Chapter 4

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

I think about meeting with Joon after school all through the school day. During the lunch break, HyunA pinches me and says, ‘Ya, Mi Young ah, what’s up? You don’t seem yourself today.’

 

I smile widely and say happily, ‘Huh? Nothings up. I’m just so happy today. Do you get that feeling that you’re suddenly really happy one day?’

 

HyunA looks at me strangely. ‘No, not really. I’ve never seen you this happy. I suppose that it’s a good thing then.’ She pulls me towards the lunch tables. ‘Come on!’

 

I drift towards the table slightly absentmindedly and I accidentally bump into Thunder. ‘Oh! Mianhe Thunder oppa!’ I bow and duck out of his way.

 

HyunA pulls me yet again, but this time, towards the door that bore the word, ‘EXIT’. ‘What is with you today? First you act all depressed in the morning, then suddenly you’re like the happiest person in the world! Then two seconds later, you go bumping around into everyone like you don’t have a head anymore!’

 

‘I didn’t bump into everyone. I only walked into Thunder!’

 

‘Hey, that’s only because I pulled you out of the path of everyone that you were about to walk into!’

 

‘Really?’

 

HyunA sighs exasperatingly. ‘You didn’t even notice?’

 

I smile apologetically and shake my head.

 

HyunA whacked me on the head. ‘You’re so unpredictable. But then again, that’s one of the reasons why I wanted to be your friend.’

 

I smile as the bells rings. ‘Thanks.’ HyunA bid me goodbye and goes to her next class, which is a hip hop class, and I go to mine, which is a vocal class.

 

I see G.O. and Seung Ho in the classroom, with a seat next to them, through the glass door. They see me through it as well and gestured for me to go and sit with them. I happily oblige. I take the seat next to them. Five minutes into the lesson, and Thunder suddenly walks into the classroom, a little out of breath.

 

‘Mianhe Teacher Choi, I got my timetable mixed up.’

 

Teacher Choi nods. ’Understandable.’ Take a seat.’ He gestures to the seat next to me. Thunder nods and sits next to me. I smile to him and then turn my attention to Teacher Choi, who was currently talking about the talent show next week.

 

‘Now, I expect at least half the class to participate. For four years in a row, someone from the hip hop class has won the talent show. This year, I am hoping for a vocalist to win.’ My eyes automatically find G.O and Seung Ho. They sigh lazily and look up at Teacher Choi. ‘G.O, Seung Ho I understand that you may not want to participate, but I know that you two are two of the best vocalists in this class.’

 

‘No thanks, Teacher Choi, I’m sorry but I honestly don’t have time,’ says G.O looking regretful.

 

‘Arasso. Seung Ho what about you?’

 

‘I tried out last year. I don’t think I want to be embarrassed again. What about Mi Young? I know that she’s a pretty good singer too.’ I glare at Seung Ho and he grins at me.

 

‘Mi Young, would you like to try out?’ I think about it for a while. This could be a chance to get Joon to finally notice me for who I actually am.

 

I nod and say, ‘I will try out for the talent show.’

 

Teacher Choi nods his head in approval and says, I’m expecting someone else to join her in the talent show too. Please decide by next lesson if you would like to sign up. Oh, and by the way, if no one else signs up, there will be extra homework next time.’ He smiles evilly. Almost immediately, there is an outbreak of whispering and complaining but Teacher Choi ignores all complaints and whines.

 

The rest of the school day goes without much action. The bell finallyringsand signals the end of school.

 

I wait by the lockers and look at my watch. Did Joon forget? I start to panic and I’m about to call him until I see him strolling casually by a group of girls, otherwise known as 2NE1. Thunder’s noona is in 2NE1 and she is totally sweet. Dara sees me, waves, and gestures for me to go over. I give a small smile and then walk towards them. Dara smiles widely, ‘Annyeong Mi Young! How was your day? I see that you’ve got yourself a date with Joon!’

 

I jump up. ‘Date? He only asked me to help me with trigonometry!’

 

Dara grins mischievously. ‘It seems like a date to me!’

 

‘Yah, Dara noona,’ says Joon. ‘Stop making stuff up!’

 

Dara winks and says, ‘Have fun on your date!’ and bounces off.

 

‘Mi Young ah, kaja!’ says Joons, with a little smile, gently pulling on my arm.

 

‘Arasso Lee Joon shi.’ I follow him , but I couldn’t help feeling a little sad, seeing that Joon denied Dara’s assumption about a date.

 

*Get a grip on yourself.* I tell myself firmly. *You know that this isn’t a date. Why are you still upset?*

 

I look up and see Joon looking at me. ‘Are you ok?’

 

I smile. ‘Yes, I’m alright! Kaja!’

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Here is the actual chapter 4. The one that I uploaded before was an unfinished one and a apologise to any readers who got confused because of my carelessness. Sorry!

I hope you enjoy this updated chapter 4 ^^

shannonigan ~