Secrets

Little Steps

Suhyoon was shocked, and silently pleased. She knew that she had started liking Myungsoo, too, but never could reveal her feelings, or figure them out.

"Thanks," she said, smiling, as she climbed down the roof.

 

 

It was Friday morning. Suhyoon got up, forgetting about what happened the night before. As soon as she saw Myungsoo in the kitchen eating breakfast, she remembered.

They gave each other awkward stares,  and Suhyoon joined the table for breakfast. 

"Why so quiet today?" Suhyoon's dad asked.

"Quiet? What, us? No," Myungsoo and Suhyoon responded. 

 

It was a cold and frosty morning as they walked to school. The other guys hadn't shown up, so Myungsoo and Suhyoon decided to walk to school by themselves. Suhyoon had only brought a jacket to wear in the frigid weather. Myungsoo, wearing a scarf, took it off and shoved it in Suhyoon's face.

"It's cold, and you don't even dress warmly? You better give me the scarf back once you're done using it...."

Suhyoon smiled. So this is how he loves. Interesting, she thought. 

The scarf was a deep shade of dark navy, and was thick and soft. It was still warm of Myungsoo's body heat, and had the lingering scent of his cologne. 

"And why are your hands so cold?! Myungsoo yanked Suhyoon's hand, and stuck it in his jacket pocket. Suhyoon turned her head to stifle a giggle, and turned her head back to see Myungsoo do the same. 

As they were approaching school, Eunbi saw Myungsoo and Suhyoon walking together. Again. 

Truth be told, Eunbi had a huge crush on Myungsoo. A HUGE crush. 

She thought he was goodlooking, but never wanted to approach him because of fear of rejection from the cold, hard Ice King.

But now he was walking with Suhyoon, actually smiling? She wasn't amused at all. She slowly walked towards them, then started sprinting.

 

Suhyoon saw Eunbi running towards her and Myungsoo. She was excited. Maybe her friend was going to apologize! But as she was closer, she saw the twisted face of her ex-best friend. It dripped off hate and jealousy. Eunbi stopped cold in front of Suhyoon, and striked her across the face. 

Myungsoo saw, and striked Eunbi back, just as Jiyong came out of the school. "Hey, what do you think you're doing to my girlfriend?!"

".......Girlfriend?" Suhyoon whispered, astonished.