Let the war begin

My Amajjing In-Laws

 

I know we haven’t been together that long, but these last 10 months has been the happiest of my life. 





You’re not only the person I love but you’re also my best friend.





And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. 





Will you marry me?








Yoona was on one knee, a ring nervously held between her thumb and index finger as she removed her hand hesitantly from her chest to reveal the shiny rock.


She looked up at the familiar eyes of the woman she loves as she sat in their kitchen, looking for signs of approval.


Anything. Please.


Then the sitting woman started b with tears.


“Oh my God, YES!”


Blonde hair suddenly obstructed her vision as the woman jumped on Yoona to hug her.


Yoona smiled.


She knew Jessica would like it.


“Sica-baby, wher--- “ , a slightly tanner raven-haired beauty entered the kitchen with a newspaper in one hand.


She froze at the sight of the two hugging women on her kitchen floor.


Yuri took off the reading glasses that were resting on her nose to get a better look at the two.


“What’s going on in here?”


Jessica wiped away her tears but continued to cling onto Yoona.


“Yoona is proposing”


“…”


Yuri didn’t know what to say.


Her Yoona? Proposing?


Suddenly she threw her arms up, the newspaper scattering in the air as she pounced, encircling the two in a tight hug.


“Our Yoong is getting married!?”


“Appa...Omma, s-stop! You’re suffocating me!”


Finally, she was able to pry herself off her parent’s strong lovin’.


After recovering from the deadly hug, Yoona dusted herself up and asked her mom, “So how was it?”


Jessica was still wiping her tears when she answered.


“It was good. Better than your appa’s”


“Yah! Why didn’t you propose to me like that?” Jessica added before elbowing her wife who still had her arm around her.


Oooff~


“Hey, save that strength for later” Yuri said with a hint of mischief in her tone as she rubbed an injured ribcage.


Yoona gave her a disgusted look.


“Ew Appa~”


Yuri only smirked, kissing her wife’s cheek then her daughter’s forehead as her usual form of greeting before rummaging the fridge for breakfast.


“Please don’t be like that in front of her. It’s repulsive.” Yoona grimaced in disgust.


“Ohhh so you move out for a year and suddenly you’re just so mature” Yuri mockingly teased.


“And for your information, your mommy and I are going swimming later…You just have a dirty mind, kiddo. I don't remember raising such a ert”


“Yeah, I wonder where she got that from”, Jessica said, sitting herself beside Yuri on the small circular table after stealing a bite of her pancake.


“You love it”, Yuri said as she fed her Sica-baby a piece.


“I do”


Yoona felt the urge to barf. Suddenly, she realized why she rarely visits her parents; their public display of affection was so over excessive, not to mention, cheesy that it could make even the teletubbies cry in shame.


“Get a room, will ya!”


Jessica snapped out of their little sweet-talk session and suddenly turned to her daughter.


“Kwon-Jung Yoona! You still haven’t answered my question. Who is this girl and when am I going to meet her?!”


“Her name is Seohyun and she’s perfect. Don’t worry. You’ll meet her soon”


“Uhhh I think your mother was looking for a ‘she’s a dog-lover, 5”4 ft. tall, skinny, ambitious’ kind of answer…AHA! The answer is Girls’ Generation…duh.”, Yuri said, who had put her glasses back on and was now solving the crossword puzzle in the back of the newspaper. "Definitely the hottest girl-group in Korea. No brainer"


“She’s perfect…that’s the only way I can describe her. There’s not a single flaw in her” Yoona’s eyes started to glaze in a daydreaming daze.


It was Yuri’s turn to grimace at the love struck youth.


Ew.


Concerned, Yuri repeatedly snapped her fingers in front of Yoona’s face.


“Earth to Yoongie! Wipe that drool off your face!”


Irritated at how Yuri interrupted her day dreaming of Seohyun, she did what she had always done when her appa bothered her:


“Mom~ make her stop~!”


Yuri immediately stopped when Jessica shot her one of her infamous ice glares. She gets at least five of them every day; Yuri must’ve gotten more than a billion over their years of marriage.


“So much for ‘mature adult’. While you’re at it, go ask your mommy to propose for you too, mama’s girl”


“You shouldn’t be talking” Jessica gently hit Yuri’s shoulder.

”Honestly, I feel like I’m raising three children instead of two”


“By the way, when is Krystal coming home?”


