Into the Locksmiths' Den

My Amajjing In-Laws

YoonHyun





Yoona didn’t even feel Seohyun put a calming arm on her back nor did she hear her words of comfort as she was too preoccupied with thoughts of her possible future-in-laws:


‘Will they like me?’

‘OMG I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet!’

‘EW I smell like baby puke!’



All of Yoona’s worries disappeared when she felt Seohyun’s soft lips graze hers. Suddenly, all she could feel was the warming touch Seohyun’s arm around her provided…her light kisses…sweet and innocent---almost teasing, although she knew Seo would never subject her through such childish and frustrating love games. Yoona’s hand automatically cupped Seohyun’s cheeks, deepening their kiss, as she momentarily lost control over her body.


Seohyun always had this affect on her, more so now since it caught Yoona completely off guard; Seohyun rarely made the first move nor were they ever this blatant. Yoona must’ve been a nervous wreck for Seo to initiate affection with such force. It made Yoona appreciate her girlfriend’s awareness and how much she loved it when she took the initiative. Just the thought of Seohyun making the first move made the kiss all the more sweeter.


Hmmm she should act more distressed if it meant getting more kisses…heheh


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Seohyun could feel Yoona trying to deepen their kiss; as expected from her aggressive girlfriend. But Seohyun liked their differences. What they lacked in similarities they more than made up for with unwavering commitment and subtle passion.


Although Yoona’s immaturity was a pain in the head most of the time, it was a humbling reminder that there exists perfection in imperfection. With every cheesy line, every silly mistake, and every childish act from Yoona, she fell deeper and deeper in love.


It was a wonder how two very different people could understand each other without uttering a single word. Very much like two special colors functioning at entirely different wavelengths in a vast spectrum however both possessing a similar quality that enabled them to reach the same unique frequency...a place where only they existed: their own little world. 


For now, the only thing she felt was Yoona’s gentle fingertips on her face…the rest of the world didn’t matter nor existed for that matter. 
Their love was rarely seen by human eye but when it made itself visible to the world, it was magnificent; much like the auroras. Seohyun could only hope that her parents could see their complimentary colors melting together as one as beautifully as she could feel it.


The two were too into their own little world to hear the door opening behind them. They continued their kiss with exploring hands, much to the onlooker’s disapproval and discomfort. 


“ahem…”


A cough went ignored.


Then the cough gets louder and raspier. 


“AHEM AHEM”


Thinking someone nearby was dying of congestion, YoonHyun broke away from each other, surprised to see Taeyeon appa staring at them with hands on her hips. So surprised in fact, was Yoona, that she jumped up and pushed Seohyun away by reflex, sending the latter tumbling backwards on a nearby bush.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------




TaeNYoonHyun




“AHHHhhhhh!”


“Seo-baby!”, they both yelled in unison as Seohyun disappeared under a thick bush of flowers. Yoona frantically dug her out of the shrub and helped her up while Taeyeon plucked little twigs and petals out of her hair.


Yoona could be heard muttering words of apology as she crazily dusted her girlfriend. 


“I’m ok”, Seohyun said as she dusted herself of dirt, staggering on her feet, still a little discombobulated from her fall.


Upon recovering and suddenly realizing Taeyeon’s presence, Seohyun immediately threw herself on her mother.


“Appa!”


“Seo-baby! Ah my little girl~”


Yoona would’ve laughed out loud if it weren’t for the serious situation. Seohyun was anything but ‘little’ especially compared to her shorter mother. She awkwardly stood in the back while she watched the two exchange kisses before another figure appeared in the doorway.


“Seo honey! How’s my wittle girl?!”, a very beautiful woman said, which Yoona assumed was Seohyun’s other mother. Yoona noted her captivating ‘smiling eyes’ and admittedly found it odd that she could exude such youthful beauty at her age.


As a matter of fact, both mothers seem to have aged gracefully, just as gracefully as her own parents; the two could be mistaken as Seo’s older sisters rather than her parents.


“Mom!”, Seohyun threw herself at the other woman, as she was showered by another wave of kisses.


“OMG look at you…you’re so beautiful!”


“So are you mom…it’s been awhile…”


TaeNyHyun continued to stare at each other lovingly until Seohyun noticed Yoona’s awkwardness. 


