Chapter 12

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

Joon’s POV

 

I cradle Mi Young as she stirs in my arms. I look down at her sleeping face. She looks so innocent and peaceful. I sigh. This is already the second time that I couldn’t protect her from Chae Rin, Soo Min and Tae Hee. Last time in kindergarten, I regretted not being able to help her, so, so much. Last time she cried as everyone laughed at her. I only watched as she was humiliated. I vowed to protect her in any way that I could, but I failed. Again.

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

I can feel the thumping of his heart, and I stir. I feel him tighten his grip on me. I hear him carrying me to the nurse’s room, and I hear the door open. He lays me on the bed and I hear him sit on the chair next to me. I leave my eyes closed, and I’m about to fall asleep, when I feel something moving on my thigh. I peek through my eyelashes and see Joon me. I freeze, but I don’t want him to stop.

 

I lie there as I feel Joon gently me, and slowly drift into sleep.

 

 

***

 

Thunder’s POV

 

I look around the school grounds. It’s almost totally empty right now. I got kicked out of the locker block, because they had to lock up. I sigh and lean back towards the wall. Its een over an hour since school ended. Where was Mi Young? I sigh and dial her number for the twenty sixth time. No answer. I dial her number again and this time, someone picks up. ‘Hello?’ It’s Joon hyung. My heart sinks.

 

‘Ah Thunder!’

 

‘Ah. Hyung.’ I say a little half heartedly

 

‘What’s wrong? Why are you calling Mi Young?’ he asks. I can imagine him narrowing his eyes slightly.

 

‘Oh, its nothing hyung, just tell her I called.’ I hung up and sighed again, my heart slightly aching. Half heartedly, I began to head home.

 

Joon’s POV

 

Thunder’s words left me standing there, holding her phone. What was happening between them? I know that there’s something, and I don’t like it. I put her phone down and looked at her flawless face, and sigh.

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

I open my eyes and sit up. I’m in a completely different room. To my surprise, Joon is still here. How long was I asleep? I rub my eyes and Joon looks at me and asks, ‘Hey, are you ok?’

 

I yawn. ‘Um, I think so.’ I look down at my arm instinctively and give a start. My injured arm is now in a cast, and it is neatly folded in a sling. I frown.

 

‘How long have I been asleep?’

 

‘A few hours. After you fell asleep in the nurses room, the ambulance came and took you here. Then they put your arm in a cast and left you to wake up.’ Joon says the words softly and gently, as if his words can comfort me.

 

I nod silently and stare at my hands. The door opens, and a nurse walks in she’s holding a tray full of food.

 

‘Hello Mi Young. Are you ok?’

 

I nod.

 

‘Here’s your dinner. Try to eat what you can, as we were told by Lee Chang Sun shi that you didn’t have anything to eat since breakfast.’

 

I glance over at Joon, but he says to the nurse, ‘Yes. I will make sure that she eats well.’

 

 

The nurse gives a polite nod and says to me, ‘You’re free to leave the hospital today, or if you wish to stay another day, tomorrow. However, you need to arrange another appointment before you leave ok?’

 

I nod, and she leaves the room.

 

‘Mi Young ah, do you want to leave today or tomorrow?’

 

I look up to Joon and reply, ‘Today if possible. I need to study for the History exam next Friday, because I didn’t get a chance to, because I was studying for maths.’ I frown, because there was something else that I needed to do, but I can’t remember it. ‘I’m sure there was something else that I had to do, but I can’t remember it.’

 

‘It’s ok, I’m sure you’ll remember soon, just as long as its not something extremely important.’

 

I nod, and say, ‘Lee Joon sunbae, can you send me to the train station?’

 

‘The train? Why would you go to the train station?’

 

‘To go home.’

 

‘You’re not catching a train home. I’m sending you home,’ he says with a tone of finality.

 

I look down and say, ‘You don’t have to go to all that trouble.’

 

‘No. I’m sending you home and that’s final.’

 

I can feel the heat creeping into my cheeks, and say in a small voice, ‘Thank you Lee Joon sunbae.’

 

He smiles slightly and touches my cheek, ‘Call me oppa.’

 

I smile and say, ‘Arasso, oppa.’ He smiles back and then leads me to his car (yes, his car which I find hard to believe), and he gently helps me into the seat.

 

I look out the window as he starts to drive. The city of Seoul is a blur of flashing lights and tall modern buildings, and I sigh in content. I close my eyes. After what seems a minute later, I’m gently shaken awake by Joon sunbae. I look around and see my home. I must have fallen asleep. I thank Joon and awkwardly manoeuvre myself out of his car, being careful not to bump my broken arm. Joon gets out of his car and takes my bag. He follows me to the front door and stands beside me. My younger brother answers the door.

 

‘Noona! Are you ok?’ Before I get a chance to answer he looks at Joon. ‘Ah! Hyung! Long time no see! What’s up? Come in! I want to show you my newest video game!’

 

Joon just laughs and says, ‘Sorry , I have to go Daekyung, He ducks his head slightly and walks back towards his car. ‘I’ll see you later Daekyung! Bye Mi Young! See you at school!’ His car drives away.

 

Daekyung turns to me, ‘Ya! Noona, why did he go so early? Was it something you did?’ He narrows his eyes. ‘Ya, Nooonaaaaaaaaa!!!!! You knew that I wanted to see hyung!!!!’ he complains, and I just smile and walk upstairs to my room.

 

Joon’s POV

 

As I drive home, I was thinking about Mi Young. I knew that there was something that I needed to tell her. I just couldn’t remember what it was.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys!

I’m sorry but I lied TT^TT

I won’t update very often now. I’ll start to add a few chapters at once and update once in a while (once in a while being long time)

Until next time!

shannonigan ~