Morning Needs

My Amajjing In-Laws

YoonHyun
TaeNy Residence: 2nd floor: Seohyun’s Room





“Yoongie…how are you feeling?” Seohyun says while softly knocking on the bathroom door.


“Oh, just fine, considering I just broke your parent’s most valuable possession---a timeless, priceless and irreplaceable item at that---and found out my girlfriend had a fiancé”, came Yoona’s voice from the other side, each word dripping with bitterness.


“Yoona, please come out”, Seohyun said firmly as she leaned on the door, arms crossed, bracing herself for either a possible argument or a cheer up session, if not both.


The door creaked open, revealing Yoona with a toothbrush in her slightly pouted mouth looking unusually dark and depressed.


”You know…even though your appa was cold to me, at least she was still talking to me... I’m surprised she hasn’t come marching up here to kick me out”, Yoona solemnly stated after spitting the toothpaste in along with the sugary after taste of gogumas in .


Seohyun attempted to console her girlfriend but Yoona immediately rejected her advances by turning her back on the former as she prepared to wash her face.


“And you never told me about this Yonghwa guy. Nor the fact that you were engaged to him”, she said icily.


Seohyun had always been a distant person but Yoona had always respected this; that was her personality, after all. Likewise, Seohyun had never tried to change her chodingness so who was Yoona to try and change her secretive nature?


“I thought you said you weren’t jealous?”


“I’m not! As your girlfriend I deserve to know things like this. Like the fact that you were engaged once! What’s next? You’re the mother of this man’s child?!”


Realizing wasn’t joking and was frankly angry at her, she replies “I’m sorry, Yoongie. I didn’t think it was relevant”, with head slightly bowed.


“Seohyun! You almost married him! How can you think this is irrelevant?!”


“You know sometimes you frustrate me so much. Just..UGH”, Yoona exasperatingly tossing the toothbrush in the cup holder.


“Yonghwa and I were only engaged for a month before I realized I made a mistake, okay? I gave him back the ring…moved out, met you then fell in love…so can we please drop this?”, Seohyun said as she took Yoona’s unwilling hand and dragged Yoona to bed. 


The two sat on the edge of the bed with Seohyun closely eyeing her girlfriend as the latter looked away in irritation.


Yoona continued to cross her arms. Sweet words won’t be enough to completely remove her jealousy and anger although Seohyun’s words and touch did somewhat calm her down.


“So why did you leave him?”


“Because I didn’t love him”, Seohyun plainly stated as if Yoona should’ve already known the answer.


Still not assured, Yoona pressed more questions.


“And how long were you guys together?”


“5 years...It took me a while to realize it…”, Seohyun added sheepishly when she saw Yoona open in disbelief.


“…Great…I’m going to throw up now”, Yoona said bitterly as her confidence plummeted once again. She attempted to walk away only to have Seohyun pull her back down in place.


As the two sat on the edge of Seohyun’s mattress, Seohyun didn’t let go of her hands when she said: “I just want you to know that what Yonghwa and I had doesn’t even come close to what we have now”


“Our connection was more of a …friendship connection”, Seohyun added.


“What, you two were best friends or something?”


“You could say that. Since it was odd to find a guy and a girl as best friends, most mistook us for a couple. One day we just decided to try it…”


Yoona groaned. Great. An ex who was also a close friend…


Yoona pried her hands away from Seohyun’s and laid in bed, facing away a good distant from Seohyun as the latter continued to sit up.


“Yoong…”, Seohyun puts a hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her girlfriend.


“I’m not mad at you. Just let me cool down”, Yoona says with a sigh, afraid of blowing up on Seohyun again.


Seohyun answers by scooting closer and continually comforting Yoona with her touch, deemed effective when Yoona broke the silence a couple of minutes later.


“I’m sorry…I just feel like nothing is going right…I feel like your appa hates me too”


“She doesn't hate you. Just give her a chance. I think she’s just apprehensive”


Yoona turns around to face Seohyun at the incredulous revelation, “Why would she be nervous?”


“You’re the first person---boy or girl---I’ve introduced to them formally”, Seohyun says with a bashful yet proud smile.


Yoona’s face brightened, letting Seohyun know she just succeeded at bringing up her confidence. Seohyun couldn’t help but to thumb her girlfriend’s warm cheek at the cute reaction.


“But what about Yonghwa?”, Yoona suddenly says.


