Let the interrogation commence

My Amajjing In-Laws



Yoonhyun


TaeNy Residence: 2nd floor: Seohyun’s Room




“I think your appa’s clothes are a little tight…” Yoona said as she tried to breath in Taeyeon’s clothes, checking her reflection with a full length mirror hanging on one side of Seohyun’s room.


“But it looks good on you. It’s almost as if it’s meant to be tight around here”, Seohyun said as she tugged on the fabric, helping Yoona adjust her fresh clothes.


Her Taeyeon appa already looked like a cute doll, so wearing slightly masculine clothes such as this one looked balanced on her although Yoona made it work just as well with her lean figure.


She must admit: Yoona gave the seemingly vintage vest a y, feminine touch although she thinks Yoona looked good in whatever she wore--even the ragged sweats and loose t-shirts she wore around their apartment like a homeless hobo.


“I’m uncomfortable wearing this…”


“Why?”


“Well…it’s your mom’s. And it looks expensive. What if I accidentally rip it?”


“Just be careful with it then” Seohyun said, knowing her appa Taeyeon would nit-pick at every little move Yoona made.


“But if you want, you can borrow my cousin’s clothes instead. I think you guys are about the same size”, Seohyun added.


“Why can’t I just borrow some clothes from you?”


“Because I only packed enough for myself”


Yoona sighed in defeat.


“Your cousin lives with your parents?”


“Yes, her room is just down the hall although she’s still away at summer camp”


“Why is she staying with you guys rather than her own family?”


“Her family is going through a little problem right now so my parents offered to take her in for a while”


“Oh…well that’s thoughtful of your parents”


“Yes, we’re very protective of the people we love”


“I don’t doubt that one bit…”






“Oh God, this really reminds me of the old hag…she wears things like this too”, Yoona continually checked herself out, wincing at the thought of her even resembling her annoying appa, Yuri. 


“I can’t wait to meet your parents as well…”


“Don’t worry. They’ll love you. You seem like their ideal daughter, after all. My mom Jessica will like you especially; although she can seem rather cold on the outside, she’s actually very sweet and caring…Much like you, now that I think about it…

But just stay away from Yuri appa; she’s a ert”


‘Well…that doesn’t come as a surprise…you must’ve inherited it from someone, after all’, Seohyun thought.


"She’s not so bad thought...once you get used to her ersion. She did help me get this present for your parents, after all”


“What present?”


Yoona opened Seo’s bag which lay on the floor.


“Good thing I packed it with your stuff…YAH! Where is it?!”, Yoona freaked out when she looked at Seohyun’s empty baggage.


“Are you talking about this?”, Seohyun pointed at a reasonably heavy box she unpacked earlier.


Yoona breath out in relief before heading over to the box to check for any external damages. Nothing. 'Perfect, this will definitely win Taeyeon over...'


“You got my parents a present? Yoona…that’s so sweet of you”, Seohyun smiled at her.


Yoona could only broadly smile back. “You mentioned before that your appa was in the rare-flower business, right?”


“Yes, although she doesn’t work anymore”, Seohyun says as she walked over to Yoona.


“She was in that business for what? Like 20 years? I’m sure she still maintains an interest”. Although Taeyeon doesn’t look like someone who would be into flowers...she hoped she was right. But who was she to judge? Her own appa Yuri doesn’t look like the type to take up gardening either.


“Regardless, I’m sure she’ll like my gift since it’s more personalized. Better than some cliché champagne anyway”


“It’s not champagne then?” Seohyun asked in surprise…she was sure it was some type of drink after hearing it clank when putting it away.


“No, it’s so much better than that”, Yoona took Seohyun's hand and kissed it before pulling her towards the door to head downstairs.


"C'mon! I can't wait 'til your parents see it!"




---------------------------------------------------------




YoonHyun-TaeNy


TaeNy Residence: 1st floor: Secondary living room






“You shouldn’t have!” Fany said excitedly looking down a bowl of dirt although she didn’t have a clue what it was exactly.


