Chapter 1

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

‘YAAAAAHHH!!!!!! MI YOUNG! GET OVER HERE!!!’ My best friend’s commanding voice causes me to suddenly bump against my locker, much to the amusement of the people around me. I sigh as I absentmindedly rub my head, when I see her talking with a bunch of rowdy boys, otherwise known as MBLAQ, in our grade. ‘Mi Young ah!’ calls HyunA, ‘Hurry up! I wanna show you something!’ I sigh again as a speed up my pace until I arrive by her side. ‘Mi Young ah what took you so long? You know I don’t like to wait. HyunA winks at me and said ‘Can you tell me what you think about my new dance routine? I’m supposed to choreograph one for the talent show next week with Joon.’

 

I freeze. I say as coolly as I can, ‘Joon? Are you doing another dance with him?’

 

‘Yeah, and this time, I’m gonna make him see that I’m the perfect girl for him!’

 

My heart stopped beating for a second. Joon. My first love. The guy that I liked before I even knew HyunA. The guy that HyunA, my best friend has lately taken a liking to. The guy that I wish was mine.

 

‘Come on! We’ll show you together!’ HyunA dragged me into the centre of MBLAQ and started dancing with Joon. I watch for a few seconds and then the calm and gentle voice of Thunder distracts me.

 

‘Mi Young ah, are you going to participate in the talent show?’ asks Thunder, looking at me with a cool and calming gaze.

 

‘Mmmm… I don’t know,’ I reply, ‘I don’t think that I’m that talented to be honest.’

 

‘What are you talking about?’ The y voice of Lee Joon suddenly catches my attention. I blush. ‘What about your voice?’

 

‘It’s not that good…’ My voice becomes smaller and smaller before it trails away.

 

HyunA jumps up and down enthusiastically. ‘Yeah! You shoud totally sing a song for the talent show! Your voice is AMAZING. Like AMAZING, and I’m not even kidding!’

 

I snort. ‘Not really… If you want amazing, go and listen to G.O.’

 

The innocent voice of Mir, the maknae of the group pipes up, ‘What about me unnie? Am I not amazingly talented like G.O hyung?’

 

I giggle, ’Unnie?  You’re not a girl!’ HyunA laughs with me.

 

‘Ignore him.’ Seungho, the leader of the group, roll his eyes. ‘He’s just being a babo.’

 

‘Yah, hyung!’ Mir pouts. I couldn’t help but giggle at his aegyo.

 

‘So are you?’ asks Thunder in a serious voice.

 

‘I don’t know.’ I shrug, ‘Maybe later I’ll decide.’ I look over to HyunA, who was currently showing Joon a move which involved creating a y wave with your body. Joon looked like he clearly enjoyed watching her dance. Joon looked up and made eye contact with me for a second. His eyes looked like that they were burning with emotions. Aishhh. I shouldn’t be imagining things. His eyes were probably burning with emotions for HyunA, who was now showing him another y dance move.

 

I sigh softly as I stare at them and say in a false bubbly voice, ’Well I’d better be going. I need to study for the maths exam. It’s in two days and I still don’t understand the quadratic formula!’ I smile brightly and walk away. Leaving my gaze on HyunA and Joon for another few seconds, and before I can prevent it, my lip trembles and I look away quickly. I leave as fast as I can to study, which will take my mind off things for a while.

 

Thunder’s POV

 

I stare at her as she walks away, leaving her gaze on Joon hyung a bit too long. I see her lip tremble before she looks away.