Seohyun’s face showed disappointment at the mention of her ex once again, slowly letting go of Yoona.


“Yoona…stop bringing him up…I introduced him, yes, but only as a friend”


“Fine. Then there’s your sister---”


“Forget what she said”


“What do you know about what she told me?”


“She threatened you, yes? She does it to everyone who comes close to me”


“...oh. By the way, she knew about us…you know, living together”


“Yes, I told her. I tell Victoria-unnie everything. Don’t worry, she won’t tell my parents…at least not appa”


“Well…that explains everything…”


“And I don’t know…I thought your appa would love my gift, you know, being this big flower person but it's like she didn't even show the slightest bit of interest”, Yoona says as she fiddled with the corner of her pillowcase.


Seohyun felt for the usually confident Yoona now plagued with so many insecurities. It was time patch the holes of her normally inflated ego and build her up again. 


“Listen to me, Yoona: Forget the gift. Forget my sister. Forget everything.”


“You are the most loving, sweetest, and caring woman in the whole world and I love you. And very soon my whole family is going see that…and grow to love you too, okay?


Seohyun kissed her forehead before pulling up the blankets to her chin. She gave her one final reassuring smile, later getting up to turn off the lights and laying on her side to do the same.


“Good night Yoona. And stop thinking about it”, Seohyun said as she tucked herself in.


Needless to say, Yoona was very taken at Seohyun’s display of sweetness.


“Okay…”, she replies.


A couple moments of silence…


“Speaking of love growing…”, Yoona began almost immediately after Seohyun feels weight on top of her.


“W-what’re you doing?!”, Seohyun whispers frantically as she fought to remove Yoona off her, obviously failing under the strengthnof Him Yoona.


“It’s morning at our place”, she hears Yoona whisper. Although she couldn’t see much in the dark, she could tell Yoona had that erted grin of hers plastered across her face.


Of course… Yoona and her were still running on their timezone due to jet lag. That only meant one thing: Yoona’s morning ‘needs’. Seohyun usually made sure to give her extra space so as to not tempt her any further but she completely forgot it when they landed.


Yoona on the other hand was just serving Seohyun her own form of punishment/reward for keeping so many secrets. In a way, it was very similar to how Jessica would typically punish her own Seobang.


“No…after marriage, Yoona!”, Seohyun said while trying to squirm away from her kisses, still very stubborn to accept Yoona’s love although she was growing weak by the second.


“I know that Seohyun. I’m not going to do anything you don’t want me to jeez…”


Indeed all Yoona did was kiss everything that belonged to her, marking her territory along the way.


Seohyun’s forehead.

Mine.

Her nose.

Mine.

Cheeks.

Mine.

Ears.

Mine.

Her lips.

Definitely mine.

Neck.

Oh yes. Hers indeed and she made it known by paying extra attention to the spot.

Shoulders.

Mine.Mine.Mine.


ALL MINE.


“Yoona…not in my parent’s house~”, Seohyun hissed although she didn’t sound willing to stop either.


Fortunately for Seohyun and unfortunately for Yoona, Yoona didn’t care at the moment.



-------------------------------------------------------------------




TaeNy
TaeNy Residence: 1st floor: TaeNy’s Bedroom





“OMG…she broke our teacups!”, Taeyeon yelled as she paced their bedroom with Tiffany siting on their bed, a book in hand.


“Baby, calm down and come to bed”, Tiffany said as she removed her glasses and put the book away.


“I don’t understand why you’re so calm about this. She broke our cup! Or do you not care?!”


Tiffany seemed hurt and walked away. Before Taeyeon could follow her and apologize, Tiffany comes back with a case in her hand. Inside were two matching pink and blue teacups---their teacups.


"What’s this?”


“The original tea cups”


“What?? But Yoona broke the---“


“The duplicates. I wouldn’t put our priceless memories in the open like that”


Taeyeon looks at her wife in disbelief then in an apologetic manner.


“I forgive you. Now go upstairs and apologize to Yoona”, Tiffany says before setting the case gently on top of their own bedroom chimney.


Taeyeon’s soft demeanor suddenly becomes rigid.


“For what?”


“For freaking out earlier. Did you see how sad she was? And it wasn’t even her fault. How could you drop the engagement bomb on her? That was insensitive of you, Taeyeon”


“That wasn’t my fault. I assumed Seohyun told her”, Taeyeon let her stubborn nature take over once again.


