Chapter 6

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

I wake up with a start and realise that it’s 5 o’clock in the morning. I sigh. There’s no need for me to go to sleep again seeing as I need to leave by 6:30. I pack my bag and force myself to read my maths textbook. My eyes stare at the words and I don’t take anything in. Finally I give up and resort to watching the clock hands move. When the hour hand reaches 6, I leave the house. I sit at the bus stop, in the cold, for half an hour. The bus finally arrives and I hurry to the back of the bus, where everyone will ignore me. After a few stops, someone comes and sits opposite me. A closer look tells me that it is Lee Joon and he’s holding a maths textbook as well. When he looks up, I give a start and bury my face behind my textbook. I try to cover my name written in bold letters, on the front of my textbook with my hand, but I am unsuccessful.

 

‘Mi Young ah, is that you?’ I silently cringe and move my textbook away from my face, to see Joon staring at me curiously. ‘Why are you hiding?’

 

‘Huh? I’m not hiding! I um...’ I think frantically for an excuse. I- I like smelling new books!’ I gabble, saying the first thing that comes to mind.

 

Joon looks at me strangely and smiles. ‘Really? I’ve never done that.’

 

‘Haven’t you? Well, um… I think it’s just me who does that.’

 

Joon smiles again and I can feel myself blush again. I duck my head behind the book. ‘Aaaaahhh. It smells so nice!’ I say loudly, causing a few passengers to look at me with strange looks on their faces. I blush again and apologise to them.

 

From the corner of my eye, I see Joon shaking and for a moment, I think he’s having some sort of seizure, until I realise that he’s laughing silently. ‘M- Mianhe Mi Young! You’re so cute and hopeless!’

 

‘Eh?’ I stare at him laughing and fight the smile threatening to appear on my face. As I gaze out the window in satisfaction, I can only think about one thing. ‘Lee Chang Sun just called me cute.’

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

hello again!

I'm sorry for not updating in a long time, and for this extremely short chapter, but I promise that I'll update more often now. :)

shannonigan ~