Heartbreak after Heartbreak

Forever friends?

Who is the hell is this girl? I could feel jealousy and anger rising in me. Who is she to come here and interrupt us?

“Wow, I didn’t expect to meet you here!” Himchan said as they approached each other for a hug. I could feel my heart tear a little inside.

“Same here! But… uhm..  this is?” The girl asked while gesturing to me. “Oh yes, this is Kori. Kori meet Soyeon.” Himchan introduced us to each other.

“Ahh Ne. Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Soyeon, nice to meet you Kori-ssi!” She brightly greeted me. “Ah yes, nice to meet you too Soyeon-ssi.” I awkwardly bowed back.

“C’mon take a seat!” Himchan offered her and she gladly sat down.

“Ah, thank you. How are you?” Soyeon asked. “It’s been tough, but I made it through. How about you?” He smiled.

They started catching up as if I wasn’t there. I felt disappointment when I looked at him. He looked… a lot happier when talking to her. Am I boring to him? Do I not make him happy? Who is she to him? And is she in love with him too? Many different thoughts flooded my head and I couldn’t help but feel heartbroken.

How could Himchan forget about me? He knows that I hate to be interrupted and I hate to be left out in a conversation.

I started to feel more annoyed and sad when their conversation became deeper. Did they really not notice me here?

Just then, my phone vibrated.

‘From: KwonHyeRi! <3

KORI! Are you okay? I’m sorry about worrying you just now! I’m fine already. And… the atmosphere back here at the dorm is really bad! Can you please come back and stay with me? Daehyun oppa seems to be really angry with Jongup oppa. Please come back ASAP! L’

Oh gosh, another problem to be solved, one after another.

“Himchan-ah, I’ll be leaving first, Hyeri wants me to go back….” I stood up from my seat interrupting their conversation.

“Oh.. Can you wait a little while? I’ll go back with you.” Himchan said as he held my arm.

I lightly pushed his arm away and shook my head. “It’s okay, it seemed urgent so I’ll be leaving first. Bye Soyeon-ssi.”I bowed and quickly scurried out of the café.

“Hey wait, Kori ah, KORI” I could hear Himchan call for me but I ignored him.

Holding back my tears, I quickly hired a taxi, taking the time to back my tears and cool myself down while heading back to the dorm.

I slowly opened the door of the dorm, immediately feeling the tense atmosphere. The dorm was silent except for the sound of the television. I quietly took off my shoes and walked in to see Hyeri and Daehyun watching the television. They sat far apart on the couch. Daehyun had a very troubled look on his face while Hyeri’s expression was unreadable.

I sighed knowing that they had quarrelled. Careful to not make any sounds, I tip toed into the room where al l the other boys were at. Everyone gave a slight smile to acknowledge my presence before continuing their discussion.

I looked at Yongguk and gave him the ‘What happened?’ look. He stood up immediately, grabbed my arm and brought me into the kitchen.

Yongguk gave a loud sigh before explaining. “Daehyun was really angry with Jongup so Hyeri stepped in to stop the fight. But Daehyun didn’t want to forgive Jongup therefore causing the couple to start quarrelling. The rest of us took the chance to escape into the room. Zelo and Jongup are still feeling guilty over what happened and the mall while here I am, trying hard to solve everything.  Oh gosh, Kori, tell me, what should I do?” Yongguk slouched down onto a chair and sighed loudly again.

Who knew just shopping at the mall could have caused so many problems. “Why not let’s just call the both of them here and let them talk it out?” I suggested.

“That seems like the best solution so far… So let’s try then.” Yongguk shrugged and went out to the living room to get Hyeri and Daehyun.

After an hour long of talking and persuading, we finally managed to get them to talk again.

“So now go! And have your own patch up time okay?” I said to end everything while pushing Hyeri and Daehyun out of kitchen before sitting back down again.

Yongguk looked at me with a raised eyebrow before asking, “What happened with Himchan?”

“Nothing…” I muttered unhappily. He stood up and sat down on the chair beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. “Come on, I can tell that something happened from your face. Tell Yongguk oppa okay?” Was all he needed to say before I started to spill everything out to him.

Yongguk nodded and listened attentively to everything I had to say. “So that’s everything that happened. What should I do oppa?” I sighed, covering my face with my hands.

“Well,             I’m sure he didn’t mean to forget about you? Maybe he was too excited that it just slipped of his mind. Humans make mistakes right?” Yongguk comforted me while patting my back.

“I know oppa, but, it hurts to know. For the fact that he forgot about me while talking to another girl…”

“Don’t think too much okay? It might be just a childhood friend. So let’s go talk to Zelo and Jongup to forget everything alright?” Yongguk ruffled my hair and brought be back to the room.

Zelo and Jongup saw me at the door and panic was shown on their faces. They quickly stood up and started apologising for what happened earlier.

“Its okay. Noona is sorry for snapping at you just now too. I forgive you but am I forgiven?” I asked.

“Of course Noona! We’re so sorry!” Zelo apologised. “We won’t do it again! I’ll stand up for Hyeri next time!” Jongup promised as we all gave each other a hug.

“Let’s celebrate this wonderful reunion with a game of… POKER!” Yongguk said as his took about a deck of poker cards from behind his back.

Everyone sat down and started playing happily, totally forgetting whatever that happened before. Hyeri and Daehyun soon came in and joined us in the game, they were the same as always once again, lovey dovey and sweet.

The atmosphere was back to normal, everyone happy and having fun together.

Suddenly, everyone stopped as the front door opened revealing Himchan looking excited.

“Everyone c’mon out! I have someone to introduce to you!” He shouted from the door and everyone went out to see.

My jaw dropped open and I felt my heart fall as I saw Soyeon standing behind him, his and her hands linked.

 

 

 

 

--

Hello! :). Sorry for not updating yesterday as I had to study for a test. ^^. So, i tried to do a longer update today! Thank you for all the comments! We really appreciate them! ^^. Thanks for subscribing and hope you like the story!