“For a studious woman, you can be rather dense sometimes. Seohyun is just like you. You keep to yourself too much.”


“There are some things that even the most open couple wouldn’t tell each other”


“Like your job?“


“Yeah…well…that’s different. I was protecting you”


“By keeping me in the dark? You know I didn’t know about that job of yours until 2 years into the marriage”


“Why are we dwelling in the past like this?”, Taeyeon says as she just looks away.


A moment of silence was broken by Tiffany.


“Did you know I was once engaged too? I guess it’s okay I never told you about it seeing that you sympathize with Seohyun’s situation”, Tiffany said indifferently to prove a point, effectively snapping Taeyeon’s attention back to her.


“Excuse me? To who?!”


“Does it matter now?”


“Of course not. I am now happily married with the woman of my dreams and have two amazing children with her. The past is the past, after all” Tiffany continued, cutting Taeyeon off before she could say anything else. Although Taeyeon further wanted to dwell into the matter, Tiffany suddenly cuts her off once again as if knowing exactly what she was thinking.


“Now, I want you to apologize to Yoona”, Tiffany says with a tone of finality, concluding their bickering as she went back to the bed to resume her nightly reading.


“Fine…”, Taeyeon puffed to save face although she knew her wife was right. 


'I hate it when she’s right'.


Of course it didn’t help the matter since she always seem to be.



----------------




SooRi
YulSic Residence: Garden





Yuri yawned as she let herself slouch on the outdoor couch. She gently dropped Minho and let him run around the garden chasing squirrels.


She was sore from head to toe not to mention felt like two pieces of sand papers rubbing together every time she talked.


“You know…I don’t see why you named this cute thing after my cousin. They don’t even remotely look alike”, Sooyoung says as she sat herself beside Yuri and propped her feet on their table much to Yuri’s dismay.


“Sure they do. Look at its fur. Doesn’t it remind you of his hair? Feels the same too”


Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. “Ew. I wouldn't know. I don't run my fingers through my blood relatives' hair. And nostalgic much? What is this odd connection of you and the past?”


“Your past makes you who you are. You should care more about it, Sooyoung”, Yuri said hinting at something. 


Sooyoung merely diverts the attention from her to Yuri to avoid any more prodding; she was good at that. She was one of the best lawyers in the country after all, Yuri being one of them.


“Well aren't you a sensitive one. You know, you always get too attached and personal…even with your work. That’s your problem”


Indeed the two had been colleagues since their junior years although it’s safe to say the two weren’t exactly great friends as they have been rivals since their high school days. They graduated both with top marks, competed for the same scholarships, and even worked under the same highly acclaimed firm. It was incredibly stressful which was probably why Yuri quit. Unlike Yuri, Sooyoung continued to work seeing that she dealt with stress better; in addition, she also had a best friend to cheer her on unlike the former. Despite being her rival, Yuri had always appreciated Sooyoung's presence especially after the latter introduced her to her wife. 


At the accurate observation, Yuri remained silent, picking up Minho who was begging to be picked up.


“You are so cute~ omo, and your eyes!”


Sooyoung leaned over to see what Yuri was talking about: a puppy panting with its tongue sticking out while its eyes were half-closed in glee.


“That’s one hell of an eye smile”


“Hmm I should’ve named you Ppany instead of Minho…”


“Ppany? Who the hell is that?”, Sooyoung asked, fully aware of how her naming system works.


Yuri quickly recovered at her major slip up.


“None of your business”


----------------

Flashback...


"Please take care of my daughter Ms. Kwon. Her future is in your hands."


"I won’t disappoint Mr. Hwang. I won’t let anything happen to her. I’ve grown fond of her these last couple of months. She is my first after all. I’ll take care of her to the best of my abilities."


"Good, that’s what I want to hear."


"I like you, Kwon. You’re so young yet so diligent, capable and committed…That's why I chose you for Tiffany, after all."


"Don’t worry Mr. Hwang. Tippany is in good hands."


Mr. Hwang looks at her in a weird fashion.


"The only thing you need to work on are your English pronunciations…"




-------------------------------------------------


Taeyeon made the long walk upstairs to Seohyun’s room, thinking of ways to apologize. Being the stern woman she was, it wasn’t everyday she apologized---at least not of her own volition---to anyone.


As she stood in front of Seohyun’s door, she hesitated but then turned the knob swiftly and swung the door open before she changed her mind. 


“Hey seo-baby, I need to ta—






…OMG!”