“Oh I’m sorry! This is Yoona…my girlfriend”, Seohyun walked over to Yoona and hooked arms which the shorter mother seemed to eye rather intently as the young couple went towards them.


“Hello…I’m Kim-Hwang Taeyeon, Seohyun’s mother”, she said as she shook Yoona’s hand with a firm grip. Yoona internally winced. Seohyun’s appa had a very intimidating presence despite her short stature.


“It’s great to finally meet you” Yoona bowed, trying hard not to shake as she did so.


“And I’m Tiffany, welcome to our home, Yoon—oh!”


Tiffany was slightly taken aback when Yoona hugged her.


Tiffany had a very inviting ambiance so Yoona thought a hug was a more appropriate greeting. Although she was right, Tiffany could only look awkward since she didn’t expect a hug from her daughter’s girlfriend so soon; they just met after all.


Seohyun laughed nervously while Taeyeon crossed her arms unconsciously as she inspected the woman hugging her wife from head to toe. Taeyeon failed to hide the death glare in her eyes.


“By the way, I’m sorry…about your flowers”, Yoona sincerely apologized to Taeyeon, when she felt invisible daggers on her back. She had a keen sense of these things considering the fact that her Jessica omma did the same when she was pissed.


They looked over the desecrated bush where Seohyun fell over; its once perfect form now reduced to an ambiguous mass of green and brown while forcibly wilted rose petals lay scattered on the pavement.


“Hmm. Don’t worry about it…You just ruined my favorite rose bush is all…but that’s ok…I can grow a new one in…a year or so.”


“Tae---” Tiffany hissed in a whisper. She stopped her scolding midway when her nose caught a whiff of something...gross. 


“Oh, yucky~! What smells of sour rotting milk?”


Tiffany sniffed the air until she stopped on Yoona.


It was obvious she tried to hide a disgusted look as she attempted a smile at Yoona, who could only squirm guiltily.


“Fany…that was… incredibly specific…”, Taeyeon winced, slightly disturbed by her wife’s keen sense of smell.


Tiffany merely shrugged.


“Oh, Yoona got puked on by a baby”, Seohyun blatantly said while comforting her fidgeting girlfriend with reassuring grip on her arm.


“Oh no, she didn’t!”, the bubbly mother exclaimed.


“Yes, she did…at the airline lost baggage. She lost her bag”


“I’m sorry to hear that”


“Well what about you, honey?” Taeyeon turned to Seohyun.


“I didn’t check in, appa. I carried my bag”


“That’s my smart girl”, Taeyeon looked beamingly at her pride, leaving Yoona suddenly feeling weird at her possible insinuation.


Noticing this, Tiffany tried to ease the tense atmosphere.


“I’m sure it’ll turn up soon. Meanwhile we’ll have Taeyeon lend you some clothes, ok?”


“What?!”


Tiffany elbows her wife into unwilling submission.


“Oh Yeah…you can do that…”


“Tell us if you need anything, okay? Don’t hesitate to ask” she smiled with those half crescent moons. 


She is so pretty... Almost as pretty as Jessica omma.


“Thank you Mrs. Kim-Hwang”


“That’s right. Just let us know” Taeyeon suddenly puts an arm on Yoona’s shoulder, surprising the latter at her sudden pleasant attitude. Then Yoona saw her quickly side glance; Taeyeon is just trying to get her wife’s approval, which proved successful since Tiffany just smiled back.


That’s right…be nice TaeTae


“Thank you for welcoming me into your home”, Yoona bowed again as the Kim-Hwangs ushered the young couple inside their lovely home.


Taeyeon did see the bright spark of colors between the two for a split second. 


But then, her point of view changed. Instead of seeing something bright, she saw contrasting colors…too different to ever mix. Two contrasting colors could never produce love that isn’t black...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Wow”, Yoona’s mouth gaped open upon entering a massive foyer with a high ceiling. “Your house is so big and beautiful!”


Yoona coughed nervously and recovered, realizing she wasn’t acting like the classy girlfriend she was supposed to be. 


She glanced at Seo’s parents; Taeyeon wore a casual collared shirt underneath a black vest while Tiffany wore a comfortable turtle neck and a conservative white skirt that barely touched her knees. Yoona gulped. These were very classy people. Very rich and classy people.


