Chapter 10

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

‘Hey.’ Thunder arrives in the classroom 5 minutes early and sits next to me. ‘Have you decided on a song you want us to do for the talent show?’

 

I shake my head and say flatly, ‘You can decide. I don’t care anymore.’

 

Thunder furrows his brow but doesn’t argue. ‘Ok then, do you want to meet after school to pick a song?’

 

‘Ok, but I don’t know. How to play many songs on the guitar.’

 

‘It’s ok. I’m sure you we can find to music for the song. ’

 

I give a small smile and say, ‘Arasso.’

 

‘Ok then. Let’s go find the song after school ok?’

 

I nod again and just then, the bell rings, and we can hear the thundering of feet outside our classroom.

 

‘I’ll meet you near the lockers ok?’

 

I smile a little wider and say in a small voice, ‘Thank you Thunder oppa. I’m really grateful for your help.’

 

‘It’s ok.’ Thunder catches my hand and squeezes it. ‘Anything to make you happier.’

 

The door bangs opens and our classmates begin filing in.

 

Thunder lets go of my hand and I stare at the blank TV screen, and I vaguely hear people talking around me.

 

Mi Young ah.’

 

Eh?’ I say, still staring at the TV.

 

Mi Young.’

 

Yes?’ I say, turning my head in the direction of the voice. It’s Seung Ho

 

Mi Young ah, Joon seemed a little angry at break time. You were the last person he talked to. Do you know what happened?’ he asks.

 

I feel myself blush but I lie again. ‘No, sorry.’

 

Oh, ok.’ Seung Ho looks confused for some reason. ‘Never mind.’

 

Teacher Choi walks in and we all fall silent. He faces us and looks disappointed. ‘Why is it that only Mi Young is auditioning for the talent show? I expected more people to try out. If someone else auditions, then I’ll give something for the whole class.’

 

I see Tae Hee stick up her hand and say, ‘What will that “something” be?’’

 

I’ll tell you if someone else volunteers.’

 

Tae Hee frowns, and looks over to Thunder, and says, ‘I’ll audition!’

 

Oh! Good! Thank you for volunteering, Tae Hee, you and Mi Young can come to me if you need any help ok?’

 

Teacher Choi begins handing out some sheet music and when he’s distracted, Tae Hee runs over to Thunder and sits on on his lap and snuggles up to him. He jerks away from her and pushes her off his lap, with a confused expression on his face. Tae Hee looks offended, but she sits on his table. ‘Cheon Doong ah, do you want to audition for the talent show with me?’ she says in her baby voice, fluttering her long eyelashes at him.Thunder looks surprised and replies, ‘Sorry Tae Hee, I’m auditioning with someone else.’

 

Tae Hee looks shocked, but then quickly recovers and asks, ‘Well, do you want to come with me to the ice cream shop this afternoon?’

 

Sorry, but I have something on this afternoon.’ He stands up and walks away.

 

Tae Hee looks more offended than ever and says to me in a disbelieving voice, ‘Did you see what he just did? No one rejects a date with me!’ She narrows her eyes and says darkly, ‘I don’t know who or what is more important than me to oppa, but I’m going to make them pay. I swallow. She slides off the table and struts back to her seat.

 

I sit alone for a while, and Thunder returns. ‘Oh dear. I guess Tae Hee still hasn’t given up.’

 

‘Given up? What do you mean?’ I ask, genuinely perplexed.

 

‘I mean, that she still tries to ask me out, even though I’ve rejected her many, many times.’

 

‘Oh. Why?’

 

‘Because there’s someone else that I like.’ replies Thunder, staring blankly at the wall.

 

‘Oh... then that girl must be very lucky then!’ I say, trying to brighten him up, but he looks more despairing than ever.

 

‘No, you won’t understand. Never mind.’ He looks so depressed that I look away, and force myself to be absorbed in my pencil case.

 

I vaguely hear Teacher Choi lecturing the class, but I’m determined to avoid eye contact with Thunder.

 

The bell finally rings, and I escape from the classroom as quickly as I can.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

Hello again! 

 

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I;ve been distracted by my school studies TT^TT

I was also starting to write a new fanfic, and I will show you the link when I finish the basic plot!

Until next time!

 

shannonigan ~