More Kim-Hwangs

My Amajjing In-Laws



YulKry

YulSic Residence: Kitchen





“I warned you~”, Yuri sang as she flipped the eggs on the frying pan, Krystal’s forced sobbing echoing along the kitchen walls.


“Sh-sh-she hit me!~”, Krystal sobbed harder as she rubbed a sore bum from her mother’s spanking.


“Why aren’t you defending your daughter from your evil wife? This is domestic abuse!”, she continued, burying her face on a couch pillow for dramatic effect, sobbing harder as if to make sure Yuri could hear her from all the way in the kitchen. The appa was well aware of her youngest daughter’s dramatic antics and choose to ignore her, angering the child when her appa didn’t react to her not-so-subtle, attention-seeking pleas.


“Appa! Are you even listening to me?!”, Krystal yelled from the living room, momentarily pulling her face off the pillow just so she could give the back of her appa’s head an icy glare.


“Of course, I’m listening to you, sweetie~”


“You need to control your wife! You’re the Seobang aren’t you?!”


“Hmm that I am~”, Yuri said nonchalantly. “And I don’t need to control your mother. I’ve already got your omma wrapped around my little finger~”, she sticks her pinky out to demonstrate.


“Hmmp yeah right. Prove it”


Yuri’s ears perked up at the sudden challenge. How could she say no to that?


“You’re on. What do you have in mind?”


Krystal tried to hide the sly smile that crept itself on her face.


“I dare you to…

**********


Jessica went downstairs, greeted by unfamiliar silence. 


Odd…


Usually, their place would be alive by barking, the television, Krystal’s booming music and her favorite: Yuri’s singing (although she always insulted her for it). The Kwon-Jung house was anything but silent and today, it seemed different.


Wary of the demon puppy, she tiptoed to the kitchen and found it empty…well, aside from the messy dishes and uncooked breakfast.


Definitely odd. She would have breakfast by now…but here she was…pancake-less…


A quick glance inside the living room gave her a glimpse of Yuri sprawled on the couch lazily, a bowl of popcorn along with the remote control resting on her bare tummy as her shirt was mindlessly pulled up in comfort.


Just as lazily albeit sitting comfortably, Jessica spotted her youngest daughter on the other end, propping Yuri’s legs on her outstretched ones with Minho laying just inches away from her toes.


“Oh, you’re back, Krystal. How was camp?”, Jessica said as she walked into the living room, the two not even paying attention to her until Krystal briefly looks up.


“....and why are you glaring at me, Kwon-Jung?”


“Because you hit me…”, Krystal narrowed her eyes in resentment.


Jessica gave her a look of confusion, no doubt failing to remember the corporal punishment she had dealt on her youngest daughter for interrupting her precious sleep. 


“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t hit my children”


“But you do hit your Seobang”, Yuri plainly stated as she continued to watch the T.V., displaying a bunch of girls doing some odd crab-leg dance.


“Grab me a beer bottle, will ya Sica?”, Yuri added, still not looking at her.


Irritation immediately reared its ugly head but Jessica complied, heading to the fridge to fetch it.


“Since when do you drink beer?”, Jessica said just loud enough for Yuri to hear.


“Since now” 


Jessica tried to fight off her growing anger; she definitely didn’t want to start off the morning by having a fight with Yuri---especially in front of their youngest daughter. 


“I’ll give you Sooyoung’s then. You know, this will give you a beer belly. You don’t have Sooyoung’s metabolism”, Jessica said, attempting to make peace…to no avail.


“Hey, I’m thirsty. Do you think you can hurry it up?”


An ounce of anger seeped through.


“What the hell did you just say to me?”


Krystal’s chin could be seen quivering, most likely driven by fear and anticipation for HellSica. Little did Jessica know, it was actually an act to stifle a laugh as she was playing right into YulKry’s little game---one which definitely guaranteed her the loser no matter the outcome.


“I said, make it snappy”, Yuri said, clearly unaffected.


“Seobang~ I’ll make it snappy, alright”, Jessica said with a hint of malice although it was hidden under a mountain of feigned enthusiasm.


Behind the headrest of the couch, Yuri turned to Krystal to wink at her while holding up a wiggling pinky, “Around my little finger~”, she said under her breath. Although surprised at her mother’s unusual easy compliance, Krystal nodded in admiration. Yuri definitely wore the pants in this relationship.


