A Rude "Intruder"

Little Steps

Suhyoon slammed the door behind her as she stepped in her home. "Appa! Daddy! I'm home!" 

Her dad rushed out of the kitchen to greet her. "Hey, Suhyoon! How was school?"

She responded immediately. "Horrible. You know that kid Myungsoo? Your best friend's son? Yeah, he's absolutely horrible. Despicable. I DISLIKE HIM VERY MUCH."

Her dad started to get nervous. He was bound to come in a couple of hours... 

"Anyways, dad, he make me fall over at school. And didn't even apologize.... Are you listening to me? Okay, you must be tired. Go to bed, I'll get food, don't worry."

"Actually, Suhyoon, I have to tell you something...."

 

-

 

Myungsoo arrived home. Like always, his huge house felt empty. But today, it was empty. "Maid, maid!", he called out. No response. He walked to the kitchen, where he found a note:

My dear Myungsoo,

I'm a horrible father. I'm very sorry. My business got bankrupt, and people are chasing after me. They're probably going to come to the house late at night. I need you to run away to this house tonight. Dont forget to pack everything you have: (address here.) He's my best friend, and he promised to take good care of you. Stay safe, I love you. -Dad. 

 

Myungsoo reread the letter over and over again. He tried to keep as cool and calm and collected as possible. He stuffed the note into his pocket, and rushed to his room. He grabbed a huge suitcase, and started packing. Wherever he was going, he needed to be safe, like his dad had said. After all, he was all he had. Once he finished packing, he raced outside, grabbed a taxi, and drove to his new "home." 

 

-

 

"WHAT?! WHO'S COMING OVER? TELL ME, NOW." 

Suhyoon was freaked out. A total stranger was coming to stay at her house, and her father refused to tell her who. He looked worried, but she wanted to know. 

"Suhyoon, I'm sorry this is all so sudden. He's the son of a good friend of mine. Don't worry."

*DING DONG*

 

Suhyoon ran to open the door, and found a bigger surprised than she imagined.

Myungsoo.

"..... Well, are you going to let me in or not?"