Heroic or Problematic Siblings?

My Amajjing In-Laws

Seohyun’s eyes snapped open when she heard the handle on Yoona’s door twist open. She immediately bolted up, Yoona’s head which lay comfortably on her lap slightly jerking at her sudden movement, panicking as she just realized she fell asleep in a room deemed off-limits by her strict appa. 


Seohyun hastily brushed Yoona’s head off her lap, the latter not even flinching at the almost violent motion since the choding was also a heavy sleeper; no doubt one of the many traits she inherited from her blonde omma. 


The door opened as Seohyun scrambled to get off of bed, only to stumble to the floor face first when her limbs got tangled in the sheets.


“What the---“


“It’s not what you think, appa!”


“Yah…do I look that short to you?”


Victoria stood in front of her with her arms crossed.


“I knew it. You spent the night here. What did you two do…?”, Victoria winked, her lip slowly turning into a sly smirk.


“Unnie~! We didn’t do anything!”, Seohyun defensively squealed, a little embarrassed as she frantically tried to disentangle herself from the blankets. 


“haha yeah I know, I’m just messing with you~"


If Victoria didn’t know any better, she would’ve thought they actually did do something last night, judging by her little sister’s guilty and nervous disposition.


"…Wait…why are your thighs wet?!", Victoria panicked at the sight of Seohyun's lap, clear liquid dripping down. Even her pajama shorts were wet.


"Oh god, you did do it with Yoona!”


Before Seohyun could defend herself, the sleeping Yoona suddenly made a slight snoring noise, immediately attracting the twos attention. There lay Seohyun’s girl, mouth hanging open while a tongue slightly protruded out, saliva dripping like a leaky faucet on the now darkened mattress below. 


Seohyun frowned, finally realizing just where the liquid on her lap came from.


Gross~!


“Well…you’ve definitely caught yourself an interesting one”, Victoria says with a slight grimace, obviously repulsed by her sleeping girlfriend’s childlike trait. How boyish…even Nichkhun doesn’t drool…


“You went from Yonghwa…to this?”


Victoria immediately wished she could snatch the words she just said in midair and shove it back into when she saw her little sister’s surprised reaction. She tended to speak her mind and sometimes, she accidently lets out insensitive comments without shame.


Victoria cleared as a fast yet pathetic means of damage control.


“Anyway…hurry upstairs. I told appa you were still sleeping in your room. I am NOT covering you again”, Victoria warned as she exited the room, muttering to herself.


“Seriously, when did she become such a troublemaker…”


“Thanks Unnie…”



------------------


A certain bright haired girl slowly woke up from her deep slumber. Yoona reflexively reached out beside her for Seohyun but found that her side was empty aside from her girlfriend’s tussled blanket. Still in the groggy state of waking up, she opened her eyes and looked around, confused when she found herself in an unfamiliar room instead of her cozy apartment. Yoona groaned when she realized the yesterday’s ordeal was not just some nightmare; it was definitely real.


As a cruel reminder, a voice interjected her mental misery.


“Good morning, Yoona”


Yoona jumped up and almost screamed when she unexpectedly heard a voice beside her speak; it also didn’t help the fact that it belonged to the source of her nightmare, Seohyun’s crazy mother, Taeyeon.


“Jesus Christ!”, Yoona yelped to suppress the blood-curling scream that would’ve definitely turned the whole house deaf.


“No, not Jesus; Seohyun’s mother”


Taeyeon sat on an old chair beside the bed, watching Yoona like a hawk while she petted Jinxy on her lap. It reminded Yoona of Dr. Evil from Austin Powers, only she wasn’t bald and her pinkie wasn’t constantly pressed on the side of .


“I’m sorry; you spooked me”, Yoona apologized in an intimidated whisper as she pulled Seohyun’s blankets closer to her chin. It gave her comfort but most importantly, it also gave her the proper cover as she was wearing nothing but a thin white tank top.