“Why thank you”, Tiffany said as Taeyeon put an arm around her back.


“Now…your last name is Kwon-Jung, right?”, Tiffany curiously asked.


“Yes, Kwon-Jung Yoona” 


Now, why does that name sound so familiar?


“Like the actress”, Taeyeon pointed out.


Yes, that’s probably why…


“Well, that’s a very lovely name”


“Mr. Jinxy!” Seo suddenly screamed when something black zoomed passed between Yoona’s feet.


Freaked out, she immediately latched herself on Seohyun’s arm.


What the hell was that?!


“Come to appa~” Taeyeon was clapping at something on the floor.


Just then a black cat appeared, purring close to where Yoona was.


Yoona shivered.


ewwwww~~ 


She hated cats…especially black cats...they always meant bad luck.


“Hello mr. Jinxy~ Come here~” Taeyeon cooed, her tough façade deteriorating before the mere presence of a tiny creature.


Mr. Jinxy jumped on a chair and into Taeyeon’s arms.


“Taught him that in a week” Taeyeon smiled at Yoona with pride. This was the first time Yoona saw her smile genuinely…


Jinxy…this disgusting black cat could be the way to Taeyeon’s good side...


“Isn’t he cute?”, Seohyun walked over to her appa to pet the cat. Yoona let go of her arm, refusing to follow her towards the hideous thing.


“Hyunnie, I didn’t know you had a cat…” Yoona said, trying to hide her disgust while she further distanced herself from the cat.


“I left him here when I moved out”


“Yeah, your appa found her new best friend…and neglected her other one”, Tiffany pouted.


“You know she even taught him to use the potty?”, Tiffany added.


“Appa…that’s a little weird, don’t you think?”, Seohyun grimaced.


“What’s weird about it? Now we don’t have to smell kitty litter all the time”


“That’s right”. Fany turned to Yoona, trying to engage her in the conversation.


But Yoona could only nervously laugh; she was still wary of the cat’s presence. 


ewwwww~~


“T-that’s amazing. How do you teach a cat to use a toilet?”


“Well that was easy, Yoona. I designed a litter box that fit the toilet. Once he got used to it, I took it away”


Suddenly, Yoona sees where Seohyun's studious nature comes from.


"Well I hope he knows how to lift the toilet seats up", Yoona joked.


TaeNyHyun just looked at her with a blank expression, desperately trying to make logical sense off her joke. 


"Well, I don't think that's possible~" 

"Uhm, Jinxy isn't capable of lifting the toilet seat up." 

"Cats don't have disposable thumbs, Yoong..." 


Correction: They were classy, rich and very serious people. 





...They all shared the same dull sense of humour.... or lack thereof...





"Right...", Yoona trailed.


After a couple moments of awkward silence, Taeyeon spoke.


“Now Yoona, Jinxy is strictly a house cat. You cannot let him out. I repeat. Do NOT let him out”


“Oh you don’t have to worry about Yoona playing with Jinxy. She hates cats”, Seohyun said without thinking.


Taeyeon immediately snapped her attention back to Yoona. Seohyun bit her lip, wishing she could take back her words.


“Seo-baby, I don’t hate cats…I just happen to be more of a dog person, you know that~” Yoona tried to recover as Taeyeon continually scanned her with those piercing eyes of hers...almost as if she was trying to read her...


“Yes, that's true...” Seo added, eyeballing her appa intently. Fany could be seen beside Taeyeon mouthing out, ‘Me too. Don’t worry’ while the latter narrowed her eyes, detecting Yoona's bullsh*t.


“well it’s ok if you hate cats. There are a lot of things I don’t like too” she looked at Yoona with a stern gaze while petting the furry cat in her hands.


“No no, I don’t hate cats~”


"It’s ok…just be honest about it" 


Yoona started showing signs of discomfort.


Noticing the awkwardness, Fany ushered them out, well aware of how over-brooding her wife could get.


“Honey, why don’t we let the kids freshen up first?” Tiffany said, putting an arm around Taeyeon whose expression instantaneously softened at the touch. 


“Good idea, Fany”


“Yoona, why don’t you go upstairs with me and I’ll get you some of Taeyeon’s clothes, ok?”


