Seo loves Yo(o)ng?

My Amajjing In-Laws

She did miss him. Seohyun missed Yonghwa. She disregarded it as nothing more than a natural response especially since she hasn’t seen him since she moved out a little over a year ago. They, after all, at one point of their lives, had spent every waking moment together.


But his hug stirred something dormant within her as it offered what has been lacking in her life since she left him: strength, security and stability. It was everything Yonghwa ever stood for; everything that Seohyun wanted since she was a little girl.


A quick glimpse of Yoona in the corner of her eye brought her back to earth, and with a gentle shove, she let Yonghwa know that she wanted to come down. 


Back on the ground.


Back to Yoona.


Back where she should be.


As soon as Yonghwa let her go, Seohyun placed herself beside Yoona, taking her hand in hers, not for reassurance or for show, but rather, out of appreciation.


She had Yoona now.


And she was everything Yonghwa wasn’t.

*****


Yoona had always been a confident person, thanks to years of ego-inflating by her parents although she did possess the necessary talents and looks worthy of such praises. But this weekend had done nothing but grind her confidence down into almost nothing and this unexpected sight pulverized the last bits of it.


This mansion, Seohyun’s actions, and the Kim-Hwangs comfortable air around the boy, more specifically Taeyeon, hinted that he was close to the family. In fact, they have already accepted Yonghwa into their clan. It bothered Yoona to no end, the thought that Seohyun’s ex was in the circle of trust long before she was---and still he remains inside.


She tightened her hold on Seohyun’s hand, almost as if it would take nothing but a simple gesture from this man that’ll take Seohyun forever away from her.


Envy was a foreign feeling for her and for the first time in her life, she withdrew in silence, wary of everyone around her. Yoona felt threatened.


“Yoona…?”, Seohyun whispered when she felt her grip tighten, almost to the point of causing her pain.


Completely oblivious to the tense atmosphere, ironically enough was Yonghwa, who walked over to the two without hesitation and stuck a hand out for Yoona to shake.


“You must be Yoona. It’s great to meet you. I’m Yonghwa”, he said with a calm smile which Yoona could only grimace at.


It took a nudge from Seohyun to snap her out of her impolite glaring.


“Oh right, it’s nice to meet you too”, Yoona says rather distastefully as she briefly took his outstretched hands to shake it.


“I’ve heard a lot about you. Especially from Jaejin”


“And what did he say about her?”, Seohyun warily asked and Yoona couldn’t help but notice that she doesn’t use formal language on him as well.


”He said he was pretty sure she liked him. But you know him, Hyun. He thinks any girl that gives him the time of the day likes him“, Yonghwa laughed, continuing to poke fun at Jaejin, Seohyun’s mutual childhood friend as Yoona suddenly felt like the third wheel.


“Yah, lover boy, can we go in. I’m cold. And it looks like it’s about to rain” Sulli sassily interrupted, her breath visible when she spoke with teeth chattering from the frosty wind. They looked up at the darkened sky swarmed by thick clouds. Indeed, a light storm was coming.


“Oh right, I’m sorry, Sul. I got caught up…well catching up”, he laughed before escorting everyone in his massive mansion while Sul rolled her eyes at the lame joke in reply as she’s been hearing them all day from Mr. Horvejkul.


Yonghwa held the door open for everybody, down to the very last person, Yoona. 


He gave her a wide smile before letting her in.

---


“Yonghwa, the house is amazing!”, Victoria complimented, staring up at the high ceiling with a massive and fancy chandelier hanging a couple of feet above.


“Maybe you should have gotten married here, Victoria, Nichkhun”, Mr. Horvejkul suggested.


“Hmm…this is a nice place. Your parents are quite fond of you I see”, Hyoyeon commented, finally getting off her phone just so she could inspect the beautifully decorated house. No doubt it costs a fortune to heat the entire place let alone own it.


“Yes, they are fond of me although they take no part in my life financially”


Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows in awe and shock. For one so young to have so much already...


If he wasn't a hard-worker then he was definitely someone who came from an elite family. Either way, it reflects positively on him.


“Very nice”


“All right, the sun isn’t out but the grill is hot and the indoor pool is luke”, Yonghwa said to everybody.


“Nice job, Yong. Right on schedule”, Taeyeon looked down at her watched and praised his punctuality. She liked that about him among many other things.


“Always Mrs. Kim-Hwang. But if I can interest any of you in a swim and a little B.B.Q, just follow me.”, Yonghwa herded the pack deeper into his den, although he didn’t notice two stragglers lagging behind; a deer and a frog.

************


Like everybody else, Yoona was taken by the size of the luxurious house. Just how can somebody afford all this so early in their life? He seemed to be the same age as Seohyun and her yet he's accomplished so much...much like Seohyun. Suddenly, she felt like a slacker for not having half of what they have.


