The Neighborhood

Little Steps

Well, actually, it wasn't a surprise. Suhyoon had a feeling it would be Myungsoo. He shoved her out of the way and entered the house. Suhyoon, a little pissed, slammed the door, walked by him, and gave her dad a cold stare. 

"Um, Suhyoon, you know Myungsoo, right? From school. And of course, Myungsoo, you know my Suhyoon," he said. 

"Yep, I know her very well..." Myungsoo whispered. "So, where's my room?" Myungsoo swung Suhyoon's door room wide open, which was a big mistake. Books and papers were scattered everywhere. Her dirty clothes (including her undergarments) were spread out on top of everything. 

Suhyoon screamed. Even her dad didn't dare to enter her room! 

Myungsoo laughed, and said, "Okay, that's not my room. And you really need to learn to clean.."

"...... Don't tell me what to do. Now get out of there. The guest room is over there." Suhyoon pointed to the door next to her room. Myungsoo, still trying to stifle his giggles, walked into his new room and put his stuff on the floor. Then, he proceeded to leave the house.

"Uh, where you going, Myungsoo?" Suhyoon's dad asked.

"I dunno, I just need some fresh air. Take a look around the neighborhood, maybe..", he answered, then left.

"Suhyoon-ah, go with him. He might get lost," her dad said.

"WHAT, NO! WHAT IF HE ME?! WHAT IF HE'S A TOTAL CREEP? I'M NOT GO-"

Her dad gave her a stern look. "He'll protect you. He's learned how to fight since he was young. Trust me."

 "You learn something new everyday, don't you...," Suhyoon grumbled. She grabbed her jacket, and went outside. 

 

 

 

 

"You don't have to stalk me, you know," Myungsoo said, still walking. Suhyoon was close behind him. "I'm not. My dad sent me to go with you... Don't ask why," she mumbled. Myungsoo spun around quickly. "Now that we're out here....", he said. Suhyoon stepped back. "Aren't you going to apologize?", he asked. "For what?" Suhyoon responded. 

"For running into me this morning!" 

"Well, that really wasn't my fault.... YOU SHOULD STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO YOUR CLOTHES!"

They started arguing. Loudly. The owner of a store nearby came out and told them to shut up. 

"Fine then, since you're so better off by yourself, why don't you just wander the neighborhood by yourself?" Suhyoon yelled.

"FINE!" Myungsoo responded.

Suhyoon turned around, and started walking home. She took a shortcut that she always took during the day to her house. It was dark, she noticed....

Suddenly, a huge dog appeared from behind a trashcan. It was homeless,and starving. It's sharp teeth were bright from the little moonlight that was shining in the alleyway. Suhyoon froze. She had been afraid of dogs ever since she could remember.

She slowly started turning around, and the dog pounced. She ran as fast as she could, with no stopping.

"MYUNGSOOOOOOO!" she yelled.

She turned the corner, and saw him. Myungsoo turned around to see Suhyoon flying on top of him, with the dog right behind her.

"Crap, what the heck is that?" He quickly stood up, grabbed Suhyoon, and ran.

Eventually, they lost the dog, but they were far from Suhyoon's house.  They sat down on the curb. Suhyoon looked down at her leg, and noticed the huge wound she got from falling on top of Myungsoo. Suhyoon winced from the pain. Myungsoo noticed, and said, "Here, let me carry you home."

"Ha, why are you being so friendly now, you were so mean to me a couple of minutes ago," Suhyoon responded.

"You want me to carry you or not?" 

Suhyoon slowly climbed on to his back.

Myungsoo stood up, and they started their way back home. "Man, you way a lot. Lose some weight," he complained.

"Fine, then drop me right now. Let me walk."
 

But Myungsoo didn't let her fall, didn't drop her once.