"Thank you!", Yoona said a little too enthusiastically. 


She breath out, "I really appreciate it", before power walking upstairs with Tiffany, finally away from the monster-in-law.


Seohyun was about to follow until Taeyeon stopped her.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------





TaeHyun





“Oh honey, wait~”


“Yes, appa?”


"I’m so happy you’re home sweetheart" Taeyeon lets go of Jinxy and hugged her daughter tight. 


It's been so long. She really missed her youngest daughter.


Seohyun had to lean down for Taeyeon’s lips to reach her forehead.


Seohyun broke away for a second.


"Appa…listen...


Please be nice to this one. I really like her..." Seo looked down at her feet in shyness. 


Her cute little girl hasn’t changed after all these years.


Taeyeon’s expression softened.


She put her hands on her cheek and pinched them. But she was growing up. Her hands could barely cup her 'little girl's' cheeks. 


“I’ll try” Taeyeon gave her the same reply as she did her wife.


Seohyun's expression brightened.


"I love you appa..."


Taeyeon just smiled, "I love you too, Seo-baby"


Soon, she'll have to let her go...


Taeyeon was surprised at her own thoughts. 


She'll make sure this Yoona had what it takes to take care of her daughter.



----------------------------------------------------------




YulSic




YulSic Residence



Jessica watched her wife’s crouched figure from the kitchen window overlooking the garden.


Yuri had been feeling down lately. Jessica could tell. 


She’s been spending too much time at the garden; she only did that when she needed to distract herself. 


Jessica knew why.


Jessica sighed. She could only act like she didn’t care for so long.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yuri felt someone gently kick her bum. She looked up to see Jessica looking down on her with her arms crossed before the latter uncrossed them to hand her a glass of water.


“Thanks”, Yuri stood up beside her wife, taking off her dirty gloves.


“So…how’s the garden looking?”, Jessica said with a bored expression.


Yuri knew she didn’t care about the garden. Jessica was just trying to cheer her up.


“It’s fine”


Yuri’s short replies irked Jessica. She preferred Yuri’s insipid verbatim replies even if they bore her to death.


The two stood in silence, one admiring the beauty of her flowers while the other admired her wife...who hasn't been acting like her usual dorky self lately.

Jessica sighed again. Being the blunt Ice Queen that she was, she decided to skip the fillers and head straight to the problem (much to the author’s relief since she was running out of dialogue between Yulsic).


“Yuri…If I agree to have this child, would you stop sulking?”


Yuri wasn't taken aback since she was more than sure Jessica noticed her emo'ness. She was probably acting worse than Sooyoung now.


"Let's not talk about it anymore. It was unfair of me to ask that of you"


Yuri had been feeling bad for asking her wife. She'd be very selfish.


"I'm just curious, why don't you want to carry the child yourself?", Jessica asked, still reluctant to be the one pregnant.


"Honestly? I don’t want to lose this amazing figure. I'd have to work out three times as hard"


Jessica suddenly narrowed her eyes. 'That's why?! Why this jerk...'


"But it’s ok if I did?!"


"Well…yeah, basically"



"KWON"


Jessica hit her arm in irritation.


"Ow~! I’m going to cheat on you if you don’t stop hitting me!"


The old goofy Yuri is back.


Jessica suddenly wrapped her arms around her wife's waist as she rested her chin on Yuri's shoulder, much to Yuri's surprise.


Did she not just say she was going to cheat on her? Yuri internally smiled at her weird wife. Even after years together, Sica never failed to surprise her with her bipolar attitude. Cold one minute, very hot the next.


Before Yuri could enjoy anymore of her wife's touches, a loud sound interrupted her. 


"Hey there neighbor!", Siwon waved in his second floor patio, effectively ruining Yulsic's romantic moment. 


'Stupid c*ckblocker'


Yuri cursed under her breath when Jessica let go to return the greeting.


"Good morning Siwon. How are you?"


"Just getting a tan"


Siwon was sunbathing…wearing nothing but a tacky, yet very tight speedos…which clearly accentuated his ahem…package.


The two women were forced to look up to meet his gaze...although their eyes wandered else where.


"Would you like to join me?", he added. Yuri could see him subtly his lips seductively.