“Summer camp ends around mid-August...so pretty soon. She should be home around then”


“I guess I’ll tell her over the phone then…well…after I propose that is”


“When are you going to do it?”


“When I arrive home tonight. My flight leaves in an hour or so”


As the three enjoyed their breakfast, Jessica couldn’t help but take in the image of her daughter. So…grown up. It only seemed like yesterday she was just the little girl that couldn’t go for more than 5 seconds without holding her hand.


She took Yoona’s hand in her lap. They still felt the same, just a little bigger now that she had to use two hands to completely envelope them unlike back then when she could do it with just one.


Yoona smiled beamingly at her mother. She could feel the excitement mixed with reminisce as Jessica’s eyes start to water once again.


Seeing this, Yuri dropped the crossword she was doing and started rubbing her wife’s back in comfort following it with a warm back hug when she heard her start sobbing.


“Mom…”. Yoona joined in.


Yuri peeled away from her, letting Yoona take over as she went to fetch Jessica a glass of water.


“It’s ok”


“No it’s just that…I’m so happy and excited!”


Jessica kissed Yoona’s forehead lovingly before shoo'ing her away, “I’m ok, don’t worry”


“Doesn’t Seobang get one too~?”, Yuri said after handing Jessica the glass of water.


“Not until you take out the trash. I told you to do it last night” Jessica hissed after she removed all traces of her tears with a napkin.


“Aheheheh” Yoona snickered in her seat before she stuck her tongue out at Yuri. “You’re not getting any lovin’, old hag”


“That’s what you think. I’m getting more than that especially after you go home… Its gonna be just me, your mom and the cowboy hat, yeehaw! Ahehehehe.”


“…Ok, that’s it. I’m leaving”, Yoona said to keep herself from vomiting at the sight, walking away from her appa who was twirling an imaginary rope above her head.


Jessica glared at her wife as Yoona climbed up the stairs to her old room.


“What? I was talking about gardening with you. How else am I supposed to shield my face from the sun without a hat?”, Yuri exclaimed feigning innocence while Jessica could only give an exasperated knowing glare.

“Sheesh, I’m surrounded by erts, I swear. What a dirty minded wife.”, Yuri teased, shaking her head playfully in disapproval.


“You love it”, Jessica said as she stuck her tongue out.


Yuri smiled before leaning down and planting a tender kiss on her lips.


“I do”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------







YulSic







After dropping off Yoona at the airport…




“Now that we have the house to ourselves…cowboy hat time?”, Yuri reminded Jessica with a wink.


Jessica ignored her and continued pacing in their garden. It was quite obvious what she was so apprehensive about.


Yuri sighed.


“Stop worrying about it”


“Who says I’m worried”, Jessica stopped her obsessive pacing at the insinuated accuse.


“Ok even if I pretend like I don’t know you like the back of my hand, I can see it all over your face…and you’re literally digging a hole in our backyard with all the pacing.


Thanks to you, I can now plant a whole row of flowers with the hole you made without having to dig it myself…baby, I love you. You make my life so much easier”, Yuri added as she crouched down and started planting flower seeds around her wife.


“Oh my god. Did Yoong notice?”


“At her current state, I could’ve thrown poop fertilizer in her face and she still wouldn’t have flinched. The girl is too much in love to notice anything.


Jessica sighed.


“So I guess that whole excitement was just an act?”, Yuri said.


“No! I am excited. It’s just that…it’s too soon. She’s never been that impulsive before…not to mention committal. I mean…marriage! That’s a serious step. What if she’s not ready?


Remember how long it took for me to finally agree to marry you?” Jessica continued.


“What!? I thought you said it was because of your parents…”


But Jessica was too into her thoughts to notice a now sulking Yuri.


“…Seeing that you’re stressed right now, I’ll let that one go” Yuri crossed her arms.


“I’m serious Yul!”


“Sica-baby, just trust Yoona. She’s not a baby anymore; let her do what she wants.”


Sica Glare #6...or was it the 7th? Yuri lost track already.


“While we’re at it, why don’t we drive to the nearest bridge and just throw her off the cliff! Yuri, she might get hurt!”


Yuri closed her eyes and rolled them under the lids. So melodramatic.


With a sigh, she began her defense, “I didn’t mean it like that. Life is all about taking risks; let her learn. You can’t protect Yoona forever. Besides, that’s how I found you right? And look at how happy we are”


“Stop sweet-talking me and give me good advice, woman!”, Jessica shrieked as she shook Yuri by the shoulder.