How long has she been sitting there watching me sleep?! What a creeper!


“Did you know it’s a known fact that jumpy people tend to have a lot to hide?”


“I-is that right?”


“So…My Seobaby has just informed me that she let you in on a little secret of mine last night…”


Yoona hesitantly nodded, immediately remembering Seohyun’s confession concerning her mother’s shady profession.


“Well as long as you can keep your mouth shut for the rest of your life, you’re in no immediate danger”, Taeyeon said with an adorable eye smile that looked so innocent it was almost eerie.


Yoona on the other hand was shocked into silence. She didn’t even think about the possible dire consequences of knowing such secrets; her life could be at stake here! It took a couple of seconds to gather enough courage to reply.


“I-I won’t tell anybody, I swear!”


Taeyeon just smiles uncharacteristically and said, “Oh I’m just being humorous. Lighten up.”


“Oh..


hahaha…that was funny. You got me.”, Yoona laughed rather forcefully at Taeyeon’s fail joke, as it scared her more than amused her.


Reverting back to her usual proper bearing, Taeyeon seriously said, “But I wasn’t joking when I said you need to keep your mouth shut. It will compromise years of damage control--- selective brainwashing can be pretty troublesome; more so than torture, might I add although I think the latter is far more effective.”, rather nonchalantly as if she were discussing last night’s dinner.


Yoona could only gulp nervously in response.


“And with the knowledge you’ve been bestowed, you’re now in what I like to call the Kim-Hwang family circle of trust---KH Circle for short. I don’t keep secrets from you and you don’t keep secrets from me. Simple, right?”


NO


“R-right”


“Good, I’m glad you agree. Now come upstairs; the family is having breakfast together.”, Taeyeon pats Yoona’s shoulder before getting up, causing Jinxy to jump to the bed, much to Yoona’s subtle disgust indicated when she inched away from the nasty creature.


“Okay…I’ll be joining you in a…in a….*ACHOO* in a second”, Yoona tried to fight off the sneeze but couldn’t in the end, her eyes tearing up a little at the force.


Taeyeon raises an eyebrow, “Are you not used to the weather up here?”, suspicious that YoonHyun has been trading germs behind her back.


“Yeah…that’s it”, Yoona recovered as she just recalled how she actually got the sniffles: Seohyun. And it was a good thing, as she heard Taeyeon breath out a sigh of relief barely audible had Yoona not been paying full attention.


“Good…”



----------



As soon as the door closed behind Taeyeon, Yoona speedily kicked off the blankets and locked the door.


Just clad in a tank top, she wasn’t the least bit comfortable having another Kim-Hwang walk into the storage room she temporarily called her haven…unless it was Seohyun, of course. 


Then the realization hit her like a big yellow school bus: she had no clothes.


She needed to get to Seohyun’s room; at least she could “borrow” a few of her things before she could eat breakfast with the family.


Yoona frantically looked around in the room for anything she could cover herself with, sniffling all the while as her nose was runny. Even if she wasn’t a nurse, she could immediately tell she was getting sick.


Damn it, Seohyun was right. She shouldn’t have kissed her. Getting sick while visiting Seohyun's parents' was the last thing she needed. As if the trip wasn't bad enough...


At last, she found a rather old and manly looking bathrobe hanging on a nearby coat hanger and wrapped it around herself before beginning her journey upstairs to Seohyun’s room. Hopefully, she’d find her girlfriend still fast asleep.


Yoona smiled at the thought.


But before she left the room, her eye caught a half covered canvas on the floor leaning on the nearby wall. It was of Seohyun. She was wearing an extravagant white dress with a white veil; a wedding get-up.


Her grin widened.


So this is what Seohyun would look like in a wedding dress…


Taken by her angelic image, Yoona immediately stopped in her tracks and removed the sheet covering the portrait in one swift movement, revealing Seohyun in all of her glory…and more.


And instead of feeling the expected butterflies in her stomach at the sight of her future wife, in its place, she felt a tight knot of distaste settle in the pit of her stomach.