Yuri winced in disgust while Jessica, as easily distracted as she was, stared at Siwon with appreciating nonchalance.


"No, go away", Yuri spat when she noticed Jessica's stare.


"Oh Yuri, I wasn't talking to you. You're already dark, you don't need to tan anymore, silly~"


Yuri gave him a glare so intense, it would've burned him to a crisp and tanned him faster than the sun.


"YAH! Stop staring!", Yuri hissed at Jessica.


"What? He has a nice body~"


Yuri immediately yanked her wife inside the house.


"I’ll show you an even better one"




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------




TaeNy



TaeNy Residence: Living Room



After giving Yoona clothes, Fany rejoined her wife downstairs while Seohyun gave Yoona a quick tour of her old room.


Tiffany spotted her wife sitting down on her favorite leather chair, looking very tense and worried.


"Tae, I know you're trying. But just take it easy?, ok", Tiffany said as she massaged her shoulders from the back.


"I am relaxed. What are you talking about?


By the way...I don’t understand why you let her borrow my clothes. Let her borrow Seo’s!" 


"You know Seo-baby only packs the things she needs, nothing more. I can't have my baby running out of clothes"


"Then let her borrow your clothes!"


"...what did you just say to me Taeyeon?", Tiffany's grip on her shoulder tightened, her voice a little huskier; a warning.


Taeyeon immediately piped down. She didn't want HellFany to come out.


"Nothing, honey~"





Suddenly guitar could be heard playing upstairs.


The couple stared at each other.


Seohyun was playing her guitar.


"Say...she hasn't touched that thing since..."


"Yeah..."


"Did you notice what she calls her too?"


"Yoong?...sounds alot like---"


"Yeah..."



-------------------------------------------------------------------




YoonHyun




TaeNy Residence: Seohyun’s old Room





A couple minutes earlier...



“If you need anything else, just let me know ok?”, Tiffany smiled as she handed some of Taeyeon's clothes to Yoona.


Yoona bowed and joined Seohyun when Tiffany went downstairs. 


The two walked the hallways in search of Seohyun's old room.


“Seo, You’re mom is so nice…and so pretty…she’s so cool…”


Seohyun gave her a weird look.


“Are you developing a crush on my mom?”


“Well that depends; are you jealous?”


“Hmm no, but appa will be”


Yoona shivered at the thought of Seohyun's shorter mother. 


“Seo, I can’t believe you told her I hate cats!”


“Well you do, Yoongie”


“Yeah, but you didn’t have to tell her on the first day. I’m trying to make a good impre—WHOA!“


Yoona gawked at Seo’s massive room.


“Is this your room?! It’s bigger than our whole apartment!”


“SHH!” Seohyun hissed, afraid that her parents would find out that she’s been living with her girlfriend. Appa would flip out.


Yoona immediately jumped on Seohyun's king sized bed.


"OMG it's so comfy!", Yoona said as she buried her face on a green pillow. Yoona continued to roll around Seo's silky blankets.


"Please don't sleep yet. I don't want you drooling on my bed"


"What are you talking about? I don't drool...


OMG a guitar! Seo, you play?!"


Yoona jumped off the bed and literally ran towards Seohyun's old guitar when she spotted it in the corner of her eye.


Seohyun hasn't touched it in ages.


"Yes, and I used to play the piano too"


"Why'd you stop?"


"I just don't have the time anymore"


Yoona ran her fingers along the neck of the slick guitar.


"Can you play for me?"


"No", Seohyun said flatly as she organized her bag.




'God, why did you give me such an unromantic girlfriend?' , Yoona thought.


'God, why did you give me such a cheesy girlfriend?', Seohyun thought at the same time.




"Fine then, I’ll play for you", Yoona said.


Seohyun stopped packing and turned around to face Yoona.


"You play too?"


Yoona picked up Seohyun's guitar and just gave her a sly smirk.


She strummed the strings but instead of harmonious sounds, a high-pitched screeching sound echoed along the walls of Seohyun's massive room, further amplifying the horrendous tune.


"Yoona, stop! You’re scaring Jinxy!"


Indeed, the cat on the floor started hissing at Yoona, the fur on it's back standing vertically straight.


"I'll stop if you play for me", Yoona smiled in a goofy fashion.


