Chapter 8

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

The bell rings, signalling ten minutes until class started. MBLAQ immediately starts packing up and they each go to their respective classes. Joon, Thunder and I have homeroom in first period and when we arrive at the classroom, the teacher hasn’t arrived yet and HyunA is already sitting in a seat, waiting for me.

 

‘Hi Mi Young!’

 

‘Hi HyunA! What’s up?’

 

‘Hey why were you so late? You’re usually the first one in class!’

 

‘Oh! I missed the bus! My alarm clock broke.’ I say, hoping that HyunA wouldn’t notice me lying.

 

‘Liar.’ Damn. ‘What happened?’ she asks again, her large pretty eyes slightly narrowing.

 

I sigh in defeat. ‘I met Joon on the bus,’ I whisper to her, glancing at Joon and Thunder whilst doing so. I almost tell her about their practise session, but then I remember the promise that Seung Ho made me. I lie again. ‘He was behind in his maths studies so I sort of tutored him in the library.’

 

HyunA’s looks disappointed. ‘Oh ok.’

 

I turn my attention to the teacher, who was currently taking roll call.

 

‘Kim Hyun Ah!’ calls our homeroom teacher.

 

‘Here!’ replies HyunA. She turns to me, as if she wants to tell me something.

 

‘Kim Mi Young!’

 

‘Here!’ I call back. I turn to HyunA who gestures to me to lean forward. I do and she whispers into my ear.

 

‘Did Joon say anything about me?’

 

I’m shocked at the question. If I say no, then HyunA might get upset and she might try to get his attention even more. If I say yes, then HyunA will most likely go under a a mistaken belief that Joon has taken an interest in her. I force myself to smile and lie, ‘Yes, he mentioned you once or twice.’

 

HyunA leans back into her chair and says in an indignant voice, ‘Once or twice? Really? I was hoping for more. Ok, at break, I will get his attention and hopefully, sometime soon, he will make me his girlfriend!’

 

I try not to let my pain show on my face and I say, ‘Ahh ok! If you are his girlfriend then that would be so cool!’

 

HyunA beams. ‘I know right?’

 

‘KIM HYUN A!’ The teacher’s commanding voice gets our attention.

 

HyunA’s head jerks to the front and she says in a cute voice, ‘Yes, Teacher Yang?’

 

‘I would appreciate it if you didn’t talk so much.’

 

‘Arasso Teacher Yang! It won’t happen again!’ says HyunA with a smile.

 

‘Good.’ Teacher Yang continues to talk about the upcoming events this month.

 

‘I’ll talk to you later,’ mouths HyunA, keeping her eyes on Teacher Yang, just in case he decides to call her out again. I nod and pay attention to the announcements that Teacher Yang is reading out.

 

‘ The school talent show will begin in two weeks, please sign up by next Monday, and...’ Teacher Yang runs his finger down the list he’s holding. ‘Now, your grade has an overseas trip to Japan, in about two months, and I expect that all of you will hand in your notes before this month ends. He holds up a pile of notes and assigns a classmate to hand them out. I look around the class, and see expressions of delight on my classmates’ faces.

 

‘Overseas excursion huh?’ HyunA says to me. ‘It’s more like an opportunity to socialise!’

 

I half smile. ‘Yeah. I wonder why we’re going there.’

 

‘I don’t care about the reason, I just know that’s it’s gonna be great!’ HyunA giggles and says dreamily, ‘If only Joon would see me as the one for him.’

 

I pinch HyunA playfully. ‘HyunA stop daydreaming, about Joon now. Japan is going to be so much fun!’

 

‘Hey.’ Joon and Thunder came over to our table. ‘Are you guys excited?’ asks Joon.

 

‘YES! OHMIGOSH IT’S GOING TO BE THE BEST!’ cries out HyunA excitedly, tugging on Joon’s arm. Joon smiles at her, but I see a bizarre expression on his face. It only showed for about a second, but it seemed like an expression of irritation.

 

‘Mi Young ah.’

 

‘Eh?’ I say, still looking at Joon and HyunA.

 

I turn and see Thunder looking at me and he says, ‘Mi Young ah, you’re trying out for the talent show right?’

 

I smile and nod, wondering where this conversation is headed to. ‘Yes Thunder oppa! Except… I would prefer not to do it alone, because I know that I’ll freak out and something bad will happen.’

 

‘Oh. In that case, do you want me to try out with you?’

 

I nod enthusiastically. ‘Yes please! Thank you so so so much Thunder oppa!’

 

He gives me a smile. ‘Ok then Mi Young. Tell me if you need anything else ok?’

 

I nod in thanks. ‘Thank you oppa!’

 

The bell rings. Everyone immediately starts packing up their things and begin to move out of the classroom. I look at my timetable and groan.

 

Maths.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Hello again!

I just received the poster that I requested ^^

What do you guys think?

I have nothing more to say...

plz subscribe and comment! :)

shannonigan~