It was a picture of Seohyun…with Yonghwa.




Spoiler 


To make it worse, under further scrutiny, more pictures of the estranged YongSeo are all over the room. Yoona just failed to notice it as she was too preoccupied to browse around.


Nonetheless, Yoona pried herself away from the pictures, parting with a heavy feeling as she no longer considers the room a haven but rather, a horrific confinement filled with Seohyun's intimate past with another.


----------------------------------------------------------------------




Kim-Hwangs
TaeNy Residence: Kitchen





“Jinxy jinxy, Come to mama~”, Taeyeon cooed as she lured the creature with a treat to the small coffee table seating all four Kim-Hwangs in addition to three other unnamed visitors.


“Baby not on the table, please~”, Tiffany complained as she sat herself down beside her wife who was now happily feeding the cat.


“Frankly, your unnatural infatuation with this creature irks me, Taeyeon”


“Save me your psychological observation, Hyoyeon. I’m not one of your patients”


“What? I’m just being honest; I don’t think it’s healthy”


“For your information, some studies have shown that couples who own pets are healthier, happier and more sociable”


“You? Sociable? I believe you. Let me correct myself: this is not an infatuation; it’s an obsession”, the younger sister sarcastically remarked.


“Hey look who’s up!”, Tiffany squealed at the sight of Yoona tip toeing past the room, the latter looking like a deer suddenly caught in the head lights as all attention turned to her; pun intended.


“Yoona?”, Seohyun immediately snapped at her direction, turning around just in time to give her a glimpse of Yoona’s disheveled head peeking out from behind a wall.


“Come in here. Let me introduce you to the family”, Seohyun motions her over, unaware of her current clothing problem.


Yoona was about to decline until Taeyeon requested for her, “Come here, Yoona”, sounding more like an order than an invitation.


Hesitantly, she removed herself from behind the wall, slowly revealing her in a bathrobe too big for her slim physique. Not only did the bottom extend a good 2 inches past her feet (which by the way, caused her to stumble and trip as she walked towards the coffee table), the sleeves were also long that she looked like dopey walking around the house like a goofball.


The entire room could only gawk at the odd sight.


“Whoa”, a slight breath came out from one of the three unknown visitors: an older man who Yoona assumed was Mr. Horvejkul, Nichkhun’s father.


Although Seo looked calm, Yoona knew she was also surprised by the sight of her especially in that specific bathrobe.


“Someone had a visit from the hair fairy”, Mr. Horvejkul lamely joked although the room filled with giggles.


“Let me introduce you”, Tiffany recovered as she began the introductions.


“Yoona, this is Kim Hyoyeon; Taeyeon’s sister”, Mrs. Kim-Hwang ushered Yoona to a beautiful woman with a short stature comparable to Taeyeon’s. Just like her sister, she aged gracefully as she looked more like a cousin rather than the aunt of her girlfriend.


Hyoyeon extends a hand and shakes Yoona’s as she introduced herself with an interesting fact, “Forget the formalities. Just call me Aunt Hyo; the only straight one in the Kim family…well beside Victoria and Seoh---oh…wait, not anymore. Not that there’s anything wrong with that~”, she smiled shamelessly, unaware or perhaps just apathetic with the possible awkwardness her blunt introduction brought about. Fortunately, the everyone in the room, Yoona being the exception, was used to it.


Peculiarity definitely ran in the family, Yoona thought.


“Yes, she’s not too keen on picking up social cues which indicates when she’s being too awkward”, Taeyeon remarked.


Before Hyoyeon could fire back with a witty comment, her phone rang. She reached inside her purse and pulled out her phone, her expression filling with happiness when she realized who was calling her.


“Excuse me, it’s my husband; I have to take this.”, Hyoyeon said hurriedly as she left the room.


Taeyeon merely rolls her eyes at her little sister’s love struck tendencies.