"No Yoong, just stop playing! My ears might bleed out if you continue"


"Cmon, sing for me~ pleaseeeeeeeee~"


"Fine, give me that. Just PLEASE stop playing"


Seohyun snatched the guitar from Yoona who had a satisfied grin across her face.


"But I only remember one song..."


"That's ok. Just play whatever's in your heart~"


Seohyun sat on the edge of bed while Yoona sat on the floor, eagerly waiting to hear her girlfriend play.


As Seohyun sang, it brought her back to the past while Yoona could only watch in awe. 




 



Seohyun had a beautiful voice...plus the way she sang it...with so much emotion. It was so unlike the stoic girl she was used to.


"That was...beautiful Hyunnie...


What's the title of that song and who's it by!? I gotta look it up! The lyrics and everything are great!"


"Banmal song. A friend of mine wrote it..."


"An original? Your friend is talented"


"He is"


"This is gonna be our song", Yoona declared leaving Seohyun shocked.


"Um...I don't think that's a good idea...", Seohyun said hesitantly.


"Huh? Why not?"


Seohyun looked extremely uncomfortable. She shouldn't have played...


Yoona couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Seohyun's sudden odd behavior.


"You okay there Hyun?"


"Y-yes, I'm fine"


Seohyun resumed her packing while Yoona intently eyed her. She shrugged it off a couple minutes later and inspected Seohyun's room.


It was so massive, it had a walk-in closet as well as it's own bathroom. Two human sized windows overlooking their garden brightened the room's ambiance along with its bright green walls. Yoona noted how childish the room looked; it housed many plush toys, Keroro being the most prevalent. It was hard to believe this room belonged to her mature girlfriend...
.

Pictures on Seohyun's bedside table caught Yoona's eye.


There were pictures of a young Seohyun with her mothers and her older sister Victoria. 


Seohyun was and still is adorable. She still retained the innocence she had from childhood.


But what peaked Yoona's interest were two seemingly recent pictures of Seohyun and a man.

Spoiler 

SeoHyun's bedside picturesSeoHyun's bedside pictures

 

 

 

 

“Seo, do you have a brother?” 


"Hmm? No, why?"


“Who’s this guy?”


When Seohyun realized what Yoona was staring at, she hurriedly walked over and immediately flipped the pictures over. 


Oh…


Yoona suddenly had a bad feeling in her stomach. 


It was her ex.


“Please don’t be mad …I haven’t been here since I moved out and I haven’t had the chance to clean it out”, Seohyun looked at the floor, afraid to look into Yoona's eyes.


“...But I thought you said I was your first?”


“You are my first girlfriend, Yoong. But he’s my first boyfriend”


“What’s his name?”


Seohyun sighed.


“Yoong. It doesn’t matter”


Yes it does.


Yoona pressed on.


“So…were you still with him when you moved out?”


It was possible she was still dating this guy when she met Seohyun...or worse...went out with her immediately after her relationship with this guy.


Realizing her stubborn girlfriend wouldn't stop questioning her until she gets some answers, Seohyun caved in. Yoona deserved to know.


“No. I moved out because of him”





---------------------------------------------------------


Let the drama….BEGIN! <3

uh oh, this isn't good. I'm starting to favor the YongSeo couple after listening to banmal song...

Laying down the foundation for future chapters; sorry it wasn’t the usually comedy-filled chapter you were expecting.

One of Taeny found her name familiar; don't ask who it was since I purposely left it vague ^^

LOL at Yulsic. They're a very passionate couple in case you couldn't tell. Which is why poor Yoongie is suffering from the PDA-less relationship with Seo XD

You guys are probably disappointed at the lack of Taeny moments. Don't worry, like I said, I have plans to highlight each couple sooner or later ;p
and about SooSun? They'll definitely be in here...in due time <3 Hyo will also have her share of awesomeness <3

Believe it or not, Seohyun’s little spill about Yoona and her analogy/metaphor (lmao i don't even know, what a horrible author) about their love and lightwaves and what not took a long time to finish…I had to make sure it was scientifically correct. Damn her for being so smart. Why couldn’t she compare Yoona to simple colors rather than waves…it would’ve been easier on me as an author ;-; *sob* At least Yulsic didn't give me a hard time ;D