Yoona continued to look around, noticing various pictures of him and his family hanging along the walls---many of which included Seohyun. Seohyun and him in their high school days. Seohyun and him in college, Yonghwa at work with Seohyun, Yongseo at a concert, and----


“Are you okay, sweetie?”, a voice interrupted her thoughts.


Yoona turned around to see the worrisome expression of her girlfriend, failing to notice that it was the first time Seohyun had called her a term of endearment aside from “Yoong”.


“Yeah”


Not quite believing her, Seohyun apologized in the form of a compromise, “I really don’t want to put you in any awkward situations. We can go eat somewhere else if you want?”, Seohyun said as she Yoona’s hair in affection only to feel the heat of her forehead.


“Or drive back home? You don’t seem well…”


“Nah. It's not a big deal, really”, Yoona said, trying to act like her normal cheerful self. Although she wanted to get out of the place, Yoona felt the need to stay since it was a family event. Yoona, let alone Seohyun, couldn’t afford to miss her sister's pre-wedding activities.


“If I can handle a weekend without PDA, I'm pretty sure I can handle an afternoon with your ex-fiance”, Yoona joked and waved it off like it would be a piece of cake. 


As if.


But if anything, Yonghwa sparked her dormant competitive drive. It was a challenge.


Yoona wasn’t about to let him show her off. She had to show Seohyun she was better.


-------------------------------------------------------



YulKrySic




“Hey, move your tosh. I’m watching ‘Bad Girl’”, Yuri told Krystal when the latter’s blocked her view of the T.V.


“Mom, where do we keep our old photos?”, Krystal asked as she dug into the cabinet for old treasure, still blocking Yuri’s view. Yuri tilted her head to the side and extended her neck, rewarding her with a glimpse of the T.V. Now content, Yuri didn’t say anymore until Jessica entered the room.


“I don’t know. Did you check my room?”, Jessica said as she helped Krystal look for them, both Jungs now fully blocking Yuri’s show much to her discontent.


“I was gonna look but you two were up there…”


“Sica, could you move that round perfection of yours just a little so that it’s not blocking my show?”


Like Krystal, Jessica ignored her Seobang’s request, bending over to the middle drawer to see if it was in there. 


'Ignoring me must be a genetic trait', Yuri sighed.


“Why do you need it anyway?”, Jessica asked as she rummaged through paper, failing to see anything but old television and electronic equipment manuals.


“Personal project. I want to create a collage of my childhood before I go to college”


As Jessica continued to block Yuri's T.V. with her backside, a sudden idea struck her, “Sica, I think it’s on the lower cabinet”


Jessica immediately heeded now that Yuri had useful information to offer. The blonde bent lower to open the lower cabinet but was disappointed when she saw nothing.


“It’s not in here, Yul”


“Lower”


“Are you sure?”


“Lower…


yep so much better….


ahehehehe”


When Jessica realized what Yuri was actually doing, she turned around and immediately threw Yuri her 4th glare of the day.


“What? You interrupted my show. It’s only fair you give me something just as entertaining. I must say, that was actually better”


Krystal cringed at her parent’s love-fight and Yuri's shameless ersion, “You two are repulsive”


“Now, you sound just like Yoong. Did you know when you were little, you fought over us a lot? What happened to the love? Are you taking your sister over your appa now~”, Yuri playfully pouted.


“Well they do still get on each other’s throats from time to time but since they rarely see each other, it’s gotten better”, Jessica commented when she gave up looking for the photos, sitting herself next to Yuri, apparently worn out by the ‘tiring’ work.


“We fought over you two?”


“Of course! You always sided with me and Yoong was always with your mother.”, Yuri reminisces as Krystal sat on the floor, with useless paper in her hands. 


“Your mother and I would get dragged into your little fights and have our own little quarrel defending you guys”


“Why?”


“Growing up, Yoona had a bit of an Oedipus complex. Yoona wanted your mother for herself. One time she stuck 5 pieces of gum on my hair while I was sleeping because she thought I was stealing your omma away from her. I had to cut all my hair off! Your sister can get pretty territorial when she feels threatened”


“Hmm I miss manyul”, Jessica commented as she ran a hand on Yuri's scalp. "Why don't you cut it again?"


"No thank you. I love my hair long and luscious"


“HA! What a mama’s girl!”, Krystal laughed mockingly, “So that’s why Yoona and appa fight a lot; Yoona's jealous of appa!”


“That’s not Yoong’s fault. She inherited the 'over-bearing jealousy' gene from you", Sica poked Yul. "And you, stop laughing. You also had an Electra complex when you were little. When you were four years old, you said you wanted to marry your appa”, she pointed at Krystal.


“What?! I did not! Stop lying, omma!”


“See, you’re doing it again. Defending Yoona. But it’s 2v1 right now so you lose! Team YoonSic is currently taking a break and Team YulKry is still alive!”, Yuri exclaimed, pulling in Krystal from the floor to the couch in a tight hug, nuzzling her face against her daughter's.