“And Yoona, this is Dr. Horvejkul; a leading neurosurgeon”, Tiffany motioned to the man who told the God-awful joke from earlier.


“Hey, ‘cut’ that out~”, the old man merrily punned as he shook Yoona’s hand after the latter’s clumsy attempts to pull her hand out from the long bathrobe sleeve. Nonetheless, Yoona laughed to be polite.


“And this is Nichkhun Horvejkul, his son and a future Kim-Hwang”, Tiffany now moved on to a young and handsome man right beside Dr. Horvejkul. The man attempted to shake her hand but had difficulty removing his right arm from Victoria’s clutches as the fiancé was clasping tightly to him. Victoria was latched on Nichkhun’s arm like she was super glued to his poor limb. No wonder she wanted to go home early; Victoria zoned everyone out at the presence of her fiancé.


“Just call me Nichkhun…M.D.”, he said with an apparent arrogance although still retaining that charming ambiance.


“Right. By the way, congratulations you two.”, Yoona smiled at the two engaged lovers although only one was paying attention to her as the other was busy drooling over the other.


“Nichkhun is a rising doctor; as expected from a family of fine doctors”, Taeyeon commented.


“Did you know Yoona is also in the medical field?”, she added, redirecting her attention to the Horvejkuls.


“Well that’s great! What’s your profession, child?”


“I’m a nurse”, Yoona said proudly.


Mistaking it for a joke, the Horvejkuls laughed heartily, much to Yoona’s confusion and Seohyun’s discomfort. 


After a couple seconds of boisterous laughing and uncomfortable coughs from the rest, Mr. Horvejkul recovered, “GOOD ONE! Really though, what’s your field?”


“Um. Nursing”, Yoona piped, now feeling a little self-conscious. 


“Oh”


...



And now, that God-awful moment when awkward silence the light atmosphere in a room.


Having known been “friends” with Victoria for years, Nichkhun knew a good deal about Seohyun too, such as Seohyun’s ridiculously high standards when it came to potential suitors. Prior to Seohyun’s relationship with Yonghwa, they had previously touched the topic and only people of the highest caliber---both financially and socially--- made her list. But here she was dating a nurse? Nichkhun had expected a doctor at the very least.


Realizing the thick atmosphere, Tiffany pulled up a chair for the poor girl who was the only one standing, “Why don’t I get you a chair, Yoona?”


“T-thank you. I appreciate it”



-----------------------------


Flashback...


“So when are you two going to finally make the transition from friends to lovers?”, the little sister blatantly asked when she got fed up with the Khuntoria’s flirty PDA.


“We already have. I just don’t want appa on my about it so we’re keeping it on the DL”, a younger Victoria said as she pulled away from Nichkhun much to Seohyun’s relief. Now she can study without distraction.


“Don’t worry you’ll find your man out there”, Nichkhun says with a thumbs up, followed by a hit to the shoulders by Victoria.


“Stop that. Don’t give her ideas”, she hissed.


“Unnie, I’m not interested in men”, Seohyun says as she continued reading her textbook.


Victoria choked at the sudden coming-out confession especially since her sister was still fairly young; too young to be sure of her uality.


“Well…There’s nothing wrong with that but…”


Quickly picking up on her sister’s awkward cue, Seohyun added, “I’m not interested in women either”


Khuntoria raised an eyebrow at the peculiar statement before giving each other a look.


“So you never want to be in a relationship?”


“No…unless they can help me advance”


“Advance?”


Seohyun puts down her book and looks at her sister with a serious expression. “Yes, advance in society. Make me into a better person---socially, financially, morally, etc.”


“OMG. I have a future gold-digger for a sister…”


“I am not a gold digger. I can sustain myself alone just fine. I just simply want someone who can keep up with me. I will not invest myself in a person who cannot even provide for himself let alone a family”


“Whoa…”, Nichkhun breath out at the well thought out reply. She knew exactly what she wanted. The straightforward reply indicated that she thought about it in depth before.