'What the hell is this...', Taeyeon thought, completely failing to hide her distaste in confusion which further disheartened the bearer of the gift.


“Aww, Yoona! Thank you. Taengoo…isn’t she sweet?”


“Oh…yes yes. It’s quite nice”, Taeyeon said as she recovered and handed Yoona a glass of the alcohol juice she whipped up in their mini bar before taking her seat beside her wife, right across from YoonHyun.


Unaware of the alcohol, Yoona gulped down the entire glass in one swift motion, which Taeyeon didn’t fail to notice. Nonetheless, she kept refilling Yoona’s cup as to be a good host…especially with Fany eyeing her every move. Was this girl an alcoholic? Even she couldn’t down that kind of strong drink that fast… nor that many. Unknown to her, Yoona would’ve actually winced at the stinging sensation in had she not been too busy being nervous.


“Look Taeyeon, it even has dirt in it!”, the way Tiffany excitedly stated it, it seemed as if there was gold inside rather than dirt; after all, she was trying to put the poor nervous girl at ease.


“Well actually, the real gift is what’s planted in the soil itself. It’s a bulb of the Jerusalem tulip”, now reassured, Yoona smiled at Tiffany then Taeyeon---the mother that needed to be impressed the most.


Taeyeon gave her a blank stare. 


Silence.


“*Ahem*. Which I was told is the most beautiful and rarest flower in existence?”, Yoona looked up expectantly, hoping she managed to impress Taeyeon.


“Oh right right, the Jerusalem tulip---From the "Jerusales tulipesias" genus. Yes, yes”, Taeyeon recovered and nodded knowingly as she pet Jinxy in her lap. 


‘For a rare-flower expert…she doesn’t know a lot about them…’, Yoona thought.


“Well anyway, my mom actually helped me pick this out. She said with regular water and enough sunlight, it should bloom in about 6 months…”


“Hmm I see. Well…we’ll be looking forward ‘til that day comes”, Taeyeon said indifferently, obviously not impressed by the present.


The four sat in awkward silence, all four picking up their glass of alcohol and drinking it at the same time.


It was so quiet you could hear the gulping noises as they all downed their drinks as slowly as possible.




....




“So, you say that your mom helped you with this, Yoona? She seems knowledgeable in this department. What exactly do your parents do for a living?”, Taeyeon began.


“Well, that’s just her hobby. She’s actually a lawyer while my other mother is in the healthcare business as I am”


“Ohh a lawyer like Seohyun huh? I can’t help but think this isn’t just a coincidence…you know what they say: Our lovers tend to possess the same traits as our parents~…now that I think about it, you do act exactly like my father…”, Tiffany stated as she looked at Taeyeon with the latter giving her a disapproving look.


“Haha well, yes. We usually have over-worked and stressed people suffering symptoms of over-exhaustion and fatigue admitted into my ward. That’s how I met Seohyun after all. It’s funny you should say that because I believe my parents meet under similar circumstances”


“Oh that’s so cute~! But Seobaby, I told you to stop overworking yourself! Consider yourself lucky your persistence to work led you to someone like her…aish~ she’s just like you, Taengoo”


“Mom~”, Seohyun whined, embarrassed.


“Hmm but I’m trying to recall how we first met…”, Tiffany turns to Taeyeon who could only raise an eyebrow, as if warning her not to say anything.


“Oh that’s right! I ran away fro—“


Taeyeon cleared to interrupt her wife from revealing sensitive information.


“Anyway, what about your other parent? She’s in the healthcare business too you say? Is she also a nurse like you?”


“No, she’s a doctor”


“Oh well that’s interesting. What exactly does she do?”


“Hahah well…she specializes in…uh how should I say this? Well, you know…the body and it’s uh…”


Noticing Yoona’s discomfort, Seohyun interjected.


“Speaking of work, Yoona, you should tell them about your recent transfer” Seohyun slightly turned in her seat to face her girlfriend sitting beside her, taking her hand in her lap to ease her. ‘you’re ok’


'…Seohyun initiated?', Taeyeon thought. Now, she was really irked. Her wife however, was delighted, indicated by the wide smile now plastered on her face.


