Household Chores and a Hearty Meal

Little Steps

Myungsoo finished gargling his mouth with water after brushing his teeth when he heard Suhyoon call his name. He quickly put the cup down, turned off the water, and ran out of the bathroom. He turned the corner, and saw a massive cloud of bubbles flowing out of the laundry room.

Crap, he thought. 

"KIM MYUNGSOO YOU BETTER HELP ME NOW! I CANT SEE A THING AND IT'S HARD TO TALK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ESCAPE! GPAOEIGPEF"

Myungsoo stuck his hands in the fluffy mass of bubbles, and grabbed Suhyoon's arm. He pulled her out, took a look at her, and laughed.

Even if they were little light bubbles, she was drenched. Tiny pockets of air popped around her like popcorn, and she was MAD. 

After spitting out all the detergent out of , she said, "Myungsoo, explain this."

"Uh, ahahah, um, okay. Well, you know that shirt you drooled on? Yeah, uh, you didn't wash it, and so I thought I could do it by myself. Uh, tada!"

Suhyoon stared in disbelief. "..... You could've asked me! Now we have to clean up this big mess!" 

"I did! But you just went back in your room!"

"Well, help me clean it up." Suhyoon bent down on the floor to pick up all the bubbles. She turned around and saw Myungsoo walking towards his room.

"Ahem, where do you think you're going? You better come back and help me RIGHT NOW!"

"I'm in my boxers! Can't I go and put on some clothes, at least?"

Suhyoon blushed. She hadn't thought about him being partly . "Uh, yeah, go ahead..."

 

 

Myungsoo and Suhyoon spent almost the whole morning cleaning up the big mess. Of course, Suhyoon did most of the work. Myungsoo kept joking around, saying he was Santa Claus. Suhyoon laughed. She felt as if this moment was real, not fake, like the other times. His laugh was real this time. 

 

-

 

"Okay, now that we're done playing around, it's time I teach you some household chores." Suhyoon dragged Myungsoo back into the laundry room. "Look, you have to load the clothes. Not too much, though. Then put the detergent in this little drawer looking thing, AND MAKE SURE TO SHUT IT TIGHTLY. Then close the lid, turn the knob, and pull it. Easy, right?"

Myungsoo wasn't paying much attention. He wasn't interested in cleaning. "So? You're expecting me to do laundry next time?

"Uh, no bu-"

"..... Okay then, I don't have to learn. Bye then." And Myungsoo stalked back into his room. 

"That inconsiderate little brat," Suhyoon said under her breath. 

 

 

The day passed on. Both Myungsoo and Suhyoon were starving, but dared to eat nothing, in fear of running into each other and having to start a conversation. They waited until Suhyoon's dad came home, who loved to cook.

Dinner was ready. It was amazing, almost perfect. He had prepared an italian-style dinner:

Hot, steaming pasta with delicious red tomato sauce. He had grated parmesan cheese on top, and garnished it with fresh parsley. There was a salad full of yummy greens, little tomatoes, and a zesty vinegarette dressing. There was also a slice of garlic bread, nicely toasted and buttered. 

Suhyoon stared. "Daddy, you usually don't make meals like this....."
"Well," he responded. "We have a long term guest over." He gestured for the Myungsoo and Suhyoon to sit down.

As soon as they sat on the chairs, they dug in. 

"Slow down!" Suhyoon's dad said, but it had no effect. After a hard day of cleaning and not talking to each other, they were both worn out.