Trollolol Proposal

My Amajjing In-Laws

YoonHyun







Yoona was putting away the clothes in her luggage when she heard the door open then shut.


Seohyun is home.


Yoona was about to call out to her and announce her early arrival when a sudden idea popped up in her head. 


She briskly picked herself up from their closet floor and hid herself behind the hanging clothes as fast and quietly as possible.


‘Ahehehehe…’ she grinned mischievously from ear to ear, unconsciously letting out a quiet maniacal laugh not much different from Yuri’s.


Footsteps were heard entering the bedroom followed by the clank of metal on wood when Seohyun threw her keys carelessly on the table.


Expecting Seohyun to enter the closet room to change, Yoona waited patiently for her girlfriend to come in. 


Finally, Seohyun went into the closet after grabbing a box of tissues and took off her blazer, hanging it just inches away from Yoona’s hiding spot.


Seohyun slid off her business skirt and started ing her button up shirt until she heard a muffled snicker that sounded a lot like a certain creeper’s laugh. 







Seohyun shrugged it off.




Must be her head playing tricks on her; she still felt a little sick after all.



Besides, Yoona said she wouldn’t be home until tomorrow night.


Seohyun assumes she just misses Yoona; enough to imagine that erted laugh of hers. 


She then took off her heels and parted the wall of clothes to her right to put it away when suddenly, she felt something that shouldn’t be there.


Thinking Yoona stacked shoe boxes behind the clothes, Seohyun calmly walked over to the area and without hesitation, parted the clothes with both hands.







“AAAAAaaaaahhHHh!!!”






Seohyun screamed at the sight of a creepy smiling mug hiding in the shadows of her clothes. 


Yoona quickly jumped out at Seohyun and enveloped her in a bear hug.


“Surpri---!”, Yoona said with a goofy smile before she was interrupted by Seohyun, who had reflexively shut her eyes and began beating the relative intruder with the heels in her hands, clearly mistaking the loving embrace as a threatening attempt by a ‘ert’ to subdue her.


‘ERT!’, she shrieked like a battle cry as she continued to repeatedly pound on ‘his’ head with her deadly shoes.


“Seohyu—*THUD*---Seo--*THUD*-- HYUNNIE! IT’S ---*THUD*---JUST ME!”, Yoona fought to get her words out as she was bombarded with dull thumps to the head.


It took a couple seconds to properly register.


“Yoongie?...Yoong…YOONA!”, Seohyun breath, going from a hesitant tone to one of relief and eventually anger before releasing another quick wave of fist slapping on her girlfriend's arm.


“I HATE YOU!”


*THUD**THUD*-*THUD*---*THUD*-*THUD*


“YAH! It’s me already. Stop hitting me!”


“That’s for scaring me!


What’s wrong with you!? I thought you were some ert who snuck in the closet to take a peek!”


…well…Seohyun’s hunch wasn’t that far from the truth; Yoona did enjoy Seohyun’s little show despite its premature ending, although she would never openly admit it. Yoona is a closeted ert after all (no pun intended).


“No! What’s wrong with YOU?! …Buying heels that sharp! Those things should come with a warning label!” , Yoona said as she rubbed her aching head, now aware that death by heels was indeed plausible.


After catching her breath and overcoming her irritation, Seohyun sighed.


“Here, let me see”


“AH no, stay away from me! You’re just going to hurt me even more. 


So this is how you greet your girlfriend after a long flight… By attacking her with your 3 inch heels! And all I wanted to do was surprise you…”


“Stop being so melodramatic. Come here. Tell me where it hurts”, she said as she held Yoona’s slightly bowed head with both hands, feeling for any small lumps.


“Oww~”, Yoona whined when Seohyun touched a sore spot somewhere on the top of her head.


“There’s a little bump there…”


Guilt ridden, Seohyun kissed the spot before saying, “We’ll get you some ice, ok?”


“Wait! Check here too”, Yoona said pointing to a spot on her cheek near her lips.


