Chapter 13

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

As soon as I enter the school grounds, HyunA attacks me with a hug.

 

‘Ah!’ I cry out unintentionally, due to the fact that she bumped my arm in the process.

 

‘OH MY GOSH MI YOUNG! I’M SO SORRY! I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU THAT I FORGOT ABOUT YOUR ARM!’

 

I smile weakly. ‘It’s ok. What’s up?’

 

‘Oh, nothing much.’ She pauses, thinking. ‘Actually you know Chae Rin, the leader of the queenkas? Well Dara unnie told me that she was really sad after Joonie oppa told her to go away, and that she was saying bad stuff about him and MBLAQ and us.’ She pouts. ‘What did we even do to her? She’s so mean!’

 

I look down and say, ‘I don’t know.’

 

HyunA frowns and says. ‘I don’t know either. She’s really mean. Like REALLY mean.’ HyunA grabs my hand and drags me towards to quadrangle. ‘Anyway, come on! I need to show you the new heels that Bom unnie got. They’re SO beautiful!’

 

‘Oh... Sorry HyunA I need to put these away.’ I gesture to the huge pile of textbooks I’m holding.

 

‘Ok.’ HyunA frowns ever so slightly. She turns and continues walking in the direction of the quadrangle.

 

I stared at her walking away. I couldn’t help but notice that she wasn’t as happy any more. Sighing, I turn and walk towards the lockers. I spot Thunder across the block, and I feel a pang of guilt. I quickly duck my head and power-walk into the locker block. When I enter the locker block, I spot the three queenkas. I immediately turn around and walk in the opposite direction.

 

BAM!

 

Ow!

 

Oops.

 

‘Pathetic.’

 

I look up into time to see them strutting past me. I rub my face and pick up my textbooks, as a result of me walking face-first into an open locker door and dropping them. I hurriedly gather them up and dump them into my locker.

 

I turn and see Thunder standing next to me.

 

‘AAH!’ I almost jump out of my skin. I apologise immediately. ‘Mianhe Thunder sunbae, you scared me.’

 

Thunder smiles slightly and shrugs. ‘It’s ok. I just saw you and thought that I would say hi to you.’

 

I can feel warmth rushing to my cheeks. I don’t know what to say so I look down.

 

‘Do you want me to walk you to your next class?’

 

‘Um… ok. Thank you sunbae.’ He smiles again.

 

‘It’s ok.’ He holds my hand, and I blush furiously. I look down, my hair framing my beetroot red face.

 

We walk out together and I see the queenkas again. They turn and stare. I catch Tae Hee’s eye, and she gives me ‘The Look.’ I look away quickly. From the corner of my eye, I see Chae Rin eyeing me dangerously. She turns and Soo Min and Tae Hee follow her. I shudder. Catching the queenkas’ attention is not what I want right now. Thunder however, take no notice of them and walks on. We pass HyunA and a group of her hip hop dance classmates and she looks surprised but smiles. She also gives me the thumbs up. Do people think we’re a couple now? My phone rings, and I let go of Thunder’s hand and picks up the phone. It’s HyunA.

 

‘Hey Mi Young! What’s up? Are you and Thunder a couple now? Aaaaaw! That’s so sweet!’

 

‘I ...ah …um …’ I fumble for words.

 

‘You know what? I reckon you and Thunder oppa and me and Joonie oppa should go on a double date! Won’t that be fun!?’ she pauses, but almost immediately she rushes on. ‘Ok, I’ll get back to you ok?’ She hangs up.

 

I stand there, slightly shocked. Actually make that shocked. REALLY SHOCKED. How can she decide things like that without asking anyone else? I force myself to walk.

 

‘Who was that?’ Thunder’s gentle voice snaps me back into reality.

 

‘Ah.. that was just HyunA. She was just asking me something.’

 

‘Oh, I see.’

 

I look at the time. There’s still 5 minutes left. I don’t want any others getting the wrong idea. I wildly think of an excuse to get to class early. ‘Ah! Thunder sunbae! I just remembered that I have to get to Teacher Yang early today! I have to give him a note ok? Ok, bye Thunder!’ I rush to the end of the corridor and turn the corner. I practically throw myself into the classroom and collapse on the chair. Oh dear. Hopefully not too many people got the wrong idea.

 

Thunder’s POV

 

‘Ah Thunder sunbae!’

 

*Thunder oppa,* I correct in my head.

 

‘I just remembered that I have to get to Teacher Yang early today! I have to give him a note ok? Ok, bye Thunder!’

 

She bolts, and I’m left standing there. I feel a pang in my heart. Was she that desperate to get away from me? I sigh and walk towards our normal hangout, and I kick the brick wall in frustration.

 

 

Joon’s POV

 

I feel a wave of anger threatening to rise. Thunder and Mi Young? Are they going out? How dare he? HOW DARE HE? Even when I told MBLAQ that I loved her ever since I was a child? That traitor. HyunA looks at me, confused. ‘Joonie oppa? Are you angry?’ I look at her, and she furrows her brow.

 

‘Ah, no HyunA, its nothing.’HyunA’s expression darkens slightly, and I pull my gaze away from them and shrug nonchalantly.

 

‘You know, oppa, let’s go on a double date!’

 

‘Huh?’

 

‘Oppa and me, Mi Young and Thunder oppa!’

 

I stand there, slightly speechless.

 

‘Ok? Ok! Let’s go! I’ll call Mi Young now!’ She bounds away and pulls out her cellphone,

 

‘Hey Mi Young! What’s up? Are you and Thunder a couple now? Aaaaaw! That’s so sweet!’ Ilean forward and try to catch her reply, but I don’t hear anything.

 

‘You know what? I reckon you and Thunder oppa and me and Joonie oppa should go on a double date! Won’t that be fun!?’ she pauses.

 

‘Ok, I’ll get back to you ok?’ She hangs up, and skips back to me, linking her arm through mine.

 

I flinch and she looks up.

 

‘What’s wrong oppa? Did I hurt you? I’m sorry!’

 

I try for a smile ‘Ah, no HyunA, you just surprised me.’ She beams. ‘Ok oppa! I’ll do that every time I see you ok oppa? Ok!’ She starts walking, dragging me along.

 

I stumble and see Mi Young’s face from the window, but she turns away. I’m not sure if she saw me, but I don’t know what to hope for now.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

hello again! ~

yay new update! ^^

i've been telling myself to update more often now. :)

out of curiousity what do you think will happen next? 

pls comment + subscribe!

shannonigan ~