Panic

Forever friends?

“Kori?! What happened?!” Minhyuk asked worriedly when I dropped the phone. I couldn’t hear him clearly as millions of possible scenes flash through my mind. I was woken up from my daze by Minhyuk’s worried voice. I shook my head to get rid of the horrible thoughts as I started to explain to him the phone call.

“So what should we do?” He wearily questioned. I honestly didn’t know. Then someone’s name appeared in my mind, Hyeri. I scrambled to pick my phone off the car seat. Hyeri’s number was on my speed dial as “3”, right after my parents.

“Hello?” Hyeri’s voice could be faintly heard due to the loud music playing. She must still be at the dance. “Hyeri!” I felt more relieved upon hearing my best friend’s voice. “Is something wrong? Wait hold on, let me move to somewhere quieter.” Her voice louder now.

I could hear voices through the background as she was moving. Yongguk’s husky voice could be heard, followed by Daehyun’s, Youngjae’, Jongup’s and Zelo’s. Wait what? They’re together? “Follow me!” I could hear her tell them.

I impatiently tapped my fingers on the car seat, Minhyuk just worriedly watching me. “Hello? What happened? I’m on speaker phone. All the boys except Himchan is here.” She spoke, with the music much softer.

“Himchan is drunk. And Soyeon brought him to her house.” I said so quickly that I sounded like I’m rapping. “Himchan?! Drunk?! Why!?” Daehyun’s voice boomed through the speaker.

“I don’t know! But we have to get him back! We don’t know Soyeon well enough!” My voice getting shaky.

“Okay, relax alright? Come back to the dance, we’ll talk more from there.” Yongguk spoke in a firm tone to calm me down.

“Coming. Meet me at the carpark.” I said before hanging up.

“Back to the dance?” Minhyuk asked while staring up the car engine. “Yes please. Thanks so much Minhyuk! I owe you lunch!” I thanked him.

“No problem! Just call me when you are ready to pay,” He shrugged before giving me his signature eye smile.

The car ride was silent, except for me constantly checking the time with my phone. Himchan has always been known for being totally crazy when he is drunk. He does whatever he wants without thinking. B.A.P always controls his drinking so that he won’t get too drunk. Now he is in the hands of some girl that I have just met 3 days ago.  A girl who loves him. My rival in love. However, is she counted as a rival if I’m sure to lose? Love is such a horrible game.

I was deep in thought when we arrived. I thanked Minhyuk, gave him a hug before stepping out of the car.

“Kori!” Hyeri exclaimed as I stepped out before pulling me into a tight hug. The rest of the boys ran over too and gave me pats on the back.

“So what should we do?” I asked as I broke away from the hug.

“Let’s just go get him back. We’re his band members anyway.” Youngjae stated factually.

Everyone nodded in agreement and Yongguk took lead. “Let’s go then. My car is over there.” He said and lead everyone over. No one was joking and everyone had a serious and worried expression on their faces.

Since we didn’t know where Soyeon lived, we drove rounds around Himchan’s neighbourhood until we spotted Soyeon’s car outside one of the landed properties.

“Woah, seems like she’s a rich kid.” Youngjae commented upon seeing her house.

“Let’s go.” Yongguk commanded and everyone got out of the car. We ran up to her doorstep, even though my feet was hurting from my heels, and pressed the doorbell. There were a lot of noises behind the door before it was opened slighty, revealing Soyeon’s clean, make up-less face.

“Oh! Kori-ssi? What are you doing here?” She asked opening the door bigger. She gasped when she saw Hyeri and the rest of the B.A.P members behind.

“We’re here to take Himchan back. We’ll take care of him in our dorm.” Yongguk pushed me behind him and spoke.

I could swear I saw annoyance flash through her face before it was replaced quickly by a tight smile. “Yea, sure… C’mon in…” Her voice becoming a lot less cheerful than before.

“Thank you.” Everyone bowed and thanked as we entered. Her living room was huge, with big leather sofas and wide flat screen television. The walls were painted yellow, with several mirrors around making the room looking even wider. Right at the corner was a huge spiral staircase leading upstairs with a luxurious kitchen behind it.

B.A.P gaped at the huge house while me and Hyeri awkwardly exchanged glances. We have seen bigger houses before, hence we tried to act surprised.

As everyone was looking around the house, Soyeon came down with a drunk and messy Himchan. He face flushed red, eyes diluted, everyone could tell he was totally drunk. He stumbled down the steps with his hands around Soyeon’s shoulders. Yongguk and Daehyun immediately went over to support him, taking him away from Soyeon.

She was clearly angry, but desperately trying to hide it with a fake smile. Oh god, how  I wish I can just punch her in the face.

“Let’s go. Thanks for taking care of him as of now. Next time, just call us. We’re s, I think we deserve to know. Thank you.” Yongguk bluntly said before walking out of the door with Himchan on his shoulders.

“Thanks!” The rest chorused as they walked out, following Yongguk back into the car.

The car drove away back into the dorm, with a fuming Soyeon at her doorstep. Himchan was babbling nonsense the whole car ride. Having weird moodswings until he finally fell asleep.

“Look at this fool, I can’t believe he is my hyung.” Daehyun rolled his eyes at the sight of Himchan in a mess. The others nodded their heads in agreement.

“Hey. Don’t say that alright?” Hyeri elbowed Daehyun causing him to pout. Ohwait, does that mean that they patched up already? That’s fast.

We soon arrived at their dorm, after putting Himchan to sleep, everyone gathered at the living room to talk.

“Well, it’s late, its best if the both of you stay for the night. No Buts or Ifs, it’s final.” Yongguk said firmly and brought us over to the empty room.

Everyone took turns to shower and everyone was quiet since it was already late.

“Here are the blankets and pillow Noona,” Zelo passed us our sleeping items, greeted us good night and left the room.

The room was silent as Hyeri and I set up our beds. “You okay?” Hyeri asked,

breaking the silence.

 

“I’m fine, he’s back here, so I’m feeling a lot better.” I gave her a slight smile causing her to do the same.

 

“He’ll sure get a big scolding from Yongguk oppa tomorrow, you can scold him tomorrow too! For now, let’s just sleep and forget whatever that happened okay?” She yawned and snuggled into her blankets, giving me a wink as a form of Goodnight.

 

“Goodnight Hyeri~” I said as I turned off the nights and fell asleep immediately after such a long and dramatic day.