A mother's love and wrath

My Amajjing In-Laws

Empty.


Seohyun scans the room, devoid of the only thing she ever sought after.


Well-aware of Yoona’s fickle and impulsive nature, Seohyun can’t help but to immediately assume the worst possible scenario though she tries to ignore the initial panic she feels at Yoona’s possible abandonment.


She went to the bathroom; no need to get anxious, Seohyun reasons.


But when she doesn’t find Yoona there along with all the other rooms of the vast house, reality hits her hard akin to a sudden dousing of ice cold water.


Yoona ran away.


A ton of weight suddenly falls on her shoulders as regret engulfs her entire being.


I slapped her…and now she ran away because of me…


Heart beating fast with adrenaline pumping viciously through her veins, Seohyun runs to the kitchen, grabbing a random set of car keys on the counter as she briefly passes Yonghwa who could only sit and eye her in confusion at her sudden panic.


“Hey, where are you going?!”, she barely hears him shout out, rushing pass him.


“To find Yoona. I’m borrowing your car!”, Seohyun managed to shout back in reply before opening the front door, the sudden chill of wind and rain nipping at her skin as her hair flew in different directions.


“You can’t drive…let alone in the middle of a storm!”, he yells, hearing him get up to follow her.


“I don’t care!”, she shuts the door behind her as she raced to the nearest car, ignoring both the overpowering wind and Yonghwa who ran out to catch up.


“Don’t be stupid, Seohyun!”


But nothing else was heard or seen when Seohyun slammed the car door and drove out of his house in a hurry, with finding Yoona the sole charge her distraught mind could focus on.


--


Empty.


So this is what it feels like to be wronged.


Suddenly, Yoona feels empathy for those she had carelessly hurt in the past.


Because this…this feels downright horrible.


Did Taecyeon feel this too?


It’s as if her insides were slowly knotting together, gradually tightening until it suffocated her into oblivion.


By this point, she is far beyond comprehending whether it’s physical or emotional pain she’s experiencing.


Not that it matters.


The pain’s not gonna stop.


All she knows is to keep walking, mindless of the heavy rain beating down on her worn down body as it drenched her to the bone with its icy embrace.


Was that why Seohyun was always so determined on avoiding her displays of affection? Not out of shyness but because she still loved Yonghwa?


All of these months…perhaps Yoona’s been delusional to think she could break Seohyun’s stubborn wall …especially since it seems she’s been saving all that pent up affection for someone else.


And that someone wasn’t her.


As if the slap from earlier wasn’t already a clear sign of rejection.


Maybe Seohyun never loved her at all…


Maybe…she was just a replacement—or worse, a tool to get over Yonghwa…


Staggering mindlessly to wander the empty roads of the secluded countryside, Yoona is plagued by the scene she unintentionally witnessed.


Seohyun, whom she firstly devoted her entire time, love and trust for almost a year, with Yonghwa, whom it took every fiber of her entire being not to kick in a place where the sun never shines…


…alone in a quiet studio…


They were close and inching even closer…


Yoona shuts her eyes in desperation, wishing to halt the inevitable conjured image that’s been seared into her brain from manifesting.


It’s a good thing she saved herself from witnessing such a repulsive sight.


Regardless she sees it, only much clearer and tangible; the passionate kiss of two long lost lovers…


Blood boiling, Yoona chucks the nearest rock into the woods with all her strength, the vast emptiness of her surrounding only serving to amplify the sound as it echoes loudly throughout.


And with the rain beating harder, it was almost impossible to hear the stifled sobs that soon followed.


How could she compare to a man--a rich man at that with so many talents?


She can’t; and Seohyun knows it. And that’s why she chose him over her.


Has Seohyun even realized she’s missing?


No…she’s probably still with Yonghwa…lost in the heat of the moment as she’s forgotten all about her girlfriend who flew all the way here to ask her parents’ permission for her hand in marriage.


Marriage, Yoona laughs bitterly at the very thought.


She was so focused on proving herself to Seohyun’s parents, family and Yonghwa that she failed to realize her own needs.


But Yoona sees it now; just as clearly as Seohyun’s betrayal.


Seohyun isn’t worth catching.


Seohyun never loved her after all.


But Yoona knows one person who has never failed to catch her.


--


“Don’t”, Jessica mundanely warned, pushing Yuri away from her with a gentle index before adjusting her now-wrinkled attire.


Yuri’s bottom lip quivered. “B-but--”, she whined.


“No, Yuri”, the blonde curtly rejected. “Do you know what time it is?”, Jessica asks coolly to which her wife could only continually pathetically pout to—almost to the point of it looking adorable.


“…CHT time?”, Yuri questioned suggestively albeit cutely.


Jessica sighs to calm herself.


She can’t exactly blame Yuri. Wasn’t it her idea that for every major fight they had, they were mandated to make up with just as much passion?


