Chapter 17

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

‘HyunA, I’ll go out with you.’

 

His words stab me like a knife.

 

‘YAY! Oppa, you’re so cute!’

 

Her words push the knife in further.

 

I blink, and breathing heavily, I begin to walk. That in itself seems like the most exhausting task ever. I walk towards nowhere in particular, and I see Thunder in the distance. Not knowing why, I walk towards him.

 

‘Oppa.’

 

‘Mi Young? What’s wrong?’

 

I smile weakly. ‘It’s nothing.’ My legs begin to feel shaky, and I keel over. Thunder catches me before I hit the ground.

 

‘Mi Young! What happened? Are you ok?’ Thunder’s face is full of concern, and he pulls me close. I huddle beside his chest, and his arms find their way around me. It makes feel so safe, so secure, but I know it’s only temporary. I can’t help thinking what it would be like if these arms were Joon’s.

 

A teardrop falls on the cast of my broken arm, and I quickly wipe it away. I’ll never let anyone see me cry.

 

‘Mi Young?’

 

‘Neh oppa?’

 

‘I’ll always be here for you, understand?’

 

I try for a smile. ‘I understand.’

 

He holds me like that for a while, but then he kisses me on the cheek. I don’t object. I’m too sad and disorientated to think.

 

‘Oppa?’

 

‘Hmmm?’

 

‘We still haven’t decided on a song for the talent show yet.’

 

‘Ahh, yes. Do you have any you want to do?’

 

‘Ummm… can we do ‘You & I’ by Bom unnie?’

 

‘You & I? Ok, I can ask Dara noona to ask Bom noona for the lyrics.’

 

I look up at him and smile weakly. ‘Neh. Thank you oppa.’

 

 

 

HyunA’s POV

 

Outside the ice cream shop, I see Thunder and Mi Young hugging and talking to each other. Joon is also looking towards them, and he holds my hand tighter. My heart leaps.

 

They see us and Thunder waves. I wave to them both but Mi Young doesn’t respond. Instead, she gazes at us with an expression hard to read.

 

Thunder holds Mi Young’s hand and pulls her towards me. Her face is emotionless and I look at her in concern. She looks away.

 

‘Do you guys wanna go somewhere else?’ I ask, trying to break the silence that was slowly building in awkwardness.

 

‘No it’s ok. I need to pick up my brother from his tutoring class.’ Mi Young says, still looking away. ‘I’m going now.’ She turns to Thunder oppa. ‘Oppa, I’m going now. Can you try to get the lyrics before school starts?’

 

Thunder smiles. ‘Arasso Mi Young.’

 

Mi Young looks at Joon and I. ‘Lee Joon sunbaenim, HyunA, Thunder oppa, I’ll you at school neh?’ She half smiles and walks swiftly away.

 

Thunder scratches his head and says, ‘Well, I’ll best be gone. See you at school.’ Thunder walks away, and leaves oppa and me alone.

 

‘Oppa, do you want to go to the park?’

 

Joonie oppa looks a little sad, but and I look confused.

 

‘Or we could go to the shopping mall and find som fun things to do.’

 

‘HyunA, do you want to continue to choreograph our dance for the talent show? It’s next week.’

 

I nod enthusiastically. ‘Arasso oppa! Let’s go to the dance studio now!’

 

He half-smiles. ‘Arasso.’

 

***

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

I throw my bag on my desk and collapse onto my bed.

 

I cry into my pillow, and I stay like that for a long time.

 

A timid knock sounds on my door, and Daekyung enters.

 

‘Noona, are you ok?’

 

I rub my eyes and try to look like I’m ok. ‘Neh. Daekyung, I‘m ok. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be ok.’

 

Daekyung doesn’t say anything and I try for a smile. ‘Daekyung, it’s ok. I’ll be fine. I promise.’

 

Daekyung frowns and I say, ‘It’s ok. Daekyung you don’t have to worry about me.’

 

Daekyung noods uncertainly and says, ‘Arasoo noona. Noona, you can talk to me if you want to.’

 

I smile. ‘Neh Daekyung.’ Daekyung leaves the room and I sit up. My pillow is half-soaked with my tears. Ew. I should wash it sometime. It’s not very hygienic.

 

I lie back down onto my bed and stare at my ceiling. I don’t want pity. It’s not like anyone can help me now. Now my own baby brother is worried about me. If no one can help me, then I have to help myself.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

hey everyone! :D

 

yay update! (even though its only short) 

 

whats going to happen next? are miyoung and joon fated to never end up together? :O

 

subscribe + comment to find out! :) 

 

so most of my yearlies and assessments are over and now i can put more effort into the story :)

 

i promised that i would update more frequently and i did! haha i had two months to do so ^^

 

anyway for those who hadn't seen, please check out my other fanfic with charmallama:

The Forbidden Princess

 

i've been putting a lot of effort into that story, so i hope that all of my lovely subscribers will check it out! :)

 

oh, and also something else that would make me really happy would that any of you lovely, fabulous, fantastic subscribers can upvote my story? (<- i dont even know if that makes sense haha) but i really would make me super duper duper happy if you guys could :)

 

until next time!

shannonigan ~