Fight

Forever friends?

They were lovers?! I thought to myself surprised. "Kori-ssi?" Soyeon called since i was stunned.

“Oh I see…” I managed to say. I was both happy and disappointed that Himchan didn’t tell me about it. It hurts to know that I have to hear this from someone else other than him, but, it might also be because he didn’t find it of importance to tell me. I chose to believe it’s the second one.

We were both silent for a while before she spoke again.

“Well, it’s great to know that you are not my rival in love. So thank you,” she smiled as she put her hand over mine. I could only give a slight smile and a small nod.i

“So, can I expect you to help me to make Himchan mine again?” She requested while giving my hand a slight squeeze, her eyes gazing at me, pleading me to say yes.

I sighed, and nodded my head. Her face brightened up at once. “Thank you so so so much! I’ll definitely treat you dinner soon!” She happily chirped. That little hope of ever being with Himchan vanished. What else could I say? No? She would definitely suspect me of having feelings for Himchan then. I can never risk that. It seems like we are just not meant to be… Instead of being with him, I have to help someone else to be with him. Oh, just thinking about it made my heart cringe in pain.

“It’s hard to see you and him so close but yet, you didn’t fall for him! He’s the sweetest guy ever! Whenever I’m sick, he would never fail to make hot soup and send it over to my house. When I’m being bullied, he would always stand up for me, even when everyone is against me, he would always stand at my side and support me. I remember our first date to-“. She was interrupted when B.A.P came back into the waiting room. I gave a huge sigh of relief, oh how thankful am I for that! I don’t think I can stick through her reminiscing about her past with Himchan. It hurts far too much.

“Kori! Why weren’t you watching the performance just now?” She asked me with a worried look on her face. “Oh, there wasn’t enough spaces for the 3 of us, so its best if only one went right?” I said, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. By the change of her face, I knew that she knew I was in pain.

“Wait, is it because of her? You are always the one who watches their performance! Just because she is here doesn’t mean you can’t!” Hyeri exclaimed attracting the attention of everyone in the waiting room.

“Hyeri! How can you say that! That’s rude! Apologise to Soyeon!” Himchan who heard came over and scolded.

“But it’s true! Who is this girl to replace Kori?!” She argued back. Sensing the tense atmosphere, the manager and coordinators left the room, leaving only B.A.P, Hyeri, Soyeon and me in the the room.

“Stop it! Just apologise and stop being so childish! This is not the time for you to be a kid!” Himchan immediately shot back. His eyes widened upon hearing what he said, and everyone stood rooted to the ground after hearing those harsh words.

“Wh-What?” Hyeri gasped and I immediately held her back. “N-No Hyeri-ah, that’s not what I meant.” Himchan stammered, regretting what he said before.

“Nah, its okay. I’m just a kid huh? Because of her, you called me a childish kid?” She said while glaring at Himchan. I sighed loudly, knowing that the situation isn’t going to get any better.

“Hyeri, just stop it with your nonsense. He’s right, you should stop being childish.” I stepped in to stop the fight.

I could feel everyone staring at me, Hyeri’s stare being the most intense. I mentally killed Daehyun as he stupidly stepped in too. “Hyeri, just stop okay? Why are you choosing this time to overreact over such small things? Just let it go.” Daehyun sighed and held Hyeri’s shoulder.

“Why are the two of you siding with them now?” She sadly said, her sadness evident in her voice while shrugging his hand off her shoulder.

Before anyone could reply, Yongguk spoke.

“Hyeri isn’t wrong. I too feel that Soyeon is trying to take over Kori’s place,” Yongguk finally stepped in and stood beside Hyeri. To show their agreement with his words, Jongup and Youngjae moved to stand behind Yongguk and Hyeri. While Zelo walked over to my side, causing everyone’s eyes to widen.

Everyone knew that Zelo would always be at Yongguk’s side, Yongguk’s jaw dropped a little, showing that he was also shocked at Zelo’s choice.

Everyone was silent except for an intense staring contest.

We were divided into 2 groups, standing on each side of the room, with an imaginary line separating us.

The staring contest went on for awhile.

“You know what? Fine, I’m just a childish little girl okay? We have never fought before, I don’t understand why you guys are making her such a big deal.” Hyeri spoke up pointing at Soyeon. Before anyone could respond, she spoke again. “Let’s just end it here. I’m at fault okay? I’m SINCERELY apologising to Soyeon now. I’m very sorry Soyeon-ssi for being a childish kid.” She spoke with sarcasm in her voice, obviously not happy to apologise.

“Hyeri! Apologise properly!” Himchan scolded her again.

Hyeri snapped her head at him obviously annoyed. “What? You need me to kneel and bow? Okay fine.” She walked over to Soyeon, kneeled and bowed. “Hye-Hyeri ssi, it-it’s o-okay,” Soyeon stuttered while pulling Hyeri up.

Hyeri roughly shrugged her hands off as she stood up and walked out of the room. Jongup sighed and ran after her out of the door.

“Let’s just stop it. This is getting ridiculous. Himchan, send Soyeon out.” Yongguk took lead, showing the leader side of him. Himchan nodded and brought Soyeon out.

“Everyone, we’ll talk about this after the dance. Now let’s just go back and get ready. We have only 2 hours left.” Yongguk ordered and everyone nodded their head, moving back to do what they were doing just now. 

Yongguk looked at me with sadness in his eyes before walking away too, leaving me to stand there, still stunned by everything that happened.

My mind was blank until I saw Daehyun walking back and forth in the waiting room, obviously worrying over Hyeri.

“Daehyun oppa, don’t. Give her some time to organise her thoughts.” I said,  knowing that he wants to talk to Hyeri badly. He sighed, giving a small nod to show he understood, and walked away.

The waiting room was silent except for shuffling of feet and the sound of everyone breathing.

Just one girl could make all of us fight like that. It’s our first big fight in 7 years, over a girl who likes Himchan, like me. Can this day get any worse?