Chapter 14

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

I’m the only person in class right now. Out of boredom, I walk over to the window, the one with the clear view of the quadrangle, and look out. I spy HyunA linking arms with Joon, skipping. Joon looks at her, and I think he smiles at her. He glances up, but I’m not sure if he sees me. I hope he didn’t. I turn away with my heart aching slightly, but I decide to not dwell on it. Is it at my table and shuffle my music notes. Music… I feel like there as something I’d forgotten that had something to do with it, but I quickly decide that it’s unimportant. I sigh again and put my head on the table. I must have dozed off, because when I wake up to HyunA’s poking, the room is filled with students.

 

I rub my eyes. ‘What time is it?’

 

‘It’s 7:45.’

 

‘Already? What did I miss?’

 

‘Ummmmm… let me see… Nothing much. Teacher yang just said something about the talent quest being postponed to next, next week because something is gonna happen this week.’

 

‘Oh… ok.’

 

I frown and decide to open my timetable. Maths next period. I groan and slam the bok shut.

 

‘Whats up?’ asks HyunA.

 

‘Maths is next period.’

 

‘Oh ew. I don’t really like maths. It’s so annoying to do.’ HyunA nods enthusiastically. ‘But then we get to find out our math results!’

 

‘You want to know your math result?’ I asks, amazed.

 

‘Uh huh! Then I can see whether I’m in Joonie oppa’s class next year!’

 

‘Oh ok.’ I should’ve known.

 

The bell rings, loud and clear, marking the end of the period.

 

 

***

 

'Kim HyunA!’

 

‘Here! She waits and Teacher Sun hands her her math test back. She looks at it and says, ‘What is the passping mark for the top class?’

 

‘As far as I know, at least 92%.’ She immediately loks dejected.

 

‘Kim Mi Young!’

 

I raise my hand. Teacher Sun drops my test in front of me and I stare at it, stunned. 97%. I quickly flip it over, but not before HyunA mangages to see.

 

‘Wow Mi Young!’ That’s such a good mark!’ She cries out loudly.

 

‘HyunA! What did she get!’ asks a classmate.

 

‘She got 97%!’ I feel myself turning redder and redder. I slowly slide down my seat and allow my hair to cover my face.

 

‘Wow!’

 

‘HyunnnAAAAAAA!!’ I complain but she ignores me, her eyes sparkling.

 

‘Mi Young! You’re gonna be in Joonie oppa’s class. He just texted me!’

 

I raise my eyebrows and look over to her phone. I see over a hundred textx to each other. I feel a small pang but I ignore it.

 

‘You lucky thing,’ she says enviously, ‘I wanted to be in his class. Then we could’ve sat together!’ She looks over to me. ‘And you could’ve sat with Thunder oppa! You guys look so cute together! Speaking of which, let’s go to the ice cream shop on the main road! For our double date I mean.’

 

‘Ah? Ok then.’ I look down, unsure of myself. I begin to do the advanced coordinate geometry questions that Teacher Sun set us, but HyunA pulls my book away and closes it.

 

‘Mi Young, I need to tell you something,’ She says seriously, her eyes blinking.

 

‘What is it?’ *Did you get over Joon?* I think in my head, and look at her expectantly.

 

‘I want to ask Joonie oppa on a real date, after the double date. I’m sure he’ll want to go out with me.’

 

My heart shatters, and I remember them linking arms, and them smiling at each other. I remember that they’re presenting a dance together and how much time they would’ve spent with each other. It seemed inevitable that they would fall for each other.

 

I look up at her with a fake smile and say in a birght voice, ‘Oh MY GOSH HYUNA! YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT!’

 

Her eyes widen and she says, ‘Really? I totally should right?’

 

I nod enthusiastically, ‘Yep! It’ll be great!’

 

She smiles and nods.

 

HyunA’s POV

 

Thank goodness. He must like me then. If Mi Young knows it then it must be true.He shows it then. He never showed that much emotion when we were practising our dance, but I guess that that was because he was nervous. Joonie oppa has fallen for me. I smile and lean back on a chair, and nod. After our double date, Then ’ll ask him.

 

____________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I'm sorry that this is a short chapter update, but I've finally posted my second 

fanfic! Feel free to take a look!

Melting the Ice Prince

please comment + subscribe

ps. everytime i get a comment my mood immediately gets better :)

 

until next time!

shannonigan ~