Chapter 9

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

‘PENS DOWN AND WAIT FOR ME TO COLLECT YOUR PAPERS! ALSO, DO NOT TALK UNTIL I HAVE COLLECTED EVERYONE’S PAPERS!’ Teacher Sun’s voice echoes around the room. I yawn. It took all my will to not fall asleep during the test. I was on the verge of drifting into a slumber several times.

 

Teacher Sun is currently walking around the room I place my papers into a neat pile. I look over to HyunA, who looks very relaxed, and I see other classmates looking worried. I turn my head to where Joon is sitting and he catches my eye. I give him what I hope is an encouraging smile. He gives me an ‘oh well’ expressions in return and shrugs. Oh dear. I hope he didn’t forget what I taught him yesterday about trigonometry. Then again, ice cream was a big distraction.

 

As soon as Teacher Sun dismisses us, HyunA jumps onto me.

 

‘Mi Young ah! Who do you want to be in a cabin with?’

 

‘Mmmmm… I don’t know. You can decide. Just as long I’m in a cabin with you.’

 

Oh ok. I’ll get back to you ok?’ she says and skips off.

 

I nod and head to the cafeteria. I get my food and look around. There’s no sign of HyunA. My second choice is to go and sit where MBLAQ are, and I head in their direction when a voice stops me.

 

Mi Young!’ I turn. It’s Chae Rin, one of the school queenkas. ‘Do you want to sit with us?’ she asks raising an elegant eyebrow.

 

I glance over at MBLAQ, who are acting like idiots. I saw no trace of the amazing singers I saw this morning. Apart from HyunA, I didn’t actually have any close girl friends. This could be a chance for me to make more.

 

Ok.’

 

Hey Soo Min, move over a bit. Mi Young is going to sit with us today.’ says Chae Rin nudging another queenka. I sit in the group of three queenkas who all seem nice at first, but I know that they have the potential to make your social life a mess. I swallow and hasten to eat my food.

 

Yah, Tae Hee, where’d you get that colour nail polish? I want a shade like that. Not that I’m saying my nail polish is ugly, I’m just saying that I need a better nail polish to make my hands look even more elegant,’ says Soo Min arrogantly.

 

It’s from overseas, so you won’t be able to get it,’ says Tae Hee, the third queenka, with a hint of a smirk on her face. I recognise her as the cool girl in my vocal class.

 

Yah. Where?’

 

I forgot the name of the shop.’

 

Aishh. Seriously?’

 

Yeah.’ Tae Hee smirks. Soo Min rolls her eyes.

 

So Mi Young, what’s it like following HyunA around every day?’ asks Chae Rin, and I give a start.

 

Huh? What do you mean? I don’t follow her around. She’s just a friend.’

 

Oh please. You can’t be serious,’ scoffs Soo Min, ‘You’re just her follower.’

 

I shake my head vigorously. ‘No. She’s just one of my closest friends.’

 

Ok then,’ says Tae Hee ‘If you’re one of her close friends then you can tell her to stop hanging around all our oppas.’ Her tone sounds slightly y.

 

‘What do you mean? As in MBLAQ?’ I ask, uncomfortable.

 

‘Tell her to stop flirting with them.’ says Soo Min in a slightly commanding voice.

 

‘She doesn’t flirt with them,’ I say angrily. ‘Why do you guys assume so much? She’s just friends with them.’

 

‘Oh no. Much more than friends.’ hisses Tae Hee, her eyes flashing angrily.

 

‘No. Just friends.’ I insist.

 

‘Oh really? Have you seen the way she behaves around Lee Joon oppa?’ asks Chae Rin dangerously

 

Yes.

 

Yes I have.

 

But I lie for her sake.

 

‘No.’

 

Soo Min sighs in exasperation. ‘Yah, unnie, she’s not getting it. Just get to the point!’

 

‘Ok, ok whatever. Just tell that to stay away from MBLAQ. Especially Lee Joon!’ says Chae Rin.

 

And Thunder. Thunder oppa is mine.’ hisses Tae Hee.

 

I look around the table. How quickly the atmosphere around the table changed. I stand up abruptly. ‘I’m done. Bye.’

 

I walk as fast as I can away from them and in my rush, I accidentally bump into Joon.

 

‘Oh! Mianhe Lee Joon sunbae.’ I say as I bow.

 

‘Yah, didn’t I tell you to call me oppa?’ he says, his eyes sparkling.

 

‘Oh! Mianhe oppa!’ I say again, bowing a second time.

 

‘Whats up Mi Young? You seem not yourself,’ he asks in concern.

 

‘N–Nothing’ I stutter, risking a glance over at the queenka’s table, who were eyeing me dangerously. ‘Um... I need to get to class now.’ I brush past him, into the corridors.

 

I hear Joon following me so I quicken my pace. I doesn’t work. In a matter of seconds, Joon catches up to me and touches my cheek. ‘Hey it’s ok. If it’s about those queenkas then there’s nothing to worry about.’

 

I smile falsely, ‘No, no it’s nothing. It’s nothing to do with them,’ I lie.

 

‘You know, I can tell when you’re lying. What is it?’ asks Joon again, although this time, his voice a tiny bit harsher.

 

‘No.’ I say stubbornly. ‘Not telling.’ I have no intention to tell anyone about the queenkas. I push past him and arrive in my vocal class 10 minutes early.

 

I collapse on my seat and think over on my messed up life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello again! I'll try to upload more often at home,

because asianfanfics is now blocked on my school laptop. ):

I don't know if you like the introduction of queenkas into this

story, but I hope you won't be angry about if you don't like it. :)

see you next chapter!

 

shannonigan ~