A Little Surprise

Little Steps

The year went by. Myungsoo and Suhyoon were known as the Baby Couple, for they had such good looks. 

Suhyoon's father didn't wake up. Myungsoo's dad never came back, but occasionally sent money and a letter to Myungsoo. 

Eunbi dissappeared out of thin air. Later on, Suhyoon found out that she had dropped out of school, and was a drug addict.

 

And school dragged on until it was time for college. Myungsoo and Suhyoon decided to attend the same college, but study different things. 

Myungsoo went on to study business, and to work for a big company.

Suhyoon decided to study to be a nurse. 

Both people were super busy. And college went on like that.

 

One day, Suhyoon and her old friends decided to have dinner. The other girls had known a secret, which Suhyoon didn't know. They chose a fancy restaurant, and a seat next to the black, glossy grand piano. As they ate and laughed, Myungsoo sneaked in. He asked a request to the manager. 

 

 

Suhyoon heard piano music. She turned her head to find Myungsoo, sitting at the piano, playing. He started singing "내가 너의 곁에 잠시 살았다는 걸", or "That I Was Once By Your Side". 

He looked straight at Suhyoon, singing and smiling. His voice was so soothing, warm and soft. Her eyes started tearing up. 

 

Once done singing, Myungsoo got up, and walked towards Suhyoon, getting down on one knee. "Park Suhyoon, I know it's sudden and all.... But I just want you to know that I love you so much. I don't ever want you to leave my side, and I promise to never leave yours. Will you be mine forever?" As he said his last sentence, he pulled out a tiny velvet box, and opened it. There, in the middle, was a beautiful diamond ring. 

Suhyoon, on the verge of crying, nodded. 

Myungsoo stood up. And they hugged, while Suhyoon cried. 

 

 

That night, they walked back home together. They were still living together, thinking that it was perfectly okay. 

Over the months, they planned their wedding. They wanted Woohyun, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong to be there. 

 

 

 

And they had their wedding. 

It was a beautiful day, an outdoors wedding on a clear May day. Suhyoon was sad that her dad couldn't walk down the aisle with her. She had her uncle, but it wasn't the same. Nevertheless, she was happy. She would be with Myungsoo until she died.

 

 

"I do."

"I do."