As Yuri stood up to do a victory dance, she suddenly felt something whizz past her ear and heard it hit the T.V. Minho jolted awake at the sudden noise.


There on the floor was a beer can, its content spilling on her 62-inch plasma TV.


“YAH! My HD screen TV!”, Yuri cried, her hands clutching her head in disbelief.


“Was that snappy enough for you, Seobang~?”, Jessica said innocently, although her anger was apparent.


“Sica! My TV----!”


“Oh no. It wasn’t. I’m sorry, Seobang. Here let me try…AGAIN”


And Yuri found herself dodging bullets in the form of beer cans as Jessica continued firing.


“Here you must be really thirsty. Let me give you more!”


“S-sica!”


“You want a goddam beer? Here’s your goddam beer! I hope you drown in it!”


“It was a joke, Sica-baby!”, Yuri frantically looked for Krystal for back up only to find that her only ally had conveniently relocated, silently slipping into into the safety of her own room. A glimpse of her long jet black hair could be seen making a dash for the basement.


‘That traitor!’


Even Minho had gone upstairs at the sound of HellSica. Every living soul in the house had frantically dispersed in different directions like cockroaches at the sudden spark of light when they heard Sica’s roar.


Signaling her defeat, Yuri immediately threw her hands up in submission---a signal her wife gladly accepted by yanking the woman’s ears. And of course, Yuri knew the punishment that awaits her: it was her turn to get spanked.



------------------------




YoonLi

TaeNy Residence: 2nd floor: Sulli's Room





“Hello?...”




“Hello?”, Yoona repeated, hoping her voice could be heard past the door with the bolded words ‘SULLI’S ROOM---KEEP OUT!’ written across it.


Greeted by silence, she knocked, only to have the door swing open at the almost nonexistent force generated by her knocking knuckles.


Yoona warily looked around before hesitantly taking a peek inside, giving her a limited view of a messy bed---one without a drowsy dweller.


She tiptoed inside, ignoring the warning posted on the door, hoping to see Seohyun’s cousin only to find the room devoid of an inhabitant.


“10 minute warning, folks! We still have to go to the tailor for some last minute prep before we stop by the best man’s house for lunch! Hustle! We’re running on a tight schedule here!”, Yoona hears Taeyeon inform the whole house with a booming voice, commanding all their attention like a drill sergeant.


Not bothering to wait for this “Sulli”, she decided to just go for it; after all, she feared Taeyeon more than a little teenager.


Yoona eyed an open drawer before reaching in for whatever clothes she could get her hands on. 


Her hand managed to get ahold of a red string, holding it up near her face to observe it closer as she tried to figure out what it was.


thong. Definitely not something I’d like to borrow…


“ERT!”


Yoona immediately dropped the red ‘string’, snapping her attention at a girl crawling in from the room’s only window.


“Who the hell are you and why were you sniffing my underwear?!”, the girl had already entered the vicinities via a tall tree outside, stomping her way threateningly at Yoona.


“No, no, no, I wasn’t! I-I’m Seohyun’s girlfriend! Seohyun! She said I could come up here, maybe borrow some clothes from you!”, Yoona held her hands up in submission at the fuming innocent-faced girl who could only be Seohyun’s teenage cousin, Sulli.


Pause. Sulli stopped midway much to Yoona’s relief. This certainly was a surprise; she didn’t think she’d ever be intimidated by a mere child before. This girl seems to be right about the same age as her little sister although she certainly didn’t act like one.


“Close the door”, Sulli said in a normal tone though Yoona took it as a command. By now, Yoona was sure the intimidating aura is hereditary.


“O-okay”


“Quickly!”, she hissed in irritation when Yoona proved too slow at completing the simple task.


“Did you tell anybody I wasn't here?”


“No, they think you're asleep”


Sulli let out a breath of relief as she put a hand on her thumping chest, “Good. You scared me.”


If she gets caught sneaking out again…


Yoona watched as Sulli takes a bottle of eye drop, carefully putting a drop on each eye to successfully mimic the look of sore eyes from a long night of restless sleep.


“She keeps you guys under a pretty close watch, huh”, Yoona began, referring to Taeyeon, not that Sulli had any trouble figuring this out.