“Unnie, I don’t think love is just a game you can carelessly indulge yourself in”


“Well love isn’t all business either”


“We’ll see what happens then”, Seohyun returns to her book, knowing her sister would never see her point as the sisters rarely shared the same opinions despite being very close.


“Little smart ”, Victoria playfully little sister by sticking her tongue out.


Unknown to the two, Taeyeon had unintentionally ingrained the idea that prosperity was of the highest importance as she didn’t want any of her daughters to go through what her and Tiffany had gone through. 


Indeed Tiffany had money but all that disappeared the moment they ran away from her father.


What happens when a rich rebellious heiress is released into the real world without a cent along with an unemployed lover?


They were together, yes, but it was the lowest point of their lives, financially and emotionally speaking. It was the focal point of their relationship: they either make it or break it. TaeNy's two daughter are proof of the outcome although it was a good thing their children didn’t experience much of their poverty However, that didn't stop Taeyeon from teaching her children the value of wealth. After all, wasn’t that the reason she couldn’t formally be with the love of her life?


And Seohyun, being the obedient daughter and logical thinker she was, applied everything she was taught, inadvertently causing her to repudiate the existence of love. To her, lovers were merely people you needed to live and tolerate for the rest of your life. And if you were lucky to find someone whose personality didn’t quite annoy you, then great; but there was nothing more to this ‘love’.


It was horrible of her to have such thoughts but she truly believed her parents could’ve easily ended up with someone else. Everything was just chance after all although she knew her parents truly loved each other. I suppose if one sticks to another for a length of time, they’d grow to ‘love’ that someone? With that in mind, she ignorantly sought to fall in love with someone she can symbiotically coexist with unaware then she had no control over the matter. Nonetheless, she spent the wake of her adulthood feeling with her brain than her heart.


“Boy…I feel sorry for her future husband”, Nichkhun whispered to his girl ‘friend’.


“Or wife”


"I doubt it. Seohyun will go for a man. She'll benefit more from a husband than a wife."


"What's that supposed to mean?", Victoria glared at him for the possibly ist comment.


"Not like that, baby~ Think about how society will take it. She'll live an easier life with a man which is why I know she'll go for one. Even if she falls for a girl, Seohyun doesn't even believe enough in love to fight for it..."



---------------



“This is nice. Eating breakfast together with the family”, Yoona calmly stated as she ate right beside Seohyun. 


“Breakfast at my house usually consisted of everybody in the kitchen fighting over containers of left over Chinese food”, Yoona joked to lighten the mood in the room although it wasn’t entirely a joke. Back when Yuri appa still worked for the firm, she rarely had time to cook leaving Sica omma in charge of the food.


Needless to say, cooking wasn’t exactly her omma’s forte so they were forced to order take-out food.


“Hmm I like Chinese food”, Victoria mumbled, still clinging to Nichkhun.


“Me too”, he smiled at her while Victoria snuggled closer. If Taeyeon was uncomfortable with the PDA, she didn’t show it; she had to get used to it. The two were to be wed in two days after all.


“Wait, there wasn’t enough food to go around?”, Taeyeon questioned, almost feeling pity at the thought that her family was poor. Despite having a doctor and a lawyer for parents, if one was unemployed, it was still a plausible theory. Then came wariness as the girl in question was the girlfriend of her daughter; her potential provider.


“Oh no, there was. We just rarely sat down as a family when eating since everyone had their own thing going”


Taeyeon’s mind filled with a million thought: What kind of parents didn’t have time to eat together? 


Adults with no sense of familial value. Apathetic parents. Fugitives. Possibly even criminals. 


“So Yoona, why didn’t you go for the M.D.”, Mr. Horvejkul began.


“I actually thought about becoming a doctor, but I decided it wasn't for me”


“Just as well. Boards are killer”, Nichkhun commented.


“Actually Yoona aced her MCATs”, Seohyun says as a matter of fact.


“You serious?”