But of course, that deal was made about 2 decades ago; back when they were nothing but flirty young adults with seemingly limitless stamina and no children nor occupational obligations.


Sure they still kept up this tradition however this time around, Jessica finds herself utterly spent, having pulled every single one of those damn weeds; although she doubts they were actually invasive pests since her wife had cried out in hysteria, “NO SICA! MY FLOWERS!”, on her knees whilst holding up the wilted flowers to the sky like precious sacrifice.


“Definitely not. It’s noon…”


“…So…?”, Yuri outraged, utterly baffled.


“So? So it means your youngest is coming home soon. You want to get walked in on by your teenage daughter?”, Sica emphasizes, hoping Yuri would feel shame though it backfired.


“Babe. Have you heard of this brilliant invention called the key and a lock?”




Spoiler 
"No, i'm not a TaeNy shipper"


“Apparently you haven’t either seeing that you didn’t spare Yoona”, Jessica fired back.


“Yah, that wasn’t my fault! You were the closest to the door!”


Before Jessica could resume the banter with a serving of an ice-cold comeback, her cell phone rang. Fishing it out of her pocket, she was overjoyed when she found out who was calling, all signs of stress, completely obliterated as Yuri curiously eyed her wife.


“Hello?”, Jessica answers, turning away from Yuri.


“Hey, who’s that?”, Yuri sticks her neck out suspiciously.


“SHH”, Jessica hisses, whacking gently at her forehead.


“Ow!”


“Mom…?”, Jessica barely hears Yoona’s voice crack on the other side, seemingly lost.


“Yoong! How are you, baby?”, Jessica smiles into the phone, mindless of a bitter Yuri beside her and Yoona’s grim situation.


But by now, Yuri’s features gradually softens, glad to hear from their daughter who undoubtedly was calling to tell Jessica the good news.


Finally, an engagement, Yuri smiles to herself. So they did make up after all.


"Mom...”, Yoona repeats as if in a trance, a withheld sob escaping her lips.


Jessica’s smile suddenly turns into a frown, with Yuri mirroring her wife’s reaction in confusion.


“What?”, Yuri asks though Jessica was too taken to answer, immediately noting the odd way in which Yoona answered.


“Yoona? Where are you?”, the blonde mother worries, suddenly aware of overpowering static along with the loud howling of wind and violent pattering of rain in the background.


“Mom, everyone hates me”


And nothing breaks a mother’s heart more than hearing her daughter whimper as she did when she was nothing but a small child, seeking acceptance from her peers.


By this point, Jessica’s maternal instincts were on full overdrive and Yuri knows it’s best to let it play out before asking Jessica any questions despite her growing concern.


“No one hates you, Yoona. And if they do, they’re idiots”


“No, they hate me…”, she replies in a shaky voice.


“Who does?”, Jessica asks in a dangerous tone.


“My own girlfriend hates me. Even her mother hates me”


“…Then they’re both idiots”


“Mom…I just want to go home”


“Then go home. You don’t need to stay there”, Jessica states in a firm voice, showcasing strength for the both of them as it lacked in Yoona who was now at her most vulnerable.


“No, I mean our home…back to appa and Krystal and you. I don’t know what I was thinking when I moved out. I can’t make it out here…”


Every single insecurity Yoona ever had; it all spilled. And Jessica knew Yoona was everything but insecure. Just what kind of things did she go through at her future in-laws’ for Yoona’s ego, which she tediously built up all these years, to be suddenly deflated, turning Yoona from a boisterous even over-confident choding into a sulking, depressed and self-conscious baby?


Jessica’s fight or flight instincts kicked in.


“Baby, where are you?”


“…I-I don’t know. I just ran out of Yonghwa’s mansion…”


“Who?”


“Yonghwa…Seohyun’s ex-fiancé…”


“Ex-fiancé?…wait…your girlfriend brought you to her ex-fiancé’s house?”


Yoona couldn’t say anymore after that as the image of the two popped up in her head once again.


“Yoona…why did you run?”


“…”


“Yoona?”


“…”


“Answer me Kwon-Jung Yoona”


“She kissed him”, Yoona managed to choke out before the line went dead.


--


“Who the hell do they think they are?! Ganging up on Yoona like that!”


Behind the safety of the couch, Yuri watched apprehensively as her wife threw a fit along with a mountain of clothes on their bedroom floor as she vented her lethal frustrations.


“I bet you their whole family is on her !”, Jessica exclaims, stomping around the room in search of more things to violently chuck as Yuri could only cower at the normally passive blonde’s sudden bout of intense cursing.


“S-sica…let’s think about this first…”


“What’s there to think about?! Your daughter is on the other side of the country getting emotionally abused to the point of crying. YEAH, YURI, she was on the verge of crying! I told you that girl was trouble! She even has an ex-fiancé! AND she brought him to meet Yoona! Now what does that tell you about this girl?! She's a sl*t!”