“It's not that bad. Your little Seo-baby got it a lot worse than I do. Not that it bothers Miss Perfect”, she said with a light coating of bitterness.


Yoona didn’t know how to respond so she just stayed quiet as the teenager went into her own bathroom, changing from outdoor clothes to pajamas, effectively completing the I-just-woke-up look.


“You need some clothes right?”, Sulli said, not bothering to wait for a reply when she carelessly threw some clothes in Yoona’s direction


“Uh yeah, thanks”, Yoona said, catching the clothes just in time.


“You’re welcome. Hopefully that fits. Doesn’t really matter since it’ll be better than wearing your girlfriend’s ex’s bathrobe.”

-------


Meanwhile downstairs…



“Seo-baby, Yoona didn't ace her med school boards. She never even took the MCATs”, Taeyeon began, staring intently at her daughter standing in front of her.


“Tae…are you seriously picking at this? Is this why you were downstairs in your little covert room? Google searching this poor girl’s test scores?”, Tiffany said, sitting beside her wife, raising her eyebrows incredulously.


“I bet she doesn't even have a real nursing degree. A lot of these hospital workers are just pill poppers looking for easy access to ludes. I knew she was a liar the moment I met her”, Taeyeon growled more to herself than her surprised daughter.


“The point is, she lied to yo—“


“She didn’t lie to me, appa”, Seohyun cut her mother off in a firm tone, surprising both mothers.


It took a split second before Taeyeon recovered and replied, “She lied to you when I thought you should know the truth. I love you too much to see you get hurt”, her tone sincere although sounding a little hurt at the usually obedient girl’s subtle rebellion.


“I don't care what your information says, appa. Yoona took the MCATs. Okay?”, Seohyun said with just as much firmness although adding a touch of gentleness as she just realized her lack of respect for her mother. To emphasize her previous point, she walked away, leaving her parents sitting on the couch, speechless.


It was worse than Taeyeon thought; Seohyun’s been blinded by Yoona.

-----------------


Seohyun had no doubt Yoona took the MCATs. Yoona wouldn’t lie to her…would she? Of course not. But she felt the need to prove her parents mistaken (and set her own mind at ease), especially after speaking out against Taeyeon. Seohyun needed evidence to close this case.


Seohyun flipped through her phone, stopping at a contact labeled ‘Kwon-Jungs’. Before Yoona flew to see the Kwon-Jung’s, she had left her parents’ phone number with Seohyun, just in case Yoona couldn’t be contacted through her cellphone.


Without hesitation, she pressed CALL.


It rang a couple of times.


She needed to hear it from them. Or maybe she could even have her parents talk to Yoona’s parents? That should be enough to convince her appa.


Just before she decided to hang up, someone picked up.


‘Hello?’


“Hello. I’m Kim-Hwang Seohyun. Are either Mrs. Kwon-Jungs available?”


‘Um they’re...busy’, spoke a high adolescent voice who Seohyun could only guess was Krystal, Yoona’s little sister.


"Oh. When will they be back?"


'Not anytime soon. They'll be busy for a while...'


“Then could you relay a message for me, please?”


‘Yeah, sure’


“Well actually, I was wondering if you knew if Yoona took her MCATs?”


‘What? No, Yoona hates cats…’


Seohyun couldn’t help but giggle. 


“That’s okay then. Could you have your parents call me when they can?”


‘Uh sure….’


“Thank you, Krystal”


‘…How do you know my name?’


“Yoona talks a lot about you”, Seohyun stated, recalling how her girlfriend always brought up the topic, mostly to complain how annoying she is when Yoona was done venting about her irritating appa.


‘…you’re not---you’re Yoona’s girlfriend!’


‘NICE~! So…when’s the big day?’, Krystal asked, assuming that Yoona had already proposed.


“I’m sorry?”. Surely she means Victoria’s wedding? It seems as if Yoona had also told her about that…


‘Yeah you know, the wedding? Hasn’t she pro---ummpf!’


Seohyun heard muffling on the other side, as if somebody had put a hand over Krystal’s mouth to keep her from saying anymore. Then another voice spoke; it was deeper and huskier indicating it belonged to a much older person.