“I don’t see anything”


“It really hurts”


“Are you sure? There’s nothing there”, Seohyun said, inspecting the seemingly untouched lips closer.


Yoona nodded.


“Ok, I’ll get some ice then”


“Nooo~. Aren’t you going to kiss it?”


For a hot shot lawyer like Seohyun, she could be rather clueless at times, especially towards Yoona's corny yet blatant advances.


Finally realizing her girlfriend’s cheesy antics, Seohyun just rolled her eyes while trying to hide a smile.


“No”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Later that night...



Yoona was starting to get nervous now; the two were already settled in bed and she still hasn’t proposed yet.


She’d been delaying the whole night, trying to find the right moment to say it.


Yoona wanted---no, needed--- it to be special, but now, it seems like she’s going to have to wait until tomorrow to do it.


She looked over at the sneezing Seohyun who was sitting cross legged on the bed with piles of tissues and papers around her.


Her Seo, always busy and working hard despite her condition. Was she worthy of such a girl?


Doubt was starting to settle as she delayed it.


Maybe she’s rushing? Didn’t they say you should wait a year or two before proposing?






‘Do you love her?’


‘Of course I do! Why do you think I’m doing this then?!’


‘Doing what? Sitting there gawking at her NOT proposing?’


‘But---‘


‘You have no balls’


‘Umm… well that’s true but—‘


‘No buts! Do it now’


‘Why? It’ll be better tomorrow. Plus, Hyunnie is tired’


‘…Appa was right, you do need mom to do it for you’


‘Shut up!’







Noticing her usually talkative girlfriend sulking on the other side of the bed, Seohyun dropped the papers in her hands and crawled closer Yoona.


“Are you okay?”


Startled, Yoona jumped at the warm but unexpected touch.


“Huh? Yeah, I’m fine”


Yoona was a nervous wreck before Seohyun’s concerned gaze although she tried hard not to let it show.


But she knew Seohyun could tell.


Silence. Awkward silence…and it was killing Yoona. 


She hasn’t felt this way around Seohyun since their first date. 


No, this feels so much worse.


“…Listen…”, Seohyun began.


‘Oh my God, she knows! The trip to her parents, the recent overly cheesy moments, the not so subtle ring size question from a week ago, and now her jumpiness…’


“Yoona, I love you…”


‘She does know! DAMN YOU FOR BEING SO SMART SEOHYUN!!! But wait, was she trying to decline her before she could embarrass herself…?’


Seohyun reached over and grabbed her hand and caressed it.


‘Or is she proposing first?!!? ‘


Seohyun inched closer...


‘…Oh my God!’


“Are you ma---“, Seohyun began but Yoona cut her off.


“YES YES YES, I DO, I DO!”, Yoona literally screamed, making Seohyun widen her eyes and draw back a little in surprise.


“…Wait..wha??”, Yoona slurred in confusion when she noticed her girlfriend’s slightly frightened expression.


“I-i’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to hit you that hard. Please don’t be mad…”


“Oh” 


Yoona felt slightly relieved. Seohyun probably thought that was the reason she was acting weird.


“Don’t worry about it. It was nothing”, she said now feeling a little disappointed.


Not quite believing her answer, Seohyun laid right next to Yoona, wrapping her arms around her thin waist, apparently still feeling guilty about her earlier frenzy.


Yoona was surprised but welcomed it anyway since her girlfriend was rarely the one who initiated such displays of affection even in the comfort of their own bedroom let alone in public.


They stayed like that for awhile until Yoona broke the comfortable silence.


“Hyunnie…you’re really hot…”


Seohyun opened her eyes and narrowed them in the dark in suspicion. She should’ve known it would lead to this.


“…Not tonight, Yoongie…I’m not in the mood…”


Yoona grimaced. 'Why does she always think I want to do ‘it’? I’m not a ert…'


“…Yah… No, I mean, you’re hot. Literally. Do you have a fever?” 