“YAH!”, Krystal protested as she fought against her appa's love.


Finally Krystal managed to pry herself out of Yuri's strong grip, glaring at her as she irritatedly fixed a mass of tussled hair before stomping off.


After a moment, Yuri turns to Jessica, “They grow up so fast...", the latter nodding in agreement.


"And I blame you for giving my little jung that ice cold personality of yours…”


“I guess that makes us even since you gave Yoona your overbearing jealousy”


“My jealousy and your temper…ouch...what a combination. I hope Seohyun can handle her”


----------------------------------------------



YongYoonHyun



“Now, for the floor that you're walking on, I chose this Bolivian wormwood. I think it works well in here. I have the Viking range here and the twin Sub-Z's”, Yonghwa informed as he showed Taeyeon around the kitchen, having already escorted all the guests in his indoor pool, excluding YoonHyun who caught up with the two.


“This is definitely better than your old house”, Taeyeon said with a proud pat on the back.


“I think so too. And check out the cabinet”, Yonghwa said as he opened a drawer, showing Taeyeon and YoonHyun a hidden compartment and intriguing Taeyeon more than it should with its possibly geeky purpose.


“Wow, you can hide all sorts of stuff in there”, Taeyeon said as she bent down and would’ve probably shoved her whole head in to inspect it had the size of her head not kept her from doing so.


“Oh, I get it. Like hidden”, Yoona joined in, although she had no idea why they were so intrigued by a stupid pop-out drawer.


Although Yonghwa was surprised Yoona was now talking, he quickly recovered by replying, “Yeah, kind of blend in”


“Great”


The two seemed like they were on friendly terms on the outside, but the competitive air between them was undeniable. You could see it in their eyes, more so in Yoona.


“Are you a homeowner, Yoona?”, he asked.


“No. We---I rent an apartment”, Yoona answers, almost giving away the forbidden fact that Seohyun and her lived together although Taeyeon knew better now that Tiffany validated her suspicious. Taeyeon mentally labeled Yoona as a habitual liar.


Yonghwa’s question seems innocent enough but Yoona knew there were underlying motives behind it. That or she was feeling a little over-paranoid, thanks to her less than healthy condition and currently cloudy judgment.


But Yoona didn’t react rashly. Her biggest enemy was herself after all. She had to fight her own inner demons: her jealousy, her immaturity and her possessive nature. She couldn’t afford to act like a complete choding, especially while this Yonghwa was acting so mature. He doesn’t even seem the least bit fazed that his ex-fiance was taking his replacement to HIS house. If anything, he was more than hospitable. Yoona despised him even more at the thought especially since Taeyeon had previously deemed him worthy to love Seohyun. This maturity was probably why Taeyeon liked him…and probably why Seohyun was initially attracted to him; after all, people have the gregarious tendency to associate themselves with others of the same kind.


So that was it; Yoona had to act mature. Cool. Indifferent. Tough.


Even now she stayed close to Seo but did not show PDA despite the latter’s confusion. As Seohyun tried to snake her hand around hers, she’d gently brush it off as if unaware. Yoona didn’t want to come off as territorial because it seemed like a move of weakness.


“So, things are going real, real well for you, aren't they, Yonghwa?”, Taeyeon commented.


“Things have been going so great lately. I got in early on some wireless I.P.O.s, and the stuff just skyrocketed from there.”


“Wow”, Yoona feigned interest.


“What about you, Yoona? What line of work are you in?”


“I'm in health care”


“Yeah, so you know what I'm talking about. There is a lot of money to be made now with biotech stuff. I don't have to tell you that”


“You really don’t”


Yonghwa as well as Seohyun was a little taken aback by Yoona’s reactive retaliatory, almost cocky reply.


“Ah good. You gotta strike while the iron's hot”


“What do you do exactly? You’re some kind of investment guy?”


“In a sense, yes. That’s my day job. What do you do again, specifically?”


“I’m a nurse”


“Well that’s great! It’s good to give something back like that. I’d love to find time to do volunteer work”


This wasn’t a move to neither irritate nor embarrass Yoona although the latter took it offensively. Yonghwa, having been raised in a wealthy family, however not with TaeNy’s modest parenting, didn’t see nor interaction much with the middle class population. He simply didn’t know and jumped to assumptions.


Yoona’s eye twitched at the unintentional insult, her temper reaching new heights although she barely managed to keep it in. Just as she was about to jump the guy and unleash Him Yoona upon his poor soul, she relented.


Mature, cool, indifferent’, Yoona repeated to herself like a mantra.


“Yeah, well, I get paid, but also it feels, you know, good too. So it's kind of an everybody wins situation”


“Yoona is very passionate about helping people. She enjoys her job very much”, Seohyun added, grabbing Yoona’s hands which Yonghwa didn’t fail to notice.