“S-sica~ stop abusing me! I’m going to cheat on you if you keep this up”


Jessica suddenly stops, only to give her the deadliest look Yuri has ever seen from the Ice Queen.


“Oh I dare you to”


“…”


Should she continue egging the woman on?


…OF COURSE!


“Well Yoona did tell me Seohyun is pretty… hmm I wonder how her mother looks like…ahehehe”, Yuri said with an all-too-familiar grin…now dubbed the ‘YoonYul creeper smile’


Sica glare #8 or #9? She got so many of them this morning, Yuri's sure she broke her own record from before. The last time she got that many glares was when she accidentally fed Jessica cucumbers on their wedding day. Yes, Sica almost called the whole thing off.


Jessica suddenly pinched Yuri’s ear and pulled her inside the house, looking for a specific cowboy hat to punish her Seobang with.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





YoonHyun apartment






Seohyun sat up in bed, well aware of the empty space beside her.


Yoona was visiting her parent’s east, leaving her by her sick self alone in their apartment.


Feeling lonely and sick, she called the other person besides Yoona that'll make her feel better.


Hello?


"Good morning mom, it's me, Seo"


Seo honey, how are you?


“I’m ok, just the usual sniffles. How are you and everyone else?”


I hope they're not overworking you at the firm...honey, take a break from time to time


"Don't worry mom. Besides, Yoona takes care of me when I get sick"


Ahh must be nice to have a registered nurse around you all the time...but anyway, Yes, I’m fine and so is your omma. By the way, Victoria is coming down with her boyfriend today


"Oh, that's great. Unnie hasn't visited you guys in a while. How long is she staying?"


'Don't worry, you'll see her when you visit'


Suddenly, Seohyun hears her appa in the background, ‘Fany, is that Seohyun? Let me speak with her…


'Hold on Seo, Your appa wants to talk to you'


Hello? Seo?', Seohyun hears her omma call out.


“Yes appa, it's----*ACHOOOO* it's me”, Seohyun sneezed into the phone.


'Is my baby sick? Where is your girlfriend? Shouldn't she be taking care of you right now?'


“Don't worry about me appa, I can take care of myself. Besides, Yoona is with her parents right now”


She heard Taeyeon appa scoff on the other side of the line.


'Anyway, I miss you. You’re still going to visit us next week right?


“Yes appa. And I was thinking of bringing Yoona with me so you guys can finally meet her. Is that…ok?”


'...' silence on the other side.


...Sure, honey.





--------------------------------------------------------------





Taeny







"Bye...Yes, I'll see you next week...right, with your girlfriend....fine, fine.....alright you take care... I love you too Seo, take better care of yourself"


Taeyeon walked into the living room where her wife Tiffany was drinking tea comfortably.


"What's this I hear about Yoona coming over with Seohyun next week?", Tiffany began.


“I know...so much for our little Kim-Hwang family reunion...”, Taeyeon said as she let herself collapse on her favorite leather seat.


"Stop sulking. You never know, she might be part of the family one day"


"Oh my goodness, Fany, please don't say things like that"


Tiffany raised an eyebrow and gave out a warning look.


“Kim-Hwang Taeyeon…I want you to behave. Don't scare her away like you did with the others”


Taeyeon sighed in defeat, “I’ll try


"Good. Now get ready, Victoria will be arriving in a couple minutes with Nichkhun", she got up and planted a kiss on top of Taeyeon's head before exiting with an empty tea cup.


Taeyeon continued to sit, immersed in thought.






This Yoona...part of the family?





Not gonna happen.
 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Yep YoonHyun are all grown up here!...Although that doesn’t mean they still won’t get babied by parents YulSic and TaeNy! They’ll always be babies in their eyes ;D haha def. some YoonSic and YoonYul love---maternal love, that is! I find it funny this fic is the COMPLETE opposite of my other one. I guess that's a good thing since I can write whether I'm feeling light or dark. So when I’m in the cheesy light mood, I’ll write this one. And when I’m feeling a little dark, I’ll work on Burying the Hatchet. ;D And if you haven't checked it out yet, check it out now! <3 Shameless self-promotion, you say? YOU BET <3

And if you're curious what the 'YoonYul creeper smile' looks like, take a look at this (BUAHAHHA): http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/rukia16/COD5%20WCBS/yoonhyunlol.jpg