“No, I did just okay”, Yoona modestly grinned before kicking Seohyun from under the table as a warning not to say anymore, however, the latter was relentless.


“She did more than okay. Trust me.”


And everyone took her word for it despite being surprised by her sudden defense. Seohyun wasn’t one to easily drop praise, even to loved ones, unless they truly deserve it.


“Why did you take the test if you weren't planning on going to med school?”, Taeyeon asked, genuinely curious.


“Well, I wanted to keep my options open but in the end, nursing was a better fit for me. It gives you the freedom to work in several different areas of medicine. Plus, I can focus 100 % on patient care as opposed to being a doctor where you have to deal with the bureaucracy.”


“Hmm true…” Mr. Horvejkul commented.


“Nichkhun, wasn't your friend Chansung supposed to be here by now?”, Tiffany looked at the clock.


“Victoria, I thought you told them”, Nichkhun looked at his future wife.


Victoria simply rests her head on his shoulders in a daze, “Told them what, baby?”


Nichkhun sighs and answered for her, “Chansung threw out his back horse riding. He can't make the wedding.”


“What?! Who’s going to usher then?!”, Tiffany freaked out at the last minute changes.


“Victoria! Now I have to reconfigure the whole procession”, Taeyeon scolded her troublesome daughter, although the latter wasn’t even the least bit bothered.


“Nichkhun, why doesn't Yoona stand in for Chansung?”, Seohyun offered, immediately igniting a violent choking noise from her girlfriend.


“No! It’s okay! Seohyun…”


“Hmm, that'll be fine”, Nichkhun accepted.


“Okay then. Mr. Horvejkul, Yoona will be your 2nd usher”


“Good” 


“Uh, yeah…okay sure”, Yoona awkwardly accepted, not that she had any choice.


“Good. Let's all finish up and get ready to go. Where’s the other shorty?”, Tiffany questioned, not bothering to react to her wife’s glare.


Taeyeon brushed off the usual teasing, “Everyone, we have a pre-activity briefing in thirty-two minutes!”


“In that case, I'd better get upstairs...and pay a little visit to the shower fairy”, Yoona joked, merely following Mr. Horvejkul’s lead although the room didn’t quite get her joke.


“…”


She stood there awkwardly in silence before saying, “Thank you for breakfast, Mrs. Kim-Hwang”, and exiting the room in a rush.


------------------


Yoona heard chattering and giggling as soon as she exited out.


“Hey, are you okay?”, Seohyun’s voice called out as Yoona felt a tug on her loose sleeve.


Yoona swiftly turns around to face her accusingly, “Why didn’t you wake me up?”


“Because I thought you’d like to sleep late…like usual”


“Yeah, well…not when I’m a guest at my girlfriend’s parent’s house”


“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it”


“No, it’s not okay. Tell that to Dr. Torquemada in there with the Grand Inquisition”


Seohyun could feel the stress catching up to Yoona as the latter grew irritable by the minute.


“Go take a shower, get dressed and come back down. Please?”


“Get dressed in what?”, Yoona pretentiously looked down at the oversized robe.


“Borrow some more of appa’s clothes. I just don't want you wearing that bathrobe”


“I rather not”


“Yoongie…”


“I just—No! I don't feel comfortable wearing your appa’s stuff”


“Okay, well, go wake up Sulli and borrow her clothes”


“Sulli?”


“My cousin. She should be home now. Summer camp is over.”


“You want me to go wake up your cousin, who I never met….and ask if I could have some of her clothes?”


Seohyun crosses her arms and gives her an authoritative glare, growing tired of Yoona’s stubbornness. Yoona’s irritability didn’t go away but she was forced to hide it at the sight of her possibly agitated girlfriend. It wasn’t her fault after all; she shouldn’t vent on her like that.


“Okay, all right. FINE. Where's Sulli’s room?”


“Top of the stairs, turn right.”


Before Yoona could take a step she felt Seohyun grab her shoulder and turned her around to face her once again.


