

Everyone else watched the both of us quarrel in amusement. “One week of my laptop that Himchan will win.” Youngjae said, starting the bet. “My iPad for one week that Kori will win!” Hyeri added on to join the bet.

“My earphones for one week that it won’t end! Someone will have to step in to stop them sooner or later!” Daehyun also joined in.

“Any more bets?” Youngjae asked looking around the rest. “I’m betting that Himchan will win! If he doesn’t you are entitled to not use formalities with me and can order me around~” Yongguk laughed.

“Deal!” Those who had betted shouted and shook hands before continuing to watch the ‘show’.

The argument went on for another 5 minutes and everyone was already getting bored.

“I am the girl! You are the boy! So, I WIN.” I angrily ended the argument.

“YES!” Hyeri bounced up and did a victory dance! “LAPTOP!” She shouted as she pointed at Youngjae. “EARPHONES!” She shouted and pointed at Daehyun. “And lastly, YONGGUKIEE!” She giggled happily and continued to jump up and down.

The 3 guy sighed loudly and grumbled. Me and Himchan exchanged glances to show that we had no idea going on, soon we just joined the rest in their laughter and watched Hyeri do her victory dance.

Time flew by just like that and soon it was already midnight. Hyeri was yawning and sighing, clearly showing that she was tired. The boys were also exhausted after their tiring practice and decided to stop for the day. We walked out of the building together and stopped outside to say goodbye.

“Do you want us to send you home?” Jongup kindly suggested.

“NO!” I immediately rejected, receiving weird looks from all the boys and a worried look from Hyeri. “We can go home ourselves, you guys are already tired enough. Go home and rest alright?” I barely saved me and Hyeri’s lives.

“Oh okay then” Jongup just smiled like his usual self.

Daehyun and Hyeri were sadly gazing each other before having their own couple moment while I gave everyone a hug to bid goodbye.

The last person I hugged was Himchan, hugging him tighter than the rest as I knew that I was going to miss him even if it was only for a few days. “Bye oppa.. see you soon..” I whispered. He sadly smiled and nodded as we broke away. I could already feel a sense of longing for another hug.

“Bye oppas! See you soon!” Hyeri waved before linking arms with me. “Bye!” Everyone said their goodbyes and we sadly made our way back home.