Chapter 5

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

Joon leads me towards an ice-cream shop.

 

‘Are we going to eat ice cream while studying?’ I ask.

 

‘Yeah,’ Joon smiles mischievously.

 

‘But ice cream’s going to be a very big distraction!’ I protest.

 

Joon shakes his head and says, ‘No it won’t, I promise.’ He smiles again and I melt at his smile. He pulls gently again and he enters the ice-cream shop, with me trailing behind slightly. He takes a little corner booth, away from the other customers, so we would have some privacy. As I unpack my bag, Joon gets up and says to me, ‘Wait here ok?’

 

‘Ok, Lee Joon shi.’ I dig in my bag to find my calculator. Damn. Where was it? I begin to empty my bag’s contents on the table. Loud cluttering sounds fill the small shop as I hurriedly apologise to the people in the shop, for interrupting their peace. I place everything back in my bag and sigh. I don’t have my calculator and I always use my calculator in trigonometry.

 

Joon returns with two large ice cream sundaes. He sets one in front of me. ‘What’s wrong?’ He asks me gently.

 

‘I’m sorry Lee Joon sunbae. I can’t find my calculator so I can’t help you with trigonometry today.’

 

Joon stares at me cutely. ‘First of all, don’t call me Lee Joon shi. You can just call me Joon oppa. Secondly, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have a calculator, because I have one and we can use it. Finally, you should hurry up and eat your sundae, because the sauce is about to drip off.’

 

I blink. ‘You’re not angry?’

 

Joon shrugs. ‘Why would I be?’

 

‘But, Lee Joo-’

 

‘You can just call me oppa.’

 

I hesitate. ‘Arasso.’ I bring my gaze up into his gorgeous eyes. ‘Joon oppa…’

 

‘Yeah?’

 

‘Why aren’t you angry? Shouldn’t you be at least a little mad at me for wasting your time?’

 

‘No.’ There was an awkward pause.

 

‘Anyway, now that we have a calculator to use, what part don’t you understand?’ I say briskly, feeling a little uncomfortable as he was gazing at me intensely again.

 

‘Everything.’

 

‘Everything? Didn’t you just have a little bit that you didn’t understand?’

 

‘No, I don’t understand you.’ He said softly

 

My eyes widen. He continues to gaze at me. I swallow, ‘Ummmm… ok. Right should I go back to the basic parts of trigonometry?’ Joon nods silently.

 

‘Ok, so do you understand that there is sine, cosine and tangent?’ Another nod. ‘So, in right angled triangles, there are three sides – the hypotenuse, the adjacent side and the side opposite to the angle. Do you understand?’

 

‘I understand Mi Young.’ After another hour of trigonometry, I finally get through everything that’ll be tested. I start packing my stuff up again, and once again I see Joon staring at me. I drop my gaze down to the floor and feel heat rush into my cheeks. I stand up. ‘Lee Joon oppa, I will be going now. I have to finish studying for the maths test as well!’ I smile and walk out the door.

 

As I walk home, I scold myself about my behaviour in front of Joon. ‘Why did I act like that? Why didn’t I actually talk to him instead of spending almost all of the time tutoring him? Aishhh.’ I mess up my hair and plug in my earphones. Just before I turn into my street, the weather decides to change and it starts drizzling. Perfect. It reflects my mood exactly. I arrive home, with my hair dripping wet and take a quick shower. After I finish, I collapse on my bed and fall asleep.

 

*Flashback*

 

The first day of high school saw me shocked. Lee Joon was there, surrounded with a bunch of rowdy boys. HyunA had jumped up and down excitedly and said, ‘Aren’t those boys cute?’

 

I had pretended to be very interested in them and said, ‘Mmmmm… They’re alright.’

 

HyunA whipped her head around, and her long flowing hair whacked my face. I wince. ‘Sorry Mi Young! But anyway, what do you mean “They’re alright.” They’re so cute!’

 

‘Which one do you think is the best looking?’

 

HyunA inspected the group and said. ‘That one. I think his name’s Lee Jung or something.’

 

‘Lee Joon’ I correct automatically.

 

HyunA looked at me and said, ‘You know him? Great! That’s awesome! Now you can introduce me to him!’ Without waiting for an answer, HyunA dragged me over to Lee Joon and whispered to me, ‘Come on! Introduce me!’

 

I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around, and his gorgeous eyes bore into me. I swallowed. ‘Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Joon sunbaenim. Long time no see. This is my best friend HyunA, and she thinks you’re cute.’ I gesture to HyunA who looked embarrassed but said nonetheless, ‘Annyeonghaseyo Lee Joon shi! My name is HyunA and I’m pleased to be your acquaintance!’

 

Joon had blinked and said, ‘Annyeonghaseyo HyunA. My name is Lee Joon. These are my friends, Thunder, Seung Ho, G.O and Mir.

 

We exchanged quick introductions and then we had to head off to class. HyunA was gushing over Joon. ‘Mi Young did you see his eyes? They’re so pretty! And that smile is utterly adorable!’ Of course, I had noticed these things a long time ago, but I don’t tell her that. Instead, I agreed with her and pretended to admire Thunder, who looked very innocent. After our math class, HyunA and I separated and went to our different classes, hers a ballet lesson and mine, musical theatre.

 

After class, during the morning break, HyunA had rushed over to me and practically squealed, ‘Lee Joon is in my ballet class! He dances so well! The ballet teacher even paired us up to practise until the end of the semester! Isn’t that great?’

 

I had smiled and jumped up and down, squealing with her, for her sake. In the inside though, my heart was slowly breaking.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hello my lovely readers!

YAY! update! ^^

So far I've been fangirling over Lee Joon again! :D

LEE JOON SARANGHAE!!

Anyways.

I've been thinking about writing a new fanfic, maybe with Beast?

I dunno. If you want, please leave your suggestions in the comments section ^^

Thanks!

shannonigan ~