“I, uh, I recently got transferred to triage” Yoona gave Seohyun a look of gratitude, squeezing her hand in thanks. The two continued to communicate with their eyes while Taeny communicated with theirs.


‘Triage, told you she’s good’, Tiffany nodded in approval.


‘meh’, Taeyeon’s dull expression said which Fany could only roll her eyes against. When it comes to their children, Taeyeon could be very stubborn and near impossible to impress…much like her own father.


“Is that better than a nurse?”, Taeyeon asked.


“No appa, triage is a unit of the E.R.; it's where all the top nurses work”, Seohyun answered for Yoona.


“That’s good. But why did you decide to be a nurse rather than a doctor? Seeing that your mom is also one, I’m sure you are more than capable of attaining an MD or a PhD.”, Taeyeon asked out of curiosity, as she needed to make sure this Yoona wasn’t a slacker and an underachiever…or worse, incapable. There is no way her Seobaby was going to carry this relationship both financially and emotionally. Seohyun deserved only the best…and Taeyeon will make sure she gets it. 


Slightly irked by the possibly insensitive comment (depending on how she takes it), Yoona began to answer after a moment’s hesitation but not before Tiffany beat her to the punch.


“Well honey, I’m sure she has her reasons. Besides, I think I much prefer a nurse over a doctor. If Yoona was a doctor, she’d be too busy to take care of Seobaby. Just look at Victoria and Nichkhun…the two barely have time to see each other”


“That’s true…Yoona took care of me until I was better just last week. But I usually end up passing my illness to her”


Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. “How? It’s not like you guys live together, right?”


YoonHyun looked away guiltily, their faces turning the shade of tomatoes when they recalled the passionate kiss from last week…Yes, that’s how sickly, stressed Seohyun usually passes it; it was a miracle Yoona wasn’t even sick yet.


But they couldn’t tell her they lived together. That’s like admitting to premarital relations although it wasn't the case for YoonHyun.


Noting YoonHyun's body language, Tiffany just found out that the two did live together. She changed the subject quickly before Taeyeon could do the same: “Seohyun, did you know your appa recently started a new business?”


“Wow appa, really?!”, Seohyun smiled eagerly at her Taeyeon appa.


Taeyeon’s expression softened as she addressed her youngest daughter, “I thought with my knowledge and experience, I should continue doing what I love most”


“I admire that”, Yoona commented. She could relate after all; it was the reason why she stayed being a nurse rather than pursuing a career being a doctor. And it was a good thing she did; otherwise she would’ve never met Seohyun.


“So what’s the new venture?”, Yoona continued as she picked up her drink and started sipping in anticipation.


“Let me ask you this, Yoona: Let’s just say you want to get out of the house for a night out…you know, maybe to have an overdue date with Seobaby here. And let’s say you also had kids becau---“ 


Yoona suddenly spit out her drink at the mention of “kids” as it caught her by surprise. The droplets of her drink mixed in with some of her saliva, making a beautifully disgusting rainbow in the mid-air.


“Yoongie, what’s wrong?”, Seohyun patted and rubbed her back while Tiffany wiped Taeyeon’s shirt, as Yoona spilled some droplets on her.


'What is she insinuating?! OMG I’m too young to have kids!'


“I’m fine. I was drinking too fast.*cough* Anyway, I’m sorry. Please continue”, she cleared and nodded her head, signaling for Taeyeon to continue.


Taeyeon just her teeth in annoyance but continued anyway. “Yes, like I was saying…you hire a babysitter. Everything seems fine, he or she seems trustworthy. But how do you really know if your children are safe with this stranger? I mean, can you really ever trust another human being, Yoona?”, Taeyeon asked, an overly serious expression on her face that Yoona would’ve laughed at under different circumstances.


“Umm, yes, I think I can…?”, Yoona said slowly and hesitantly.


“No, Yoona. The answer is no, you cannot”, Taeyeon says, almost as if she was disappointed in her answer.


“Let me show you something”


Taeyeon gets up from her chair to fetch something, and then threw at Yoona which the latter caught.


