Envious

Forever friends?

After moving our belongings from the hotel to our new home, we started to unpack and sort out our stuff. Before we knew it, it was already 9.00p.m.

Wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, I waited in the living room for Hyeri to get ready. “Hurry up you princess! We are going to be late!” I yelled for Hyeri receiving a loud “Hold on!” from her.

She soon came down the stairs wearing a white hoodie with tights and we left to catch a taxi to meet the boys.

We walked into the tall building in front of us and meeting the same counter girl we met on our first day back. She once again scanned us up and down in disgust before saying rather rudely, “You are back here again because..?”

Ignoring her question, Hyeri coldly asked while staring “What floor is B.A.P’s practice room?” The counter girl’s eyes widen at tone and intense stare. “It- It’s on th-the fifth floor”.

Hyeri immediately did a 180 degrees change and beamed sweetly, “Thank you!” as she pulled me along to the elevator and pressing the button for the 5th floor.

I looked at her with amused eyes. “What?” she blinked at me.

“Nothing nothing… Just not surprised at your change of attitude just now” I sarcastically said.

“I don’t see anything wrong with that.” She giggled. Sigh, I wonder if Daehyun knows this side of her, but well, he is too in love to notice anything bad about Hyeri.

Upon reaching the 5th floor, there was a long hallway with several rooms on both sides. We walked by cautiously, afraid to cause any disturbance to the other trainees and we also planned to scare the other B.A.P boys.

Hyeri was in the front, being her dramatic self, she started tiptoeing and acting like she’s being a spy completing her mission. Finally at around the second last room, we found B.A.P sitting down on the practice room floor chatting and laughing.

“OPPAS!” Hyeri shouted when she opened the practice room door. “Hyeri!” Daehyun shouted surprise and before standing up immediately and approached her for a hug.

“Hi oppas!” I greeted, bowing slightly. “Oh you’re here!” Himchan smiled.

“Noona! What about me? Are you not going to say hi to me?” Zelo grumbled. “Me too noona!” Jongup a little too cheerfully added.

“Hi Jongup and Zelo!” I laughed. “Kori-ah, what brings you here?” Yongguk asked showing his gummy smile.

“Why? Can’t I visit you guys if I want to?” I teased. “No no Kori-ah, that’s not what I meant, I –“ Yongguk tried to explain before I interrupted, “Im just kidding oppa, Himchan oppa asked us to come over.”

“Phew!” Yongguk let out a sigh, “I really thought that I’m going to be in trouble for making you angry! If not I’ll sure be getting it big from Himchan tonight, and he doesn’t give mercy!” Yongguk explained while showing a horrified expression on his face causing the whole room to burst out in laughter while Himchan stared at him.

After noticing Himchan’s stare, Yongguk cleared his throat, causing everyone to laugh again. All of a sudden, Zelo’s stomach grumbled causing everyone to erupt into another round of laughter.

“Can we go have supper? Pretty please?” Hyeri asked everyone cutely while rubbing her tummy. “Yes please!” Zelo jumped up and down.

“Aigoo, sure sure, let’s go~” Yongguk said while standing up as the rest followed.  “Let’s go Hyeri-ah” Daehyun sweetly said and held Hyeri’s hands to lead her out.

I couldn’t help but look at my empty hands and feel a huge sense of loneliness. Oh how much I wanted to have a boyfriend to hold my hand too. I sighed, and followed everyone out of the room.

Noticing my sudden change of  mood, Himchan came over and slung his arm over my shoulder. “What’s wrong bestfriend?”

Hearing the word bestfriend, I got even more depressed. “Nothing…” I sadly said while removing his arm off my shoulder. He furrowed his eyebrow at my action and grabbed my arm, “Hey, you know that you can tell me right?”

“Its really nothing oppa. I’ll get over it soon. Go join the rest okay?” I sighed. Himchan was silent as he contemplated. “Its okay, I’ll stay with you here.” He said before holding my hands.

I looked down at our hands and looked up at him. We met eyes and he smiled at me, while giving my hand a soft squeeze. “Thanks oppa…” I softly smiled back. He nodded at me as a response before facing forward and continued walking.

We soon arrived at a nearby street food tent and settled down at a round table just right for the 8 of us. There were not many people except for those aunties and uncles hence we did not need to be afraid of anyone catching us together. “What do you guys want to eat?” Yongguk, being the eldest asked. We all gave him our orders and he stood up to order from the store owner lady. (I didn’t know what to call the lady! ><)

While Yongguk was ordering, the rest of us had small conversations. “Were people very different overseas?” Jongup asked me and Hyeri. “Well, they were very-“ Hyeri was answering before Daehyun interrupted playfully “Like humans.” Everyone burst out in laughter while Hyeri glared at Daehyun for being rude.

“Sorry babe~” he cooed and held her waist. Knowing Hyeri’s character, she turned away from him and pouted. Everyone rolled their eyes and turned away from the couple as Daehyun started his sweet words and actions towards Hyeri.

Once again, the sense of loneliness came again when I heard his sweet, mushy words to Hyeri. I wanted Hyeri’s life so bad! She is in a wealthy family, has the looks, the character and a sweet boyfriend. I wanted a boyfriend too, not anyone but Himchan, but he only sees me as a bestfriend. I sighed inwardly as I felt my eyes turn watery. I quickly blinked it away and Yongguk returned with the delicious food.