“Oh…No, it’s just a little cold”, now it was Seohyun’s turn to feel a little disappointed.


Yoona brushed Seohyun’s hair out of her face and pressed a hand on her forehead, trying to feel her temperature. She flinched when she felt the ridiculous heat.


“Seo…you’re burning up. You went to work like this?!


Why didn’t you call me? I could’ve gone home earlier!”


Seohyun knew Yoona would fly back home in a heartbeat had she called which is why she didn't; she didn't want to take Yoona away from her parents.


“You’re overreacting, I’m fine”


“You’re under reacting, you’re not fine”, Yoona countered, a little angry.


Seohyun is always pushing herself harder than she needs to.


Yoona peeled herself away from Seohyun’s firm embrace to get some medicine and an ice pack to cool her off, cursing herself for not noticing her own girlfriend’s current condition and how it went far beyond her usual subtle displays of exhaustion.


She was so worried about herself--her proposal-- that she failed to notice the gravity of Seo’s sickness; even Seo was more worried about her and her stupid little head bumps than her own self.


Yoona sat on the edge of the bed, tending to her girlfriend in uncomfortable silence until the latter spoke.


“Nurse, how does it look? I’ll be ok, right?” Seohyun said as a sign of apology, hoping to tone down the heavy atmosphere.


She knew a cute cheesy line or two would do the trick, especially on a hopelessly cheesy girl like Yoona.


Seohyun looked up at Yoona, trying to get a read; she seems to be trying hard to keep a straight face.


“Am I going to need ‘CPR’, nurse Kwon-Jung?”, Seohyun pressed.


God knows Yoona tried so hard not to reply.


‘GAHH but that one’s too good to pass up.’


Failing to resist taking advantage of Seo’s cheesiness, Yoona caved in.


“Well…you do seem a little breathless. I think you do”


A pair of smiles slowly crept at their own cheesiness…more so Yoona with her alligator laugh until the two settled down in a lighter mood.


Yoona closed in on Seohyun but the latter unexpectedly turned her head, kissing her neck instead.


“I thought you said you wanted ‘CPR’?”. Yoona was baffled at the rejection.


“I’m sick, please don’t kiss me~”, Seohyun said apologetically, assuming Yoona wouldn't take her sweet-talk literally. Well...it's Yoona; she should've known she would jump at the chance to show affection to Seohyun.


“But I need to give you your kiss of life~”


“I don’t want to spread it to you”


“I don’t care…”


Before Seohyun can say anymore, Yoona gently held her head in place and silenced her opened lips with hers with a gentle graze.


At first, Seohyun tried to push her off but eventually reciprocated when Yoona refused to budge. Their kisses were light and loving yet sensual and passionate at the same time...and it stayed that way for a long time.


She didn’t know how long they stayed like that. Apparently really long since signs of drowsiness were apparent on both girls although neither refused to stop.



Yoona smiled and surrendered by ending it with a light kiss on Seohyun's forehead, similar to how she did when they first met, both their eyes still closed as they tried to hold on to the blissful feeling. She pressed her forehead with Seohyun's.








“Seohyun…Do you love me?”


“Hmm?”


“Do you love me?”


“I do”


Not a moments hesitation.






Yoona stared down at the figure of the woman she loves, the moonlight revealing just a hint of her full beauty under its faint white rays. 


She looked down at their side where their intertwined hands fitted together flawlessly like a jigsaw puzzle. They were very different pieces indeed but when they came together, it was always a heavenly sight.


She wrapped her body around the motionless Seohyun and she could feel their deep breathing synchronizing as one.






Her heart fluttered.




The world dissolved.




All doubts vanished.




Then it was just them. 




Her.




She’s the one.




This is the woman she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.










“Kim-Hwang Seohyun…I want you to marry me”







"..."






The words reached Seohyun's ears, but she was already dwelling deep within the planes of her dreams to reply to her love.













'I do'