It was a keroro plushie.


Yoona looked up at Taeyeon in confusion.


“Tell me what that looks like”


“It’s ... ‘A limited 14th edition of Keroro certified and proven authentic to Seohyun Kim-Hwang from Yonghwa Jung, lots of love and kis—‘“, Yoona read the tag out loud until Seohyun quickly ripped it off, surprising Yoona as the words she just read aloud haven’t yet registered in her head.


“Oh I’m sorry honey, I took one of your older plushies~”, Taeyeon sheepishly said as Seohyun just continued looking at the floor in fear of Yoona's jealous reaction. Sure, the girl pranked her earlier about it, but some part of Seohyun could sense that some of it was real.


So this is her ex’s name…Yonghwa Jung…


Don’t tell me all those keroros in her room are all from him…


And she still kept it all…



The jealousy began to eat away at Yoona's insides once again but luckily, Taeyeon interjected before it riled her up even more, “Looks like a normal plushie, doesn’t it?”


Yoona snapped out of it and inspected the plushie closer, bringing it only centimeters to her face.


“Seems like it”


“It’s actually a new kind of motion-activated surveillance camera. It begins taping as soon as it senses movement”


Taeyeon the modest-sized TV behind TaeNy with a remote, the two turning their heads as they watched Yoona’s enlarged face on the screen up close.


“Whoa!”, fascinated, Yoona started making faces, completely forgetting her jealousy due to her capricious nature (thanks Yuri), laughing like a 5-year-old with a new toy when she looked up her dark nostrils which has now been enlarged by the mid-sized TV screen.


She abruptly stopped when she realized the other three were now looking at her with a weird expression.


“Ahem…this is very fascinating.”, Yoona said as she lay the keroro on the floor mindlessly right beneath her.


Little did she know, she placed it at an angle so as the doll was tilting up…directly at the opening of Tiffany’s skirt.


'…Surveillance technology? I suppose flower shops have surveillance videos too...', although Yoona couldn’t think of any serious flower-nappers…


“What’s even more amazing is its small size. We can hide them in anything: mirrors, lamps, televisions, you name it. So no matter where you go, we'll be watching you~” Taeyeon said innocently although Yoona detected a slight warning hint in that smirk.


Yoona widened her eyes at a sudden thought…what if the rest of those keroros in Seohyun’s room had cameras in them? Seohyun’s room: where she had shamelessly checked out her own , had a fight with her girlfriend in addition to playfully albeit shamelessly attempting to seduce her…


“I think it’s great but…can’t this be construed as…illegal? Even an invasion of privacy?”, Yoona began, slightly uncomfortable with the idea.


“Some may argue that but one can never be too careful as….”


Taeyeon’s voice faded out as Yoona’s attention was diverted when she caught a glimpse of the TV behind TaeNy…showing Tiffany’s undergarments for all to see. 


Yoona widened her eyes. She frantically looked for the Keroro she was just holding earlier and found it beneath her…staring right up her possible future mother-in-law’s skirt. 


Luckily Seohyun was too engrossed in her mother’s ethical defense while TaeNy was turned around...but not for long. Sensing Yoona's change in demeanor prompted all three Kim-Hwangs to look at the T.V.


'OMG!'


Yoona briskly knocked the keroro down with her feet, successfully changing the view just milliseconds before TaeNy turned around to look at what had her so panicked...a seemingly mundane image of Tiffany's big toe.


'Ewwww~...I have to get a pedicure soon', Tiffany thought.


Yoona breath out a sigh of relief and smiled innocently at TaeNy.


Taeyeon raised a brow but disregarded it, “Anyway…you’ll understand the need for this level of protection when you get kids of your own”





By this point, Yoona was already sure this woman was crazy; she took the definition of “over-protective mother” to an entirely different level.






'God…I’m screwed…'






---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's notes: Super-fast updates! Once or twice daily?
So originally, this chapter was supposed to include YulSic's POV however, the word count exceeded 4.5k so I just decided to release them as separate chapters.