Chapter 19

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

Next period is homeroom, and I sit at my usual spot with HyunA. When she enters, she’s looking slightly tired.

 

‘HyunA what’s up? You look really tired today.’ I remark, stealing glances of Joon as he walked into the room.

 

‘Oh! It’s nothing; oppa and I were just moving around a lot today, that’s all.’

 

‘Hello ladies.’ Joon arrives beside our table, and HyunA practically shone.

 

‘Oppa!’ She jumps up and kisses him on the cheek. I look away. I have no intention of getting my heart slashed at, again and again, as my best friend and first love behave intimately towards each other.

 

Fortunately, Teacher Yang entered the room and Joon returned to his seat beside Thunder.

 

‘Are you and Thunder officially going out?’ HyunA whispers in my ear.

 

‘What?! No!’ I whisper as loudly as I dare into her ear.

 

‘Oh. The whole school’s talking about us! Like oppa and me and you and Thunder oppa. They think that we’re dating. Like officially.’

 

‘What? How did everyone find out?’

 

HyunA shrugs solemnly. ‘I don’t know, but I don’t really mind.’

 

‘Thunder and I were never really going out,’ I murmur, but she doesn’t hear me.

 

‘Notes to the overseas excursion are due in by next Monday. Please take initiative and hand them in promptly.’

 

‘Aisssh… Teacher Yang is soooooo boring!’ complains HyunA beside me, but I nod only slightly, focussing on the Teacher.

 

‘Oh… it seems that the talent show has been postponed again because of the incursion for year below you. Aah... I see… It’s been postponed until after the overseas excursion… so that’s in two and a half months.’

 

‘Yes!’ cheers HyunA from beside me. ‘Now we can practise more!’

 

‘Practise? You mean with Lee Joon sunbae?’ It hurts me to say his name, but I’ve got to get over it.

 

‘Yep!’ HyunA chirps. ‘Oh, you know, I came up with a new move, today! I really like it!’ she adds shamelessly.

 

‘Oh really?’ I had a sudden urge to suddenly compete with her, for what reason I didn’t know. The words come out before I can stop them. ‘Well, today, Thunder and I were practising for the talent show as well, and Teacher Choi really wanted us to beat you, so he gave us the whole period to do it, and we worked really hard on it.’ As soon as I finished, I regretted it so much.

 

‘Competition eh?’ HyunA says, smiling wickedly. ‘Ok! May the best couple win!’

 

Couple?

 

‘What song are you doing, anyway?’ she continues and I automatically reply.

 

‘You and I by Bom sunbaenim.’

 

‘Ooooh! That’s like a love song right? Like a ballad? Aaawwww that’s so sweet!’ HyunA beams and I feel a blush coming up. ‘Are you guys serenading each other?’

 

‘What? No!’ I snap, a little more aggressively than I should have been. HyunA immediately backs off and she giggles.

 

‘That’s cute!’

 

A hand slams down onto our desk, scaring the wits out of both of us. We look up and Teacher Yang is standing over us with a pleasant smile. ‘Now, let’s stop talking about what’s cute or not, and get on with what we’re supposed to be doing yes?’

 

‘Yes Teacher Yang…’ we both mumble, and we breathe a sigh of relief when he leaves.

 

‘Teacher Yang is scary,’ says HyunA.

 

‘Yeah he is,’ I agree.

 

We spend the rest of the period chatting quietly, and thankfully, Teacher Yang doesn’t come back to tell us off. I also manage to take my mind off of Joon for a while, and it makes me feel better slightly, but I even then, I can’t shake the sadness off me completely.

 

The bell rings, and ends class.

 

Thunder’s POV

 

I look over at Mi Young and HyunA, who are chatting quietly. My heart soars, and I feel content. It seems that her feelings for Joon. I absentmindedly doodle on my exercise book, and I smile. Joon looks over at me, and looks at me questioningly.

 

‘Nothing,’ I whisper at him. He gives me a pointed look and I sigh in defeat, although it is currently impossible for me to be sad, as of now. ‘Ok, I’m just happy, that’s all.’

 

He rolls his eyes and smiles his trademark grin. Huh. No wonder all the girls go after him. I’m not surprised that HyunA and Mi Young both fell for him.

 

Just then, the bell rings and I start to pack up my books. As I stand up, Mi Young and I lock gazes, and, as if in slow motion, she smiles and leaves the room. (cue dramatic music haha ^^)

 

Just that one smile makes my heart melt, and a warm, elated feeling comes over me.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hi everyone!

WOOOOT!!!! I HIT 50 SUBSCRIBERS!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! :DDDD

but anyway, haha I finally made my foreword prettier than it was before, but anyway, I hope you’ve enjoyed the story so far!

i admit that this is more on the boring side, but i wanted to develop the characters a bit more (typical author statement haha)

If you’re confused about anything in it, feel free to comment or pm me :)

please subscribe + comment ^^

until next time!

shannonigan ~