“Oh…I see. Well I want to show you my passion then. Want to see?”


‘No’


“Sure”

************


“…You have a studio in your house? What do you do? Teach kids how to play instruments? You’re a part-time music tutor aren’t you?”, Yoona asked when Yonghwa led them to a room filled with musical instruments, with a grand piano in the middle.


Yoona could see how Seohyun intently eyed the piano.


“This is purely for leisure. Besides, I’ve never taught anybody how to play anything aside from Seohyun. But she’s a natural so I won’t take credit for that”


Another arrow of jealousy lodged itself inside Yoona at the thought of Yonghwa teaching Seohyun how to play the piano and guitar.


"I'm actually playing for Vic’s and Nich’s wedding”, he said proudly as he sat himself on a chair and pulled a nearby guitar.


“You are? Which piece?”, Seohyun curiously asked.


“Here, have a listen”


Yonghwa positioned himself and started strumming the strings, a calm melody suddenly filling the vast room as the memories that came with it soon followed when he began to sing.




Spoiler 
Attention: YoonHyun loyalists. Please refrain from killing me after this video. Thank you. Cr: d2dmaxz


“I’m so proud to say that you are my first love

When were together baby, know that you’re the only one

When you get next to me

and hold me closely

I know you love me, you make my story complete

I'm so happy that I got you here to hold me down

I'll never break your heart, and go astray no way no how

Treasure from up above, never betray you trust

Always thinking about us, baby I’m forever in love”




Like Seohyun, it was undeniable that Yonghwa was musically talented and Yoona found herself overwhelmed with jealousy. She crossed her arms across her chest as she felt herself grow more vulnerable.


To make it worse, although Seohyun was good at hiding her emotions, Yoona could read the subtle facial expressions that told her what Seohyun was feeling at the moment: a certain longing. Or was that reminisce? Whatever it was, Yoona didn’t like it, how she looked at Yonghwa when he played.


“This is…”, Seohyun began when his song came to an end.


“Khuntoria are first time lovers too. I thought it would fit them nicely”


“Yeah but…”


“Well, might as well put the song to good use right?”


“I guess…”


And throughout it all, Yoona had no idea what the two were talking about. 


Before she could voice her irritation at the two's exclusive conversation, the intercom speaker on the side of the door , Taeyeon’s voice emanating from the tiny box.


'Time to start the BBQ, Yonghwa. Do you want me to start it without you?'


Yonghwa gets up and presses the button on the wall, replying, “Thanks for reminding me, Mrs. Kim-Hwang. I’ll do it. I better get back to playing host anyway”


'Alright. Tell Seohyun to come down with you too. Her mother wants her'


“Yes ma’am”


Turning his attention back to Yoonhyun, he said with a smile, “Alright. Grab your stuff and meet us down at the pool. We’re going swimming”


“I think I'm gonna take a pass on the swimming”, Yoona said with as much indifference as she could muster.


“Are you sure?”


“I don't even have a suit with me. The airline lost my bag and—“


'Seobaby! Come down, baby! Your omma has your bathing suit!', Taeyeon’s voice interjected through the intercom once again.


“Coming appa!"


"I’ll see you downstairs”, Seohyun turned to Yoona and after a moments hesitation, possibly due to Yonghwa’s presence, kissed her cheek.


“Yah…”, Yoona began but Seohyun was already out of the room by the time she finished, leaving Yonghwa and her in the studio alone.


Not wanting to be in the same room as Yonghwa especially after his serenading stunt, Yoona started for the door only to halt when Yonghwa spoke.


“She’s come a long way. She used to be so shy.”


Not knowing how to respond, she just nods her head and gave a half-hearted smile.


“Congratulations. I’m happy for you two. She seems to really like you.”, he said which didn’t totally take Yoona by surprise. Yonghwa was polite after all, but was he real? She didn’t know whether he was just saying it or if he actually meant it. His smile seems genuine enough that she decided to temporarily drop her vendetta against him.


Her expression softened, “Thank you. Um, by the way, what was that song you just played?”, Yoona began.


“It was from our youth. There's a lot of good memories attached to that song”


“You all grew up together huh? You, Seo, Victoria and Nichkhun?”


“Yeah, we've had some good times together”


He paused, as if debating whether to say it, “You don’t strike me as the jealous type and besides, were all adults here. That song I just played…it was actually supposed to be our wedding song”


--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Fair warning, you might hate Yoona in the next couple of chapters. <.< am I starting to favor YongSeo?!
LOL jk, I tease, I tease. But seriously, it's time for Yoona to fight back after all this torture, don't you think?
For the sake of balance, we need a serious chapter for a change.

Here's some YoonHyun loving to counter that YongSeo moment D:<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9kw7xptasw&feature=related