“Sica…”


“OH and God-forbid; her mother is some kind of judgmental psycho, too! OMG…”, Jessica continues her rant, pausing only at a sudden realization.


“Like your mother!”, the blonde pointed an accusing finger at Yuri who winced reflexively, Queen Sica striking immediate fear to those unfortunate enough to witness her wrath, “I refuse to let my own daughter go through what I went through!”


“Let’s cool down a second…”


“Don’t you dare try to calm me down; you weren’t the one who heard her cry, Yuri!”, she bursts, throwing a bag on the floor whilst stuffing it with clothes.


“W-where are you going?”, Yuri eyes bulged when Jessica stands up with a rolling bag in hand, already aware of Jessica’s intentions.


“What does it look like?! I’m going to get Yoona”


--


“I’m home!”, Krystal shouted out as she unleashed Minho inside the house.


Throwing her shoes to the side, she is greeted by still silence.


Wary of the unusually quiet house, Krystal assumes the two erts were up to no good again.


“Hello? I. AM. HOME. I WILL GO UPSTAIRS IN ONE MINUTE GIVING YOU PLENTY OF TIME TO PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON”, Krystal annunciated a clear advisement.


Sure enough, she hears it; the rushed rustling of clothes and frantic feet padding upstairs.


Krystal rolls her eyes.


erts. You’d think they’d learned after Yoona accidently walked in on them…


“Baby, wait! Let’s talk this out!”, she hears her appa yell, immediately snapping Krystal’s attention towards the stairs where Jessica practically jumped down, a bag rolling down thunderously all the while.


“There’s nothing to talk about!”, Jessica fires back, stomping so aggressively that even Minho fearfully toddled out of the way as Jessica reached the front door where Krystal stood.


Confused, Krystal opted for silence, simply watching the drama that unfolded before her very eyes.


Now only if she had popcorn in hand…because this is one good show…


“Don’t leave!”, Yuri quite literally jumped on one of Jessica’s legs as she carelessly dragged Yuri along with her.


“Let go Yuri!”


“Not until you calm down!”


Omma fuming mad…


Appa begging her not to leave…


This is definitely one good show…


Wait…


A rolling bag…


OMG.


“STOP”, Krystal immediately blocks the front door with outstretched arms, snapping the couple out of their argument.


“YOU”, she points at Jessica.


“STOP BEING A BIPOLAR FREAK”


Jessica presses a hand on her chest in disbelief, offended at the child’s sudden disrespectful gesture.


“AND YOU”, the teenager now turns her attention to Yuri, pausing in contemplation, “…STOP BEING SUCH A GIRL”


Yuri gasps at the accurate accusation.


“If you don’t want omma to leave, put your foot down and tell her—TELL HER, don’t beg her—to listen”


“And omma; appa talks to herself a lot, makes us do weird Yoga exercise **** and forces us to eat healthy drinks that taste like piss...trust me, I feel your pain…but Mom, divorce isn’t the answer!”


“…Huh?”, the parents mirrors a grimace, while Krystal suddenly wished she could eat her previous words as she slowly realized her mistake.


“…you’re not divorcing?”, she started slowly and with unbearable amounts of aegyo in hopes of quelling her parents’ elevating anger at her rudeness.


“No…I’m leaving to fetch your sister…”


“Oh…


Unnie? What’s wrong with her? Is she okay?”, Krystal said, suavely changing the subject.


“Please reason with your mother…”, Yuri picks herself up to reason with the other Jung.


“No, your sister is NOT okay. Which is why I’m flying out to get her!”, Jessica resumes from where she left off, storming out the door and into the car as she loads up her bag in the trunk.


“Wait, what happened to unnie?!”


“Your mother thinks Yoona’s girlfriend’s family is bullying her…tell omma she’s being too presumptuous and —“


“What?! Who’s picking on unnie?! No one picks on my sister but me!”


And just like that, Krystal opens the rear passenger door to join her mother in her nationwide quest to rescue her kin, demonstrating the bipolarity that most definitely runs in the JUNG gene pool.


Yuri throws her hands in the air in defeat and disbelief at having been ignored by both Jungs once again.


Yuri proceeded to drag herself to the driver side, finally subjecting herself to the Queen's and Princess's divine sovereignty,







“I’ll drive us to the airport then…”








--

A/N:
Jessica’s coming…
DUN DUN DUN *Cue creepy eerie music*
That surely marks the dawn of the apocalypse.
Yay, and she’s taking Yuri and Krystal with her!
That should even out the fight a bit though I think Sica would’ve been enough to take down the whole Kim-Hwang clan…hmm but then again…there might be an ace hidden somewhere…*HINT HINT* wait…where’s Sunny?
Okay…I’m done teasing <3
Stay tuned: Kwon-Jung vs. Kim-Hwang ROUND 1. FIGHT!
YULTI YULTI YULTI!!!!!!!!!!!
An attempt to get back on the fluffy train. Hope that melded well…
i wish this fic would write itself. that would be epic.