The Dance (Part 1)

Forever friends?

(a/n: Yongguk, Youngjae, Himchan and Daehyun are going to the dance as alumni members.)

Feeling so drained, I was in the boys' dorm, changing into the dress for the dance. Hyeri, Yongguk, Youngjae and Jongup had changed way earlier and left for the dance first. I was in the boys' room, while they waited for me outside.

The white dress slid down my thighs and ended at my knees. I walked to the mirror they had hanging on the wall, and looked at myself. I looked very tired, and maybe that was because I was. I pulled my hair to my left  shoulder and pinned the ride side of my hair to keep it from falling. My fringe fell across my forehead. I applied some makeup on myself, slipped on the black pair of heels and glanced over myself one last time. To be honest, I looked beautiful. But what was the point of me telling this to myself when my best friend wasn't there to spout sarcastic remarks at my face? Life wasn't fun that way.

I hooked a vintage dangling earring on both sides of my ears, clasped a black choker around my neck and stepped out of the room. "Finally! We were waiting for so long!" Daehyun nagged but his eyes widened when he saw me. He started to pout slightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I walked up to him and looked at him curiously. He looked like he was about to cry. "Daehyun?"

"Hyeri would've looked like this, right? I didn't even get a chance to see her like that. I shouldn't have scolded her," he sighed and strode to the toilet.

I shook my head to clear my head and walked to the living room where Zelo and Himchan was playing xbox. "Finally ready?" Himchan asked without looking at me.

"Noona, hold on-" Zelo started to say but stopped when he saw me. "WAAAAAH." He dropped his controller and walked up to me. "Noona! You're so pretty! Everyone's gonna be so jealous!" I laughed at what he said.

"Yah! Choi Junho-" Himchan wanted to scold, but when he turned and set his eyes on me, he caught himself. "Kori ah.." he smiled softly. "You look..."

"Yeah?" I probed.

"BEAUTIFUL. Now can we go? Just because of your stupid little fight, I have to make 2 trips. I have a life too, yknow?" B.A.P's manager scolded when he walked through the front door. "Come on! Faster, faster! I've gotta go meet my girlfriend!"

"Ne," I bowed and rushed out. Zelo was being a gentlemen to hold my hand, but Himchan broke our hold.

"She can walk," he hissed at Zelo, who blinked at him and smiled at me. Zelo grabbed my hand and turned to Himchan, saying, "She's MY date tonight. Not yours!"

 

At the dance, Daehyun was beside me, looking around eagerly for Hyeri. "Hyung," Zelo called him, "Hyeri's over there." He pointed to the table with the cocktails, and Daehyun rushed over. "...with Jongup.." Zelo trailed off. Himchan walked over to us and sighed. 

"What's wrong?" I asked in concern.

"Soyeon's supposed here but I can't find her," Himchan answered while looking around for Soyeon.

I felt myself blink uncontrollably as I huffed out unhappily. "Hyung," Zelo pushed Himchan's shoulder slightly before glaring at him. He heard what Himchan had told me.

"What was that for?" He turned to Zelo and demanded to know. Zelo just stared at him and they started their little staring contest. I pulled Zelo back and made them stop.

"Yah!" Zelo shouted at Himchan, "How stupid can you get?"

"Yah? Know your place, maknae. Don't be rude to your hyung," Himchan warned. I stood in front of Zelo, covering, or rather in an attempt to cover him from Himchan. "Kori ah, move away."

"Kim Himchan," I called firmly to stop him.

"Kori ah. Don't help him. He's getting too rude," Himchan explained. Yeah, Zelo was, FOR ME. I put my hands to Himchan's chest when he started walking closer to reach Zelo behind me.

"Enough," I whispered. I pushed him away and he looked at me in what seemed like disappointment.

"Himchan ah!" Soyeon called while she ran over. "Sorry I was late! The traffic was just crazy! And this ballroom was so hard to find. I mean like the staff here didn't even bother to help! I was helplessly trying to find my-" she stopped her yakking when she noticed the tension. Himchan was looking at me, and I was looking away.

Just then, Zelo placed his hands on my shoulders and steered me away. "Kori ssi!" she yelled out but I pretended not to hear. "Noona," Zelo pouted, "smile okay? It's my high school dance! Smile for me?"

I couldn't help to smile back at the younger boy. "That's the look I love from my noona! Let's go!" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me away.

He introduced me to his friends happily and it was a cute sight. We walked around, occasionally bumping into Hyeri, who stared at me and strode away. Jongup would smile apologetically at me and rush off with Hyeri. Then just 3 seconds after, we would see Daehyun running after them.

"ANNOUNCEMENT! WE SHALL COMMENCE THE BALLROOM DANCING NOW," the announcer said loudly through the speakers. "Ballroom dancing?" I asked Zelo as I tugged on his hand.

"Mm!" he nodded, "Noona, you know how to dance right? We'll dance together first! Turn about 4 rounds, then change partners on the dance floor, dance another 4 rounds and change again. Keep dancing like that until we reach each other again. It's gonna be fun! Don't worry, Noona!" He held my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

The lights dimmed greatly. Everyone was more like figures. their facial features couldn't really be seen anymore. The music started playing and Zelo put his right hand on my waist, and held my hand with left. I put my left hand on his shoulder and held his hand with my right.

We started dancing and turning around. And right to Zelo's words, after 4 turning 4 rounds with Zelo, I was turned into another guy's hands. "How's the dance?" a low voice greeted me when he held me. A couldn't see his face clearly, but his voice was prominent.

"Yongguk oppa?" I called.

"Mm," he acknowledged coldly. "So how's the dance?"

"It's okay.. How's it for you?" I answered.

"Everything's so tensed," he muttered. Just then, I was turned into yet another pair of arms.

He kept turning his head from side to side, as if looking for someone. "Daehyunnie?" I called.

"OH! Kori ah! I can't see Hyeri!" he panickly said. "Help me look for her!"

"Let her cool down first," I advised.

"NO! She's gonna be so mad at me! Then she'll suggest a breakup! I can't let that happen!" he cried.

"Relax! She won't," I comforted him. Again, I was turned away. But I stepped on something, and nearly tripped.

Thankfully, a pair of leaner kind of muscular arm caught me. "AH! Sorry!" I apologised.

"Woah, careful," a familiar voice said, while chuckling. I peered at his face closely, but still couldn't really see clearly. "After a few months of not seeing me, you wanna kiss me already? Come on, Korilla. Let's wait a little while more~"

"Korilla?" I repeated. Only one person would call me that. "Lee Minhyuk!?"

"Hey little Korilla," he laughed.

 

~~

First update of the day. A second update will come up soon. :) I'm doing double updates since my dear little CyYOSEOB is sick, so... Yeah. :)

Lee Minhyuk in this fic is just a cameo that'll be used for the next few chapters. He's from BTOB! :) He's really handsome, and cute, so please go check his pictures out if you haven't seen him yet. :)

I'll do an update soon, so please wait for it! I hope you liked this chapter. :)

Comment more, you too, silent readers! :D And welcome new subbers! :) <3