Harbor, Let's Go!

Little Steps

Suhyoon and Myungsoo were walking side by side on the beach, laughing and playing. Suddenly, she heard a voice. It was her dad's. She turned her head to see him running to try catching up with her, but a huge, dark hole was him back in, stopping him from ever reaching Suhyoon. Suhyoon screamed. Myungsoo grabbed her hand, and they both tried to run. But Suhyoon was distracted by the smell of, *sniff sniff*, bacon?

 

Suhyoon woke up with a startle. It was only 8:14, and was a cold Saturday morning. But the air smelled of bacon. She took a deep breath. Dad, she thought.

She ran out of her room to find Myungsoo instead, flipping strips of bacon. Myungsoo turned around, saw her, and smiled. But she sulked her way over to the kitchen table and sat herself down. Myungsoo grabbed a piece of crispy bacon, and let it cool. He then walked over to Suhyoon. She saw his feet walking towards her, but she didn't have the energy to even look up. "Suhyoon," Myungsoo said. She looked up, and was attacked by a strip of bacon, still a little warm from frying. She couldn't help but smile. Once you cracked Myungsoo open, he was a bundle of warmth and radiance. 

She helped Myungsoo set the table, and then ate.

While eating, Myungsoo suggested that they visit the sea harbor for some fresh air. Suhyoon looked like she needed it, and so she agreed.

 

The bus ride was long. Suhyoon and Myungsoo joked around, and played little games. Moms and little children watched them, smiling and laughing. "You guys make a great couple," said an elderly couple. Both couples smiled. 

 

Finally, they arrived. They jumped off the bus, and walked down the long harbor. They watched ferries go to and fro, back and forth. They watched as people boarded the ferries, or have parties on the little boats. Lunchtime was eaten at the restaurant next to the harbor, and so was dinner. It was such a perfect day, and Suhyoon had so much fun. 

 

It was dark. Myungsoo and Suhyoon got on the bus to head back home.

"Thanks Myungsoo, I had so much fun," Suhyoon had said. 

"No problem. It was great, getting fresh air and all."

"Yep, it really was."

There was a moment of silence.

"So.... Does this mean we're official?" Myungsoo had finally asked.

"Hm?"

"Us being, you know, a couple. Even the grandma and grandpa said it.

Suhyoon laughed. She then planted a small kiss on Myungsoo's cheek, now turning into a deep scarlet. 

"I'll take that as a yes," Myungsoo said, smiling.

Suhyoon rested her head on his shoulder, and slept until they had arrived at their bus stop. 

 

They got off, and headed towards home. "I'll carry you if you want," Myungsoo had said.

"It's okay, I have feet you know," Suhyoon responded. They both smiled and held hands.

 

"Well well well, if it isn't the girl with the veggie as a dad."

The words stung Suhyoon. She turned around to see Jiyong and his gang. 

Myungsoo, protecting Suhyoon, said, "Leave before you get a good beating."

But Jiyong didn't. Instead, he flew a punch at Myungsoo. Suhyoon yelled, "Stop!" Jiyong pushed her.

Myungsoo, being a good fighter, fought back. But he couldn't handle five guys at once. 

Suhyoon whipped out her cellphone and dialed Dongwoo. "Dongwoo! Call the others! Myungsoo needs your help! Come in front of the Wara Store, he's fighting with Jiyo-" Jiyong grabbed her cell phone, ended the call, and chucked it at Suhyoon.

By now, Myungsoo was running out of energy. He had used it to fight off most of Jiyong and his gang, but he needed help. 

Right then, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sungjong, Hoya, Woohyun, and Sunggyu came running. They beat up the five others, and they soon ran away. 

All that was left was Suhyoon, a badly injured Myungsoo, and the other six. 

 

They carried Myungsoo into Suhyoon's house, and set him on the couch. Suhyoon examined his wounds on his face. There were many cuts, and a huge bruise on his cheekbone. "Hold on," Suhyoon said. "I'll bring some ointment." While she was gone, Myungsoo had asked the other members to leave. Suhyoon wasn't used to lots of guys in her house, so he had said that it made her uncomfortable. "Okay, bro, call us though if you need anything," answered Hoya. Then they left. 

When Suhyoon returned, she saw that they were all gone. "Where did they go?" she asked. 

"I thought it would make you uncomfortable if they were here, so I sent them home. Is that okay?"

Suhyoon nodded, then proceeded to apply ointment on his cuts. He winced. "All done with the face. Now, do you have any cuts or bruises on your body, arms...?"

Myungsoo reached over for her, and pulled her closer to him. "Just stay next to me, and all the pain will be gone. Stay. Promise?" He was shaking of coldness now, and she agreed. 

"Let me just get some blankets for you," she said. 

Myungsoo was hesitant, but let her go to go get some. She came back with a handful. She touched his forehead, and saw that he had a fever. She ran off to get some medicine to lower his temperature. Afterwards, she cuddled right next to him. 

He held her close, but Myungsoo was still shivering from the cold.