Chapter 18

Oppa, When Will You Notice Me?

 

Joon’s POV

 

It’s the first day of school after the double date. HyunA clutches my arm, and people are staring. I blush and we turn into another corridor.

 

Mi Young is standing there, talking to Thunder. She’s smiling and waves at us. Thunder is also smiling, and that causes a pang in my heart. HyunA is already bouncing towards them and I just follow her aimlessly.

 

‘Annyeong!’ Mi Young seems perfectly happy with Thunder. My heart sinks.

 

‘Annyeong Mi Young! How was your weekend? After our double date I mean.’

 

‘Hmmm? Oh it was good,’ she says vaguely.

 

‘Ah, arasso! Do you want to go to class now?’ HyunA asks Mi Young.

 

‘Oh, but we have our elective first period. You have dance class with Joon. I’ll go with oppa to vocal class.’

 

She pulls Thunder, and the two of them walk down the corridor to their classroom.

 

‘Joonie oppa! Kaja!’ I look down at HyunA’s beaming face. She slips her hand into mine, and we walk to the dance studio.

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

During class time, I sit with Thunder, and we look over the lyrics that Bom sunbaenim gave us. She also included the guitar chords, which was sweet of her. Teacher Choi kindly excused us from the lesson, as he childishly wanted us to beat the hip hop group that was also entering.

 

‘It’s the least I can do you help you,’ he had insisted. ‘I really want you two to win.’ He had then swept back into the classroom, and left the two of us in the recording studio. It’s kind of surprising how our school is so rich, we have several dance studios and 3 recording studios. Then again, our school does have a scholarship in the arts, and most students are quite talented in dancing, singing, acting etc.

 

‘Hmmm…’ Thunder was deep in thought. ‘Do you want me to start off the song, or did you want to?’

 

I shrug nonchalantly. ‘I don’t mind. You can start if you like.’

 

Thunder smiled and said, ‘Ok then. I’ll start the song off.’

 

We planned to sit there for the rest of the period, to practise our harmonising and guitar chords, but more than halfway through the period though, Tae Hee bursts out of the classroom and snuggles up to Thunder, eyes me dangerously as she does so. A lot of communication can happen between eye contact, and her one clearly spelt out, ‘BACK OFF . HE’S MINE’ I didn’t flinch or anything, rather I just totally ignored her presence while she was there. Concentrating hard on the lyrics, from my peripheral vision, I can tell that Tae Hee is trying to get up close and personal him Thunder, but he just ignores her.

 

‘Opppaaaaa! Come with me to the library after school ok? I want to show you something,’ she says in her babyish voice, prodding his arm gently.

 

‘Sorry Tae Hee, I can’t.’

 

Finally she gives up, but glares at me as she struts back into the classroom.

 

Tae Hee’s POV

 

That . Trying to take oppa away from me! I eye her as I snuggle to oppa, but he ignores me. That stupid scheming . She took Thunder away from me. After I tried heaps of times, he still ignores me.

 

No way am I going to lose to her.

 

No way.

 

No one can take oppa away from me.

 

No one.

 

HyunA’s POV

 

‘Oppa! What if we do this?’ I flick my hair and move my body, feeling the emotions run through my limbs.’

 

Our dance teacher let oppa and me to practise our dance. Can you believe that this class won the talent show four year in a row? That’s a really long streak. I know why teacher doesn’t want to lose that streak.

 

‘Oh, that’s a good one.’ Joonie says, but I can see that he doesn’t seem himself today. I wonder what happened? Oppa an empty look in his eyes and I feel sad for him. I don’t say anything though, he’ll get too sad if I say anything.

 

 

Joon’s POV

 

I simply look at HyunA as she enthusiastically choreographs our dance. Her bright, smiling face claws my heart and I drop my head in shame.

 

I’m sorry HyunA.

 

I’m sorry that I don’t feel the same way as you do.

 

I wish I did.

 

That would make things so much easier.

 

I’m sorry.

 

I’m sorry that I fell for Mi Young.

 

I hope that time will change my feelings.

 

I’m sorry.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

so i finally updated, even though it's short :(

i'm really sorry guys, but i felt the need to update because i didn't want you guys to wait for too long.

if any of you missed the advertising chapter before haha :)

please check the story out on my joint account with charmallama:

panda_and_llama, and please check out the story:

The Story of Me and the Idiot Next Door (we changed the title name because we thought that 'Stuff You! Kris Wu!' was a little bit weird haha X))

 

so thats all!

 

comment + subscribe + upvote (if you're willing to) please :D

 

until next time!

shannonigan ~