What a clutz

Coffee Boy Sunggyu

 

               You were about to step out of the coffee shop until you noticed you forgot your wallet at the table you were sitting at. “.” You turned around to go back and retrieve it when you suddenly you bumped into someone, spilling their coffee all over their clothes.

               You automatically started to bow “Sorry. I’m sorry.” ' why am I such a clutz' You thought.

               “Aish… this is a new shirt.” said the man.  You finally straightened up to apologize to the man, who was fairly handsome, “I’m so sorry.” The man looked pissed. “Umm… let me just grab my wallet so I can give you my card.”

You ran into the coffee shop and quickly grabbed you wallet and handed the man your card.

“Here’s my contact information, put your dry cleaning bill on me.” The man glared and grabbed your card and walked off.

 

                Being the sensitive girl you are, you continued to feel bad the whole day, you just couldn’t stop thinking about the man’s pissed (yet handsome) face.  You just let out a big sigh and hoped to bump into the same man once again to try and apologize more formally.

 

4 days later

 

                You were walking back home from a gathering with your friends. “Alison!” you heard your best friend and roommate Rachel call your name.  You turned around and saw Rachel running towards you “YunJiyah! Wait for me! Did you forget that we live together?” She asked.  When she finally caught up to you, you smiled and said “No, I’m just tired. You looked like you were having a good time back there so I left by myself.” Rachel tsk-ed. “Alison, you know I can’t have a good time without my bestfriend.” You nodded and agreed “That’s true, now let’s go home.”

 

                When you arrived at your apartment you noticed Rachel kept staring at you the whole way home. “Why do you keep staring at me?” Rachel shook her head “I can tell you’re bothered by something.” You raised your eyebrows and shot her a confused look “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

 

                Before you could step inside Rachel stopped you and sighed “I knew it… is it that coffee shop accident? Look Alison, I know you hate getting people pissed but it was just an accident. Get over it!” You frowned and said “I… I just can’t get that look he had out of my head.”

               

                Rachel finally let you inside, and once you stepped into your room you sighed. “Rachel, do you think he’ll call?” Rachel gave you one of her infamous ‘are you serious’ looks, and you sighed once again. “I JUST FEEL SOOOO BAD!”

               

                It was at the moment your phone started to ring.

 

                “Hello?” You answered

 

                “Yah, are you the one who ruined my new shirt?” You nodded and then said “Is this the man I spilled coffee on at the coffee shop?”

 

                “Yah. You come here now.” said the man. “Okay ajushi, where are you now?” He started to laugh “Where do you think I am? I’m at the dry cleaners, come pay for my bill.” He gave you the address to the dry cleaners and you hung up the phone.

 

                ---

 

                Once you were there, you automatically recognized the man’s face. You stepped in and awkwardly greeted him with a bow.  He signaled you to the ajumah behind the counter of the dry cleaners. “That would be $60.” You gasped and said “60?!” You turned to the man; he smiled and said “You also ruined my pants.”

               

                After paying you and the man stood outside and you apologized once again. The man sighed and said “Why are you still apologizing?” You stood there and looked at him, “Well… I… I’m….” The man took a step closer to you.  You were looking straight into his eyes. “You’re….”

               

                You were actually a bit surprised by how good looking this man was; you started to turn red.  The man smiled; and you couldn’t believe how cute his smile was.  You forgot everything you were about to say and randomly blurted out a question “What’s your name?” you asked.

               

                The man laughed and said “My name? It’s Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu.” And after he just shrugged his shoulder and said “You know what, I’ll contact you later, I hope then you’ll have an answer to my question.”