We Meet Again

Little Steps

Myungsoo panicked. "Stay here and watch Minah," he told Suhyoon. Then he went searching for his son.

He searched the whole floor. He couldn't have gone anywhere far.

Think like a three year old, thought Myungsoo.....

Ice cream.

Kyungmin had asked for ice cream ever since they arrived to the hospital, but both parents had said no. 

Myungsoo rushed towards the elevator, and clicked 1. He soon arrived on the first floor, and ran towards the cafeteria.

 

He found Kyungmin sitting at a table with a woman who had on hospital clothes. 

He grabbed Kyungmin and hugged him tight. "Daddy, stop, I'm going to spill my ice cream."

"Kyungmin, we thought we lost you!" He looked at his son's face. He really does look like me, thought Myungsoo. 

"He was asking for ice cream and didn't have any money, so I bought him some. Man, your son looks so familiar, I've seen him somewhere...."

Myungsoo looked up. 

He recognized the pale, almost purple face.

 

Eunbi.

Her face had no fat on it, whatsoever. Her eyes were red, and the sockets dark. Her hair was in a mess.

Eunbi recognized him, too. "Myungsoo," she whispered. She reached her hands towards his face, but he slapped it down.

Kyungmin started to cry, he was scared. 

"Don't you dare try touching me, or my son."

"I didn't know he was your son.... He looks a lot like you, he's very handsome. Look, I'm sor-"

"Shut up and leave."

Eunbi couldn't leave. "I can't, I'm a patient here at this hospital."

"For being a drug addict, I bet. Don't you dare touch my son with those dirty hands of yours." Myungsoo gave Eunbi a cold, hard stare.

".... I heard you were married to Suhyoon now."

"Stop getting off topic."

She didn't know what to say. "I'll make sure to ruin both of you," and she walked away. 

Kyungmin kept crying. "It's okay, baby, she's gone now." Myungsoo comforted him. 

 

 

 

"Oh, goodness." Suhyoon's dad saw Myungsoo carry Kyungmin back, and he was relieved. It was nice seeing his whole family now, after being almost dead for many years. He wanted to see everything, everyone, everywhere. 

Suhyoon was relieved, too. She immediately rushed to Myungsoo. Kyungmin was pulled into his mother's arms, and wrapped his own around her neck.

"Don't you ever run off like that young man, you hear?" 

Kyungmin nodded. Suhyoon gently put down Kyungmin, and hugged Myungsoo. "Thank you."

"Suhyoon," Myungsoo said. "I think we should get your father out of this hospital and admitted into another one."

"Why?" she asked.

 

"I met Eunbi."