‘Oh don’t mind this child. Teenagers say the most absurd things, who knows what goes on in their heads’, the voice on the other line said, while Seohyun could hear the continued muffling of Krystal on the other line.


Remembering her own cousin, Seohyun silently agreed.


‘I’m sorry. Where are my manners? This is Kwon-Jung Yuri, Yoona’s appa. You are Seohyun, I’m assuming?’


“Yes, ma’am”


‘Omo. Don’t call me ma’am. You make me feel old!’


Seohyun giggled for the second time that day (not the forced kind out of politeness for Mr. Horvejkul’s lame jokes); it seems as if all Kwon-Jungs have this effect on her.


‘So how are you and Yoona?!’, Yuri said with giddiness uncommonly found in people her age.


“We’re doing well, thank you. Actually I called to ask if you had Yoona’s MCAT scores. My parents…they were just curious---”, Seohyun said hesitantly before Yuri cut her off, hoping Yuri wouldn’t take it the wrong way.


'Oh don’t worry about it. That choding is an elementary boy in a grown woman’s body; I understand their need for reassurance. My wife has it. Hold on.'


Before she could reply, Seohyun heard Yuri yell for someone.


‘JESSICA….SICA!....SICA-BABY!’


‘WHAT!?’


‘I NEED YOU’


‘Of course you do. What? You want to be punished again?’


‘b-whah? Another one? Later...ahehehe’, Yuri laughed ersely, and Seohyun mistook her for Yoona for a split second. Yes, this one reminded her of Yoona.


‘Yoona’s girl wants to talk to you!’


A few moments of silence… then came a softer, mellow voice.


‘Hello?’


“Good afternoon, Mrs. Kwon-Jung. This is Seohyun, Yoona’s girlfriend”


'How can I help you?' Unlike the other, this one had a distant vibe---almost cold, to be frank. Even through the phone, Seohyun found herself shivering on the other end.


“Um, I was wondering if you could speak with my parents regarding Yoona’s MCAT score. I would really appreciate it”, Seohyun added politely.


‘Why?’, she asked, obviously offended.


And for the first time, Seohyun stuttered, “I—Uh, my parents…”


With one word from Jessica, Seohyun found her grip on the phone loosening as the sweat on her palms grew.


‘Hellooooo?’


“I-I’m here”, she replied hoarsely, suddenly dry. What’s wrong with her? Why is she getting so nervous?!


Awkward silence. Seohyun didn’t know what to say nor did she dare repeat her intentions in fear of retaliation.


It seemed like forever to Seohyun but Jessica finally decided to end her wordless torture.


‘I’ll fax it when I find it’


Before Seohyun could even thank Yoona’s omma, she heard line cut off.

--------------------------------------------------



YulSicKry

Kwon-Jung Residence




“Why are they so interested in Yoona’s MCATs score?”


“I don’t know. Maybe they’re just curious”, Yuri replied nonchalantly.


“What? Is she trying to make sure Yoona is seobang material or something?”, Jessica said icier than usual, not liking the fact that someone was sizing up her daughter in such a superficial manner.


“Well I don’t blame her. The way your daughter acts. I’d question her intelligence too.”, Yuri joked only to have her wife glare at her. 


As expected.


Any insulting remarks---even playful ones---directed towards her eldest child almost always guaranteed a glare from her wife.


YoonSic love is just as strong as YulSic if not more; after all, a lover will melt the walls of an icy heart, but a child will definitely turn it into mush.


“What do you think of her?”, Yuri began, obviously referring to Seohyun.


“Too formal…and weak-willed”, Jessica replies distastefully.


“A nice change if you ask me. At last, someone with manners”, Yuri defended sensing Jessica already didn’t approve of Yoona’s girlfriend.


Jessica had always been territorial of her loved ones: Of Yuri, of Sooyoung, of her two children…especially of her Yoona.


“I’m sure you’ll change your mind whe---EW KRYSTAL!”, Yuri hastily removed her hand from Krystal’s mouth which had kept the teenager from blurting out Yoona’s intention to propose when she felt slobber.


The teenager took in a much needed breath of air when Yuri released her.


“Yah, I couldn’t breathe! And your hand smells funny! What have you been touching?!”, the teenager complained.


“Ahehehe, wouldn't you like to know~”



--------------------------------