Why me?

Coffee Boy Sunggyu

 

                “Isn’t that her?” “It couldn’t be.” “She has guts to show her face in public, eh?” “What makes her so appealing to Daniel?”

                Constant glares were shot at you as you were grocery shopping, and you couldn’t help but to think ‘What will Sunggyu do?’ ‘How will he react?’ etc etc.

                When you were pushing your cart down an aisle, a strange women appeared in front of you.  She gave you a death glare, so you backed up and tried to leave, but she stopped you.  She jumped on you and pulled your hair. “Why does he love you?! WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT I DON’T?!” the woman screamed.

                She was obviously a fan of your ex-boyfriend.  You tried to avoid fighting back “Ma’am, please let go of my hair!” “Why?!” She screamed.  “Someone please call the security!” you screamed “Ma’am! Let go of my hair!”

                “GIVE ME MY MAN!” She screamed and continued to pull on your hair.  The security arrived, and they detained the woman.  “Thank you” you said rubbing your head.  “YOU !” the woman screamed as the security held her back.  You just stood there and shook your head.

                The security guard rolled his eyes and turned to you, flashing you a friendly smile “Sasaeng fans… they do the craziest things.” You nodded and just walked away, leaving all your groceries.

---

                The bus ride back home was also pretty scary; you got a lot of glares, people took pictures of you and would comment on your appearance, one person even threw an egg at you.  “Aish, not my favourite blazer.” You said quietly, trying to hide your tears.

                “It’s all his fault” you said trying to rub off the egg.

---

                Finally you arrived home and because of the sunglasses & hat you picked up on the way, no one followed you.  You sighed and stared at the empty house and thought ‘What a crazy day.’  You slowly dragged yourself to the basement and slammed yourself on your bed.

                “Only if that jerk didn’t do such a thing” you thought “Idiot…” You looked at the ceiling and started to cry.  “Why me?” you said and thought of all the comments you heard from people.  “She’s not even that pretty.” “I don’t understand how a person could like someone like her.” “Ugh… she’s so fat.” Those hurtful comments really started to get to you.

                You continued to cry when Sunggyu called from work.  “Sunggyu” you answered. “Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you? I just saw the news… how could he…?” You sniffled and smiled, just hearing his voice made you happy. “I know right? I mean I told him I didn’t love him anymore… he makes life so complicated.” Sunggyu sighed and knew you were crying “Why are you crying?” The smile you had disappeared; you started to cry once again. “Alison… everything will be alright.”

                You shook your head and said “I didn’t know people would react the way they reacted… their comments are so hurtful.” “Don’t let it get to you, okay?” You nodded and sighed “I love you Sunggyu.” Sunggyu smiled and said “I love you too, and I’ll be home soon.  Don’t worry about dinner, we’ll just order take-out okay?” You nodded and said “I’ll see you at home.” and then hung up the phone.

                You got up from your bed and headed straight to the shower to wash away the frustration of your situation.