A Miserable Friday

Little Steps

Suhyoon's memory raced back to the past. She remembered how Eunbi and her never really liked Jiyong. He was the school jerk, for pete's sake! 

 

Eunbi's mind was racing, too. She only agreed to go out with Jiyong to make Suhyoon mad. It was a horrible plan, now that she thought about it. She regretted everything.

Suddenly, Eunbi broke down crying. She sobbed, and screamed, "Suhyoon, stop being so- so- so perfect! You're smart, pretty, and Myungsoo, my crush, absolutely adores you! And Jiyong, go away, I don't like you. I don't like you, or everyone else, so stop bothering me and LEAVE ME ALONE!" She cried more.

Myungsoo grabbed Suhyoon's arm and said, "Let's just go. She didn't even let you explain yourself."

"Wait," Suhyoon said. She turned to Eunbi and said, "I don't care if you hate me, because I don't like you either. You didn't give me a chance to explain, to tell you what happened. I don't know what's wrong with you Eunbi, but I hope you feel better, and then come talk to me. Because I hate seeing you like this."

Suhyoon and Myungsoo walked away.

 

School was dreadful. Everyone knew what happened in the morning. Suhyoon felt miserable. There had been only one good thing; Myungsoo's beautiful scarf. But that was it. Misery was lingering in the air, clinging to everyone's minds, suffocating and killing everyone in the inside

.

School was finally over, and it was the weekend. 

 

Suhyoon stepped out of the school just in time to feel the cold breeze of the winter weather. She felt her phone vibrate, and saw that it was her dad that called.

"Appa! Hey, where are y-"

"Is this Park Suhyoon, daughter of Park Dongju?"

"Yes, who is thi-"

"This is Kyungje hospital. Your father has gotten into a serious car accident."

Suhyoon's eyes widened. "No, no, it can't be. He's okay, right? Tell me he's okay."

"He's going into surgery right now."

"I'll be there right away!"

Suhyoon's eyes watered as she ran as far as she could until she could catch a taxi.

 

 

"Hey, has anyone seen Suhyoon?" Myungsoo had been searching for her everywhere after school.

A student responded, "I heard that her dad got in a car accident. She went to the hospital."

 

Myungsoo started running, trying to catch a taxi, and sped off to the hospital.