“Wait…”, Seohyun says hesitantly, internally debating whether she should…


“Just hang in there, okay?” Seohyun comforts her by holding her cheeks in the palms of her hands, soothing the smooth skin with her thumbs.


Yoona reflexively leaned her head to the warming touch and put her hand over the ones on her face, smiling as her irritation magically evaporated into thin air. The choding then pouted her lips and asked, “I’m sorry. Truce?”


“Yeah…”, Seohyun says with a warm smile, likewise, her agitation was suddenly thrown out the window as she immersed herself in amusement at the childish apology.


The bright haired girl pouted even more, “And I’m sick~” 


As if to prove it, she suddenly coughed; whether it was fake or not, Seohyun wasn’t sure.


“We’ll fix that”, Seohyun says as she brushed Yoona’s disheveled hair away from her face, nonetheless.


“I think I need CPR”


“But I’m just a useless lawyer. I’m not a certified nurse”, Seohyun plays along.


“Don’t worry. I’ll teach you…”, Yoona whispered suggestively before closing the gap between the two…and this time, Seohyun met her halfway.


Whatever preconceived notion of love Seohyun had in the past were completely disregarded now that she had Yoona. She not only tolerated living with the girl, she deemed existence unbearable should they ever part.


Just then Hyoyeon walked in on the two, freezing on the spot at the sight of two lovely lovers too into their own little world.


“…Oh my God…




NICE!”



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




YulSic
YulSic Residence: YulSic’s bedroom





Yuri woke up to the stirring of her wife lying beside her. With her arms gently embracing the latter, every movement reminded her that she was once again suffocating her love with her clinginess. She would’ve immediately pulled away had the woman been awake but seeing that her wife was still snoozing in dreamland, Yuri took the time just lay there, enjoying the warmth Jessica provided.


A couple of minutes later and on the verge of falling asleep again, Yuri heard the door burst open. Before Yuri could react to the intrusion, a sudden added weight on the bed caused the mattress to rock up and down. 


“Your favorite daughter is home!!! DID YOU MISS ME APPA!!!??”, a certain girl’s voice echoed in the once serene room as she jumped up and down her parent’s bed.


Krystal continued jumping much to Yuri’s amusement although she was wary of Jessica waking up. As if reading her mind, the dark haired daughter straddled her blonde mother and shook her vigorously awake.


“How about you omma? Did you miss me?!”


“Krystal get off your omma before she kills you”, Yuri pointed out as she tried to fight off a chuckle, secretly supporting her daughter's antics.


Jessica groaned and furrowed her eyebrows before slowly opening her eyes filled with drowsy rage.


“Krystal...”, she growled.


“Yes, omma?”, Krystal smiles innocently at her.


Suddenly, Jessica’s face turns just as innocent, now scaring the choding daughter as it wasn’t the reaction she was expecting.


“Although you’re almost legal, I’ll just pretend that you’re still 5 years old~”


Krystal breathe out a sigh of relief. False alarm; Jessica won’t penalize her, after all.


“And do you know why?”, Jessica added.


“Why?”


“Because I’m going to spank you if you don’t get off me in 3 seconds”, Jessica face suddenly turns deadly serious.


“1”


“You’re joking, right?”


“2”


“Don’t test you’re omma, Krystal”, her appa Yuri warned.


“3!”


The room suddenly fills with a dolphin-like screech...and it didn't belong to Jessica.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Author's notes: 4.5+k words. Please be happy <3
Anyway, I'm getting ready to introduce some additional characters and this chapter was pretty much like, for the purpose of preparing you for them.
*Cough* Yonghwa *Cough* Sulli *cough* more Krystal* As if the clues aren't already blatantly obvious xD
I have a confession to make...
...I love YongSeo...so if you think Yonghwa will be the crazy ex aka bad guy, you're wrong << :0
YoonHyun = YongSeo ? I dunno...
YoonHyun > YongSeo ... :D!!!!!