Chapter 3

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

BEEP. I wake up to find myself on my desk, with a bunch of scrunched up math notes around me. BEEP. I slam my hand on my alarm clock. ‘Damn.’ I hastily pack my bag and take a quick shower. I grab a some cold toast and head out.

 

I arrive at school with 5 minutes to spare, and find people cheering on a pair of dancers. A closer look reveals to me that it’s HyunA and Joon. HyunA sees me and shouts out, ‘Mi Young! Come and see our dance!’ I walk over there and see HyunA doing a y wave against Joon’s body. Joon looks bored and glances up and stares at me. His stare is so intense, that I feel as if he’s burning a hole through me. I look away.

 

‘HyunA! Have you done that music assignment?’ I ask, hoping to distract HyunA, who was yet doing another dance move.

 

HyunA jumps up and shrieks, ‘WHAT MUSIC ASSIGNMENT!?!?!?!?!?’

 

‘You know, that one where we had to create a composition and hand it in to Teacher Bae tomorrow?’

 

HyunA slaps a palm to her face. ‘I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT! I’D BETTER GO!’ She grabs her bag and zooms off.

 

Thunder asks me, ‘You didn’t forget did you?’

 

I laugh and say, ‘No, I didn’t. Did you guys study for the math exam tomorrow?’

 

Mir looks sheepish. ‘I TRIED BUT IT WAS TOOO HARD!!!’ He starts fake crying.

 

I giggle. ‘Mir! You’re so cute!’

 

Joon smiles at me and says, ‘I just have a little bit about trigonometry that I don’t understand. Can you explain it to me after school today?’

 

My heart leaps. ‘Of course Joon oppa!’

 

Joon smiles wider and says, ‘Ok then, I’ll meet you after school by the lockers ok?’

 

‘OK oppa!’ The bell rings and I practically dance to my class as I was kind of asked on a date with Joon. And maths. But still, even a little alone time with Joon will make me happy.

 

Thunder’s POV

 

My heart breaks when I see Mi Young and Joon hyung interacting with each other so easily. I know that Mi Young likes Joon hyung, but why can’t she see that I like her?